• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WESTY_SUFC

Another performance at home against a poor side full of poor quality and plenty of dreadful hoofball

Southend United 1, Dagenham & Redbridge 1

MICHAEL Timlin went from hero to villain as Southend United were held to a 1-1 draw by struggling Dagenham and Redbridge at Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

Long pass my arse .. that was ****ing hoofball and that was ****ing disgraceful

Fair play to Dagenham, they got the very least their slick passing counter attacking football deserved

Notbloodyhappy.com

1. Not too bad going forward when we kept the ball on the deck. Clohessy was fantastic.

2. Dreadful at the back on far too many occassions.

3. Far too much hoofball. We are better than that, and have the players to prove it.

4. I never ever want to see the Poznan performed at Roots Hall ever again.

Thats 5 points simply wasted against poor opposition at home in the last two games. Could be crucial come May. We've not won at home in the League since 5th November. The solution is simple. Either we just play away from here on in or we buckle down and stop assuming we'll beat anyone who comes. Saturday is now massive, not just for the three points but its now a desperately needed home win.

A wee birdie may have got us results but ffs how much more of this dross are we expected to put up with ?

For those who keep spouting it's all about getting promoted well playing this way will result in one thing, instant relegation if we are lucky enough to go up, yes LUCKY because we certainly aren't outplaying anyone with good football.

I never could understand how some managers got the sack after getting promotion but i'm beginning to understand a lot more this season !

Promotion - yes please

Sturrock next season - no thanks

Cue the sanctimonious replies citing how people are fickle and never happy blah blah blah

Long pass my arse .. that was ****ing hoofball and that was ****ing disgraceful

Fair play to Dagenham, they got the very least their slick passing counter attacking football deserved

Notbloodyhappy.com

Completely agree that brand of football should be left for Sunday league. Was embarrassing watching the aimless blasts into the sky

Dog*****. Awful brand of football that just isn't working anymore. At least two more signings needed and Bilel must come back at centre half.

Benyon looks a decent player based on today, but he clearly isn't going to win headers so what's the point in playing him? Even without the hoofball our tactics are to get it out wide and cross, and Benyon is too short to be effective in the air. If we want to do well with him we need to adjust our play style, surely Timlin has the skill to pass through the middle?
Also I think we should not play Dickinson just because then we'd have to stop playing hoofball, if it doesn't work after 20 minutes why we think it will start working in the next 70 is beyond me.

First time I have been in a while and it was pretty poor tbh. The tactic appears to be our goalkeeper hoofs up to Dicko and then our players scramble to win the 2nd ball. Terrible waste of the talented players we have.

Daniels - 6 - Played well and no chance with the goal
Clohessy - 6 - Puts balls into the box but with mixed results.
Barker - 4 - Had a bit of a mare unfortunately. Made two schoolboy errors which nearly cost us two goals.
Phillips - 6 - Solid
Prosser - 6 - Solid
Leonard - 5.5 - Bit uninspiring really and gave the ball away a lot
Grant - 5.5 - Gave the ball away too much for my liking and missed a good chance at the end
Timlin - 5.5 - Scored a great volley but then gave the ball away for the equaliser
Hall - 6 - Looked good when on the ball but doesn't really have much of a chance with the long ball game
Benyon - 6.5 - Quite liked him. Held the ball up well considering his size and looks like a good footballer
Dicko - 6 - Played alright but feel a bit sorry for him as he is just bombarded with long balls for 90 mins.

Harris + Ferdinand - 5.5 - Nothing of note for either.

So to sum up, we really need to stop the hoof game because it will get us nowhere!

A wee birdie may have got us results but ffs how much more of this dross are we expected to put up with ?

For those who keep spouting it's all about getting promoted well playing this way will result in one thing, instant relegation if we are lucky enough to go up, yes LUCKY because we certainly aren't outplaying anyone with good football.

I never could understand how some managers got the sack after getting promotion but i'm beginning to understand a lot more this season !

Promotion - yes please

Sturrock next season - no thanks

Cue the sanctimonious replies citing how people are fickle and never happy blah blah blah

Spot on Ansah .. sadly

Dire. So so so bad its ridiculous. Dagenham deserved more than a draw, we were a joke. Apart from Clohessy, the defence were shocking. Im sorry but Dickinson just isnt good enough and neither is Harris so we have problems there. We're badly missing Corr imo. One thing I can promise, NO WAY WE WILL GET PROMOTED!

Another shocking display of Hoofball....What is the point,we have players that can play it on the floor but keep on with this constant rubbish...We were very lucky today and Daggers should of had all three points. A good crowd to, but I can't see many of the extra faces rushing back next game to watch what is fast becoming the most unentertaining football I have ever seen SUFC play.

Total toilet.

Dogshite. Awful brand of football that just isn't working anymore. At least two more signings needed and Bilel must come back at centre half.

dont really understand this view, we are 3rd in the league ffs. moshni is to much of a liability at cb that's why he moved to lm. thatworked well as he was still back to defend set pieces, also barker had a mare today yes but he is our captain and usually very reliable and Phillips has scored a lot of goals and got motm today who exactly would you drop.

Today shows that if you run at the opposition with the ball on the deck they panic. We certainly did.

That was a lucky result as we deserved nothing from today.

Dagenham had the one thing that we didnt . PACE

Please please please can we sign someone who can travel with the ball as hall is looking forlorn carrying the only attacking threat . Another winger who can attack with pace would be awsome.

Also do we have the worst left backs in the league Prosser and Gilbert are both dreadful and he was abysmal today.

It all well and good bringing in someone with pace up front but benyon will suffer the same fate as harris . Any front men signings should get a free neck brace.

Also dickinson wtf. You have missed two sitters today that sunday league players score week in week out. I dont condone players getting stick , but **** me you can understand why he gets some.

Special mention for Clohessy who i thought was immense again. A left back of his quality will go a long way for us.

2 points dropped against a team that had grown in confidence.

Please lose maybe

Prosser asante blair crawford paterson and ferdinand who i think is poor and bring in two or three players of real quality

However well Sturrock has done to turn things around, he can't seem to play anything other than hoof/longball. Yes some may point out we have had 17 games unbeaten but I can't see this style of play working anymore and it has to change.

Daggers play the same system year in year out just a change of personal they play long ball to channels force corners and throw ins and normally get goals from set pieces or defensive errors and they played it better than us today ...this was a result in the end for us ..........its not a very nice style of play for me but if automatic promotion is gained by it than it justifies the managers decision ...With Swindon now on our shoulder its twitchy bum time can PS steady the ship with his beliefs and keep it going to the end of season(Not playing well but picking up points) or will we blow it coz on todays perfomance it aint looking good is it.

Swindon and Crawley for the automatics, then around a dozen sides fighting for that last spot and the play offs

Though if we did go up we'd be ripped apart in L1 playing like we did today, a quick look at how C'field Bury and Wycombe are faring proves there is a developing gulf between L1 and L2

Back