• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worldy, not for me or the two boys with me, good goal yes.

As for us well what can I say we were poor and so were they, we played like we expected to win just for turning up as we are a bit higher in the league than they are.

Fortune MOM for me
Cox good pass for the goal
McLaughlin well taken goal
Ferdinand brings some much needed calmness to the defence

The hall was quiet in my opinion.

We played well 1st half with some good moves and passes into the channels, Cox's pass for our goal was brilliant as he feinted a shot but passed instead.

Thought we reverted back to the same old slow build up in the second half. which gave shrews a chance to get all behind the ball. Must admit I would have brought Innis on late on but up front as a target man to try something different.

Have to point out that we had only one shot on target (the goal) and that it was a stone wall penalty (was directly in front of me in the South stand).

MoM for me was Cox 1st half but overall it was Thompson who hardly put a foot wrong.

Why are we, with the players that we have, not running at defenders?

Over emphasis on playing the ball wide, PB was urging Lenny to "travel" when he had space in front of him, but he opted for the side pass out wide, much to el-tango's frustration. Our attacking play is too predictable and easy to counter at times.

'RHB' pretty much had it spot on.

Encouraging signs are : Last 4 games = 2 x clean sheet wins and 2 x draws after being a goal behind.

Something we couldn't do in hardly any games prior to this recent run.

Overall, we worked hard and did OK, but they were extremely negative and very hard to break down. The only way they were going to get anything out of the game was exactly how they did. Score a superb goal and defend well.

The reverse pass from Cox for our goal was on a different level. Quality!

The ref handled the handbags in front of us very well. There was no reason to send anyone off.

That said, he was a dimwit for a period in the first half. No idea how to play advantage or allow a quick free-kick.

Overall, a frustrating result rather than a poor one :-

Oxley 7 - Handling is getting better and couldn't be faulted for the goal.
Demetriou 7 - Defended well, but not so effective going forward.
Coker 7 - Steady enough game. Didn't do much wrong.
Thompson 7.5 - Pushed for MOM. Very steady performance and working well with Anton.
Ferdinand 7.5 - Bit of class and calmness at the back that we've needed.
Atkinson 6.5 - Did well and tried to link the play up. Faded before being taken off for tactical reasons.
Leonard 7 - Action man. Involved in a lot of play-breaking and is starting to work well with Will again.
Wordsworth 6.5 - Thought he was a bit off the pace, in truth. Didn't seem to have that penalty box desire or killer pass today, but really glad he is on all the dead ball stuff now.
McLaughlin 8 MOM - Given for his outstanding first half performance. His workrate was phenomenal and a well taken goal.
Cox 7 - In and out a bit. High quality pass for the goal. Would like to see him a bit more selfish when in a shooting position, but that will come.
Fortune 6 - Tough mark, as he really battled hard and was an able replacement for the Lone Ranger, but just lacks a bit of zip when the ball is near him. Seems to want one too many touches, too often.

SUBS :

McGlashan 6 - Made no impact, but to be fair, never really saw much of the ball.
Williams 6 - Looks like Smokin' Joe Frazier!
O'Neill 6.5 - Put in a shift, as they say, without much result

REFEREE :

Indifferent. I didn't think that was a penalty in the first half, in truth and he kept 22 players on the pitch, but was a little fussy for my liking.

OVERALL :

Another home game without defeat and another point on the board.

Lovely day, though. Got a suntan in the East Bank! :cool:

Shrewsbury came and parked the bus, on another day we would have won but we didn't create enough chances to bury them. They scored a great strike and the hit the post in the space of a minute- in the other 89 did nothing whatsoever.

Penalty was as clear and obvious as they come but was not given. Fortune should have score late on with a free header (btw he played well). Yes Ranger would have made a difference but we should have won without him. Other than that other than Fortune and MacLaughlin in the first half everyone was probably a 6- no one poor no one outstanding.

Ref 0- straight from the park, pointless, fussy, over efficious, oblivious to the advantage law, short sighted and bottled any decision of importance (luckily for him there were very few). However, same for both sides other than the most obvious penalty I have seen for a couple of seasons that he contrived not to notice despite looking straight at it from 5 feet away..that said we should have been good enough on the day for it not to matter.

First game since Rovers....blimey that goal by Shrews must be one of the top 10 I have seen at the Hall!

Definitely worth going then - shame it was for our opponents!

Phil only put Williams on because he got word you were there.

'RHB' pretty much had it spot on.

Encouraging signs are : Last 4 games = 2 x clean sheet wins and 2 x draws after being a goal behind.

Something we couldn't do in hardly any games prior to this recent run.

Overall, we worked hard and did OK, but they were extremely negative and very hard to break down. The only way they were going to get anything out of the game was exactly how they did. Score a superb goal and defend well.

The reverse pass from Cox for our goal was on a different level. Quality!

The ref handled the handbags in front of us very well. There was no reason to send anyone off.

That said, he was a dimwit for a period in the first half. No idea how to play advantage or allow a quick free-kick.

Overall, a frustrating result rather than a poor one :-

Oxley 7 - Handling is getting better and couldn't be faulted for the goal.
Demetriou 7 - Defended well, but not so effective going forward.
Coker 7 - Steady enough game. Didn't do much wrong.
Thompson 7.5 - Pushed for MOM. Very steady performance and working well with Anton.
Ferdinand 7.5 - Bit of class and calmness at the back that we've needed.
Atkinson 6.5 - Did well and tried to link the play up. Faded before being taken off for tactical reasons.
Leonard 7 - Action man. Involved in a lot of play-breaking and is starting to work well with Will again.
Wordsworth 6.5 - Thought he was a bit off the pace, in truth. Didn't seem to have that penalty box desire or killer pass today, but really glad he is on all the dead ball stuff now.
McLaughlin 8 MOM - Given for his outstanding first half performance. His workrate was phenomenal and a well taken goal.
Cox 7 - In and out a bit. High quality pass for the goal. Would like to see him a bit more selfish when in a shooting position, but that will come.
Fortune 6 - Tough mark, as he really battled hard and was an able replacement for the Lone Ranger, but just lacks a bit of zip when the ball is near him. Seems to want one too many touches, too often.

SUBS :

McGlashan 6 - Made no impact, but to be fair, never really saw much of the ball.
Williams 6 - Looks like Smokin' Joe Frazier!
O'Neill 6.5 - Put in a shift, as they say, without much result

REFEREE :

Indifferent. I didn't think that was a penalty in the first half, in truth and he kept 22 players on the pitch, but was a little fussy for my liking.

OVERALL :

Another home game without defeat and another point on the board.

Lovely day, though. Got a suntan in the East Bank! :cool:

To be fair to the ref, he clearly told our player ( Coker I think ) to wait as he went to talk to the guy who committed the foul.
We then took it and then moaned when he brought it back - pointless really

A game we should and could have won,but due to a great strike and the Shrewsbury team giving it their all to impress the new manager a point was probably fair.Cox's pass for our goal was class ,and nobody really played badly.Must admit I am impressed by Ferdinand and the way he reads the game,and given how we were feeling a few short weeks ago hopefully we have turned the corner.

A game we should and could have won,but due to a great strike and the Shrewsbury team giving it their all to impress the new manager a point was probably fair.Cox's pass for our goal was class ,and nobody really played badly.Must admit I am impressed by Ferdinand and the way he reads the game,and given how we were feeling a few short weeks ago hopefully we have turned the corner.

In the first half Ferdinand conceded two unnecessary free kicks on the edge of our box, which on another day would have cost us.

First game since Rovers....blimey that goal by Shrews must be one of the top 10 I have seen at the Hall!

I thought Shrews looked OK ,where we laboured huffed and puffed .

Williams had 60 seconds....good work Phil

We never deserved to win,end of ,fact

That explains the result then - please go back to staying away :winking:

I thought Shrews looked OK ,where we laboured huffed and puffed .

Williams had 60 seconds....good work Phil

We never deserved to win,end of ,fact

Thought that was about 30 seconds too much IMO ........

What has this lad done to warrant all this abuse ,the lads 20 ,give him a break

We played well 1st half with some good moves and passes into the channels, Cox's pass for our goal was brilliant as he feinted a shot but passed instead.

Thought we reverted back to the same old slow build up in the second half. which gave shrews a chance to get all behind the ball. Must admit I would have brought Innis on late on but up front as a target man to try something different.

Have to point out that we had only one shot on target (the goal) and that it was a stone wall penalty (was directly in front of me in the South stand).

MoM for me was Cox 1st half but overall it was Thompson who hardly put a foot wrong.

Wasn't at the game, commented earlier in the day, during the game....1-1, bring on Innis to replace Fortune maybe, and play him al la Moshni...defence have no idea what they're up against and could've sneaked us a winner :unsure:

Pretty much agree with the Andy T post. Difficult to pick a MOM, probably McL first half and Anton in the frustrating second.

The big news was of course no Ranger who by the way, says he will be out for 3 matches. Fortune looks strong and can hold the ball but for me he wanted to wrestle to much at times, why not just win the header and put their defence under pressure immediately. Like Andy T says he wanted to many touches, if you watch Cox he glances around and knows what he wants to do before the ball even arrives.

Fortune won us a couple of early free kicks but then went down a bit to Moonish and the ref waved play on both times just before the penalty shout, which is why we did not get the decision.

Yet again another opposition keeper gets away without being properly tested at RH. One long range on target first half he spills and Cox nearly sniffed a rebound. One low driven shot goes under him for our goal. Second half he makes a mess of a punch but we did not have any where near enough quality in the last 3rd.

If you run through our mid-field in the second half where was there a killer pass, shot, cross or even a dead ball from Woody, Lenny, McL, McG, Will, or O'Neil. A couple of crosses, both half's, did drift over the back post in good areas but no one had gambled. Cox's lovely disguised and weight of pass for our goal was the only really good through ball by either side all game.

Even towards the end Demi should have smashed that kick and McG dinked a difficult cross from inside the box when he had room to smash a shot in the far corner.

The good points are that we worked hard and only conceded from a top strike which we can't fault anyone for that. At the time we thought maybe Woody was bit slow to react but I will have to see it again. Could have been worse as I had a nice view of the shot that hit the post. He actually bent it with the outside of the boot and it looked in all the way.

Deegan was quiet and the booking looked harsh. Nice 50/50 with Coker but other than that nothing to worry about. Hope all you zoners that were predicting some season ending injury to one of our players are having a nice nights sleep.

Millwall here we come. Its about time we had a good cup run so lets get some decent numbers up there this Friday and make a good night of it. See you all in Borough market for an early start.

P.S We are playing Orient in the FA youth cup at RH this Wednesday so why not show the young lads some support if you can

First half entertaining, but for all our possession we created little. Both goals were excellent in their own right. Then, we have the 'what on earth did tango say to the players at half time' discussion. Second half was torture. Lacked effort, creativity and any will to win the game. We finally bring on Mcglashan so that we have two wingers, then take McLaughlin off for a defender playing out of position. Can not believe what a difference a week makes from a team full of attacking intent away at MK Dons, to this dire showing, second half in particular. The good thing is, we are on some sort of a role, but, shrewsbury were there for the taking yesterday, but tactically we weren't good enough to break them down, which was very disappointing

Great football in the first half we should've had a penalty and looked really good. Unlucky with their goal it was a great strike and not a lot we could've done about it.

Second half it was like we just didn't get going and didn't have the momentum we had from the first half. Few attempts but you could see we lacked the presence and affect that Ranger has, he was a huge loss today.

Fortune doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, terrible touch at times and awful passes. His decision making was poor and he just looked out of place. I fear for our goalscoring whilst we have Ranger and Mooney out injured because IMO Fortune doesn't bring a lot to the table.

Back