• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I half enjoyed my first game of the season, there was a lot of effort in the first half to keep Swindon at bay. The step up to league 1 class was easily apparent as Swindon moved the ball around with ease, most of their midfielders were able to shift the ball quickly to make space. We however limited them to very few chances which was good to see.

Second half we came out with confidence that we could compete with them, this however left is more open at times. I think it was Hunts poor miss just previous to their goal, not sure if Payne had already missed his chance at this point too. This is what happens at this level though, Swindon only really had the one clear chance and they took it.

Most accurate comment I've seen so far. I dont have the luxury of seeing many games. First since Wembley. Col Ewe likely to be the next one. The centre midfield was the big difference for me. I got the feeling even if we equalised Swindon would turn it on again. Encouraged by Worrall and Hunt, Coker looked comfortable at this level. Payne looked out of his depth.

Thats a stupid comment. Of course we will score, but under Brown we don't score many, which in this league will make a huge difference. Our goal return last year for a team promoted was poor, in this league as proved yesterday failure to score will mean we get punished far greater than in league 2. I'd rather we played crap and won 2-0 than play well and lose 1-0.

Is it just me or can anyone else see the irony in this post.

Football coaches the world over take note. The secret of how to win 2-0

Did you miss this one YB? In my opinion (fwiw), I felt Payne was definitely not on the same wavelength most of the time, and Worrall similarly some of the time. Hunt has had good interchanges with Timlin, Leonard and White, all of whom have good footballing brains. I think Worrall is great but he doesn't always have the best vision. I am sure this will come in time, it's getting used to having a forward who is a lot more agile than Corr was.

Sorry but I don't agree with this. Worrall has a great footballing brain and is a really important player for us. He initiates most of our attacks and threats. Timlin is also a very important player for us, he has a great footballing brain, and talks to players around him organising the midfield. It was no surprise that when Phil Brown substituted him on so many occasions last year we totally lost our shape.
On the other hand you say that Leonard has a good footballing brain. He is young and quite truthfully in my opinion, both at the end of last season and so far this season, apart from a couple of important last ditch challenges, has offered very little. I feel he is one of the biggest underachievers so far. He has a great strike on him and yet barely has a shot, and has offered very little to the midfield so far. And yet Phil Brown never substitutes him. I agree with others that looking at the highlights, he looked lazy for their goal, failing to track back, and really can't understand why he is never ever substituted.

Back