• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sounds like the usual trick adopted by struggling businesses. Wait till the creditor sues you then settle out of court for a lower amount therefore saving you money.

Hang on a minute - why the hell is anyone blaming Ron? We've CLEARLY got more outgoings than income and he's kept it all going by juggling around behind the scenes. In addition we've got the fattest squad in the division and the manager has been backed as much as any other manager in this league. Why should the fact that we can't pay our bills surprise anyone?

What exactly do you want the Chairman to do? If this is his incompetence, what would you do differently?

Perhaps pay the bill due in the first place, before wasting £2m on 50 Tonnes of scrap metal maybe?

Perhaps pay the bill due in the first place, before wasting £2m on 50 Tonnes of scrap metal maybe?

But, the bill was disputed. I wouldn't pay anything whilst still in dispute, otherwise you're then left with trying to reclaim the money which is a whole lot harder.

(I caveat the above on the basis that the fact that it was in dispute is based on an announcement from RM, and you can't ever be 100% sure his statements are accurate.)

But, the bill was disputed. I wouldn't pay anything whilst still in dispute, otherwise you're then left with trying to reclaim the money which is a whole lot harder.

(I caveat the above on the basis that the fact that it was in dispute is based on an announcement from RM, and you can't ever be 100% sure his statements are accurate.)

Well indeed. "Disputing" buys a few more weeks to find some shrapnel down the back of the sofa though eh :winking:

I used to work in the same building as Dechert in London and saw Ron in the lifts visiting them a few times, albeit this was a few years ago. I dread to think how much Dechert charge for providing their services though, it appears too much for Ron to be able to afford!

I'm not sure what they would get out of a winding up order (other than satisfaction).

Satisfaction of the debt!

There are disputes and there are disputes.

Is it a bill for £1m and Ron's dispute is that we should only be paying £999,995, asking for the bill to be reissued because there's a typo in it or is it actually a more material dispute?

The club don't seem to be disputing their liability and have quickly settled up, which I think speaks volumes.

Things generally have to get pretty bad before law firms start suing their own clients.

Satisfaction of the debt!

There are disputes and there are disputes.

Is it a bill for £1m and Ron's dispute is that we should only be paying £999,995, asking for the bill to be reissued because there's a typo in it or is it actually a more material dispute?

The club don't seem to be disputing their liability and have quickly settled up, which I think speaks volumes.

Things generally have to get pretty bad before law firms start suing their own clients.

It's not the first time SUFC have been sued by their solicitors though. It also happened under VJ.

Forgive my ignorance, as I've not followed the whole situation as closely over recent years as I would have liked to, but where exactly are we with Sainsbury's and the current ground.

If the new ground never gets built, do Sainsbury's have any say in the future of Roots Hall or are they just part owners and have no control at all on decisions?

Back