• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-1 Dagenham & Redbridge

I found the model used at the Qatar World Cup of adding on all time the ball was out of play drastically reduced these ‘dark arts’ Very true, also if a team who have wasted time
Very true, also if a team that has wasted time suddenly finds itself losing going into added time the ref should ask the offended team if they still want the time added on. If not then game over. Simples.

I found the model used at the Qatar World Cup of adding on all time the ball was out of play drastically reduced these ‘dark arts’
Doesn't work.
They applied that beginning of the season and wee getting 10-15 minutes added to a half. Nightmare for an evening game as you'd be getting home half hour later than normal.

Agree this would be very effective but unlikely to be introduced in case the odd occasion there is a real serious injury it goes untreated when a team elects to continue rather than make sure their goalie is ok.

But what if the referee was told to add double the amount of the time the game was stopped if the goalie or any other player who is deemed to be injured is able to resume ? Probably also has its issues but might be worth a try ?
...all the more reason for the keeper to come off whether it be on a stretcher or his own volition.

Very true, also if a team that has wasted time suddenly finds itself losing going into added time the ref should ask the offended team if they still want the time added on. If not then game over. Simples.
Exactly right, it's about common sense. I do this when reffing a 6 aside league. If a team is wasting time I'll add time. If a team has wasted time then losing at the end, they don't get the time. Always solves it. Trouble is, at that level it's OK. A lot of power/decision making is taken away in the professional game by rules that are not flexible and refs afraid to rule by common sense..

Back