• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend to Sign Proven League 1/2 Striker

Just spoken to a good friend of mine, who is a relation of a non named Southend United Captain, and he seems to find out about everything rather quickly, told me about Furlong, Betsy, at least a week before it happened.

Got a text saying the following

"We have a new boy in training today, Proven League 1/2 goalscorer, Deal done for £300k + Add ons, Will be registered in time for Brighton"

He wont tell me a name :(

Have you had a follow up text explaining why nothing seems to have happened?. Still, the post has been the highlight of the day on here.

There was no new striker training with us today. Whether someone came in for a medical or whatever I don't know (unfortunately!), but there was no new player actually training with us properly.

Bloody hell! I've finished a day's work downstairs and I come up to find this thread still going strong. I think it worth pointing out that Jaydeaa, the instigator of this rumour, last posted at 9.50 am and since that time the thread has taken on a momentum of it's own.........as is often the way of these things. Nearly twelve hours and many words later on..........have we advanced at all? Oh well, by tomorrow morning, we will be focusing on the evening kick-off and this thread will be slowly
sliding away to obscurity .......................................or will it???????

My mates dad works in the car park and reckons he saw craig curran of tranmere arrive this morning.

This sounds an interesting rumour. Your mate's dad must have a good knowledge of lower league football to be recognising players like that! A young striker (19) with real promise....2 years left left on his contract....

Just spoken to a good friend of mine, who is a relation of a non named Southend United Captain, and he seems to find out about everything rather quickly, told me about Furlong, Betsy, at least a week before it happened.

"We have a new boy in training today, Proven League 1/2 goalscorer, Deal done for £300k + Add ons, Will be registered in time for Brighton"

Is the mystery man in question any good at designing websites ;)

Is your real name Walter Mitty?

I think it worth pointing out that Jaydeaa, the instigator of this rumour, last posted at 9.50 am and since that time the thread has taken on a momentum of it's own.........
its also worth having a look at the Web Design Thread, he made a real fool of himself on there.

300,000 or 9,000? ****

There was no new striker training with us today. Whether someone came in for a medical or whatever I don't know (unfortunately!), but there was no new player actually training with us properly.

I don't know if its relevant, but our physio left Boots and Laces at 3.45, which seems late by football standards. I only know this, as it was me who let him out!

The story is probably bollo, but I hope I'm wrong!

OK Jaydeaa, what happened to this then???

Back