• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not sure what block I sit in, but it's right in the middle where the blue seats meet the yellow seats and around us all we could really about was the game and what was happening

I need to sit nearer the middle then! I thought those around me must have mixing pre-match beers with valium. The atmosphere was as welcome as a fart in mini cooper.

"The crowd. I sit in the East. We don't half have some ****wits that "follow" this club. Booing your own players - even before they're on the pitch. Ranger is the latest bête noire, and Josh Wright (yeah) not far behind. Either **** off to the North Bank with away supporters, or simply better still, just **** off."

The three old blokes (Waldorf and Statler plus one) East Black row A!

Michael Timlins fifth yellow card this season he will miss Oldham on Saturday.

One of the better and more entertaining games this season.
....one too many chances for me.

Timlin, Cox and Demetriou all very good today. Best player on the pitch, as he has been in every game I have seen was Leonard, too good for league 1 and really would not envy him going in Jan to top Championship side, although would be disastrous to us. In the summer I was all about retaining him, but his professionalism and dedication has put him in my all time SUFC team and just wish him all the best plying his trade at a higher level!

Pleased Ranger was not treated as some kind of legend returning hero today, I think he is vastly overrated even if he could behave. For me we need a central defender to replace Ferdy who needs to retire and a centre forward who can finish to go alongside Cox. I really think is Ferdinand wasn't the band he is he would have been dropped long ago, Barrett was performing far better when he was exiled!

Our game in hand is must win next weekend if we have any ambition of the play offs.

We've got one - his name is John White! That's the frustrating thing - I can understand that Phil had to stick with Ferdy while Turner and Kyp were injured, but not now that Turner is available. Once Kyprianu is back, Ferdinand is very much 4th choice Centre-Back in my opinion. Unfortunately he seems to be the first name on the teamsheet as far as Phil is concerned, which is perplexing to say the least

Had my boxers and thermals on yesterday, bloody cold in that South Upper, though I did have warm hands as SBH can testify to

If you're in the South Upper, that probably explains why you can't tell whether the ball goes backwards, sideways or forwards!

I'm never hanging on your every word re ball direction again!

lol

If you're in the South Upper, that probably explains why you can't tell whether the ball goes backwards, sideways or forwards!

I'm never hanging on your every word re ball direction again!

lol

Whenever I think something exciting is going to happen I close my eyes anyway. I just make up what I saw on here later

One really scary aspect of yesterday's game was when we had a corner - we'd sometimes leave Ferdinand back in the centre circle to defend against a fast breakaway. Nuts or what.

Ferdinand has to show some consideration for the beautiful game and retire. It would be an early Xmas present for most of our supporters, and a partial hopes dasher for future opposition forwards.

Well you have every right to question my post #56 but that only leads me to question your judgement. You then go on to talk about the abuse, which I have already criticised, but I will say, that if past players and coaches hate playing at RH as you say, they should not be in the game. Every club has the boo boy element. Some of the players/coaches need to man up and move on. If they want to be cheered, and I want to cheer, then give the crowd reason to cheer. Pinning the blame for our current underperforming on the fans is very A about face.

They are very much in the game and have played at much better clubs than ours. That's why they know what their talking about. Yes every club has its boo boys but we seem to have a larger proportion than some. By that I mean the sort of people who shout vile abuse at players and managers alike. The sort of people who make it impossible for players young families to sit in the East stand. When one of Southend's most loyal sons says......" The problem is with RH, if we are not 2-0 up within 20 minutes then the atmosphere can be toxic at times."

So I guess if your the sort of person who demands they give you something to cheer first before you support them....Then he must be talking about you.

I was in F block of the south upper and yes it was somewhat chilly on the unmentionables. I also could barley believe how uninterested much of the crowd appeared around me. I heard numerous low key conversations about all manner of things unrelated to football but the lack of noise generated for the game was incredible. I was in a group of eight and to a man we could not consider the game to be highly entertaining as some suggest and the crowd indifference seemed to support my view.

I have to agree, watching on iFollow the atmosphere seemed morgue-esque, the East and South stands looked very quiet. Could hear the loud lot in the West at times, but it was mostly all Oxford singing. How do we get Roots Hall rocking again? Win some games I guess.

As other have said the most entertaining game since Blackburn. Maybe Phil has mellowed and decided we need to attack more to try and win games as we are falling behind a bit. Fortunately Oxford wanted to try and win as well.

However as Paul Clark said after the game most of the excitement was down to poor defending on both sides rather than good attacking play.

At half time I was thinking it could be another lucky home game for Brown. We could have easily been 3 goals behind as Oxford cut through us at will. Only Oxley's bravery in the first couple of minutes, them smashing two good chances against the bar and straying offside kept the scores level.

We scored an excellent goal - for once moving forward quickly and McLaughlin advancing forward to put in a well hit low cross for Cox to tap in. However the lead did not last long.

Thomas turned Ferdinand - and Phil he didn't slip until Thomas was away from him. For 10 minutes Ferdinand couldn't get near them making several mistakes as they played on his weaknesses. We kept it level to half time with Wright having a shot bounce of the top of the crossbar.

Second half we seemed to go for it with Timlin pushing forward a lot more and McLaughlin having a much better game looking stronger and more confident. We created some half chances so did they. We missed some sitters - so did they and it ended all square. We really failed to test the opposition keeper again.

Oxley showed that he has bravery in his game getting down well at feet at least twice.
Timlin did well as did Mclaughlin and Demetriou. Nothing comes off for Kightly -maybe he has dropped too low down.
Cox stayed up front a lot more rather than being dragged back into midfield.

I thought the pitch had done for Leonard. It's still a disgrace. If it was just down to the contractor being three weeks late I think it should have recovered by now as the weather has been great for growing grass.

Who gets left out when Wordsworth comes back which he must? We hardly score without him. We've won just one proper game of twelve when he hasn't been playing -that was on August 5th.

The crowd. I sit in the East. We don't half have some ****wits that "follow" this club. Booing your own players - even before they're on the pitch. Ranger is the latest bête noire, and Josh Wright (yeah) not far behind. Either **** off to the North Bank with away supporters, or simply better still, just **** off.

I couldn't have put it better myself. :thumbsup:

So you’re happy for Ranger to keep taking the ****?

It sends a terrible message to those that turn up on time and work hard, for example, Ba and then Ranger still comes on ahead of him after being disciplined for a whopping 5 days
issues of discipline are a matter for the manager and should be kept behind the scenes (PB should not make such things public imo) not the fans. Fans should support the player if the manager has decided to do so.

"The crowd. I sit in the East. We don't half have some ****wits that "follow" this club. Booing your own players - even before they're on the pitch. Ranger is the latest bête noire, and Josh Wright (yeah) not far behind. Either **** off to the North Bank with away supporters, or simply better still, just **** off."

The three old blokes (Waldorf and Statler plus one) East Black row A!
I agree, yes Ferdinand was **** and Ranger hyped up beyond belief, but save your opinions for the pub not when the team neeed us behind them, we have some seriously **** supporters, but I guess none of them are reading this!!!

No one was complaining down at Pompey when Anton gave a captains performance in the first half, with several good clearances when he read the game and got in good positons. He had done his job and as you know we should have ben in the lead. The second half would have ben a different story as the Pompey fans were happy to tell me on the train.

Not rating him is one thing but your earlier post 56? is utter nonsense.

When Anton came over to get instructions the same sad idiot who sits in the reds by the half way line shouted his usual abusive rubbish, he always has someone to hate but is first out of the door if we win. The sad thing is the likes of Harry Kyp sits just yards away along Ted Smith Wordsworth etc......How do you think they feel listening to that.

Is it any wonder that past players and coaches alike have told me they don't like playing at RH.

apologies if I am mistaken, but I still haven't seen your opinion of Antons performance in yesterdays game.

doesn't the guy giving abuse get stick from those around him- or at least don't people then shout pro SUFC stuff to drown him out ?

NFN, but why do people feel the need to question someone else's match report and ratings?

I thought the point of this thread was for each of us to give our views and then create discussion from them, in a general sense, rather than picking one person's report and directly asking them why they think the way they do or more importantly, why they don't think the way someone else does.

very open game with both sides having chances and the woodwork being rattled a few times...again from both sides

Anton mad a few mistakes including the slip for their goal, but we had enough chances again to bury the game at the other end........not sure why the Oxford fans decided to fight amongst themselves and then try to fight the stewards and then the few police officers in the area....but it didn't take my attention too much from a good game of Football

Anton didn’t slip. He was outpaced, out muscled and fell over trying to compete. He’s clearly the weak link at the back now as he can barely run. What he is doing though is trying his best, so doesn’t deserve any stick. That should be aimed at the person who keeps selecting him when he has an option.

Very entertaining game, with both sides hitting the crossbar once (Oxford's first one was offside, so doesn't count)

Oxford had the better of the first 10 and we were lucky not to be behind, then we came into the game and got the goal, with some superb interplay between Demi and Wright, and a defence splitting pass.

Cox tapped in at the far post, and I am sure if that had been down the other end, the lino would of flagged for offside.

Oxford then got a goal out of nothing. An aimless ball forward and Turner and Ferdinand both caught ball watching and out of position. Rest of the 1st half was fairly even, with both sides having half chances.

2nd half Oxford battered us for the first 10, a bit like the first half, and missed a couple of good chances, but then we had enought chances to win about 5 games and sqandered them all. Wright's miss lookd even worse on the replay.

Another game come and gone that we should of won (although so could Oxford if they could shoot), and another 2 points dropped.

Back