• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i'm not blaming it on luck - as you know the reason I believe we are where we are is the general underperformance of a number of players who we all had high expectations of at the beginning of the season. Luck it times like today when the guy who scores could possibly have had a red card just before and leading up to it your most experienced player makes a (first today) mistake you would be disappointed if my Under 11's made and then gets duly punished.

also in terms of Leeblue with the players out, the situation we find ourselves in, the enforced change in the first half etc I believe the tactics were right and would have bought us that win or as a minimum hard fought draw we need to start the process of turning the ship. No one went there expecting champagne football let's face it.

I get your point mate. I would have liked a scrappy 1 nil win....but look at where the bar is...accepting dross...clueless...zero attacking threat in the hope we nick a goal. That's what brown has reduced us to.

One thing that I can't grasp is that we had Bolger here at Roots Hall for a couple of years. We've seen that he's reliable in the air, but an accident waiting to happen when the ball is on the floor. Only in Brown's warped mind, can it a good idea to then play the hoofball tactic, to a small, lonesome striker. Excellent tactician.

I get your point mate. I would have liked a scrappy 1 nil win....but look at where the bar is...accepting dross...clueless...zero attacking threat in the hope we nick a goal. That's what brown has reduced us to.

1 shot on target in 50 minutes of football is appalling.

4 shots on target in 90 minutes. Criminal

"Timlin was awful, McG and McL barely got a foothold in the game and Cox was predictably isolated and kept quiet. We were shaky defensively, lost the midfield battle and had nothing up front"

Other than that...!

Some positives BUT lots of negatives!
a crowd of over 6k is good (45 cods) when form is so poor BUT why when things needed a lift did some, TBV, decide to self harm?
A pretty formation on the team sheet, 1 3 2 2 1 BUT on the pitch few knew what they were doing or their team mates were or where to go - over complicated by far however there didn't seem a lack of effort just disjointed toothless running about and then revert to rubbish balls forward.
Wabo showed some spark (his shot was a bright moment) but was almost alone - why was Cox removed instead of Flash?

On this showing we are in serious trouble with little idea of how to turn it around, the midfield has been weak area all season, just slightly more dysfunctional than CBs or forwards.:sad:

"With the injury to Turner and Ferdinand not being 100% fit (probably not 75% actually) we are in a complete hole at the back. New players are needed now. Harry Kyprianou is not the answer, his confidence is shot to pieces."

maybe so, but why replace a central defender with a left back? Would you replace a flat tyre on your car with a gearbox?

But Harry is a left midfielder turned left back turned centre half who had a few good games playing alongside AF earlier in the season.

We don't have enough centre back cover.

We are stuffed unless we get some in.

Some positives BUT lots of negatives!
a crowd of over 6k is good (45 cods) when form is so poor BUT why when things needed a lift did some, TBV, decide to self harm?
A pretty formation on the team sheet, 1 3 2 2 1 BUT on the pitch few knew what they were doing or their team mates were or where to go - over complicated by far however there didn't seem a lack of effort just disjointed toothless running about and then revert to rubbish balls forward.
Wabo showed some spark (his shot was a bright moment) but was almost alone - why was Cox removed instead of Flash?

On this showing we are in serious trouble with little idea of how to turn it around, the midfield has been weak area all season, just slightly more dysfunctional than CBs or forwards.:sad:

I agree... the atmosphere has been flat for some time now.

No cheering of the team names at kick off.

TBV silent or at least very quiet.

The place is like a morgue.

I agree... the atmosphere has been flat for some time now.

No cheering of the team names at kick off.

TBV silent or at least very quiet.

The place is like a morgue.

I sit in the west and I always stick up for the TBV guys as most of the time without them there would be nothing...but today just sums up the feeling for the majority of fans....hard to cheer dross and that man leading it.

Ox 6 - not much to do really

Demi 5 - not in the game
Coker 6 - did ok out of position
Turner 6 - was our only big player in a game of hoof ball.
Ferdinand - 3. Awful. Either not fit or just finished.
White 4 - central defensive nightmare takes two to tango

Kightly 7 - did well in the central role
Timlin 5 - good fight, awful passing nearly gifted goals

Macca 6 some good distribution
Cox 6 looked our best chance of making something happen, but we didn’t get the ball to him
Glash 4 - gash

Subs
Hendrie 5
Fortune 6
Wabo 6 - looked promising

Ref - fell for every tumble and we were as guilty as them.

Motm - Bolger. When you look at our defensive issues, PB should not be able to look in a mirror

Says it all really that the two goal scorers for Fleetwood today were both new signings made in the past week, Diagouraga from Plymouth and Madden from Scunthorpe. Who are we supposed to be signing Mr Brown? Not sure anybody decent would want to sign for us at the moment especially whilst that clown remains in charge!!

WE have forwards paid to score, Cox, Mclaughlin, fortune, McGlashan, dont score service or no service, its that simple, cant keep blaming the midfield or defence, go two up and we win, but we dont have players capable of scoring. Games are won on putting the ball in the other sides net its simple Mr Brown. please go and take Horton, and Shaw with you.

WE have forwards paid to score, Cox, Mclaughlin, fortune, McGlashan, dont score service or no service, its that simple, cant keep blaming the midfield or defence, go two up and we win, but we dont have players capable of scoring. Games are won on putting the ball in the other sides net its simple Mr Brown. please go and take Horton, and Shaw with you.

What twaddle! How many times do we come away from a game saying "How did (xyz) miss that? We should have had six!"

We don't. It's not a tricky concept, this - No chances = no goals.

And what good opportunities did any of those players have to score today? Can’t finish what’s not there.

Identifying targets in January is not good enough.....

Identify them in nov/dec - sign them in January like most other clubs do!

As the previous week's poll stated, 3/4 of fans have had enough. Regardless of how the goals came about, it's the fact of going two-nil down at home, AGAIN. It's a crap performance AGAIN. It's crap tactics AGAIN. It's just another kick in the face of the fans, which 3/4 of seem to be able to identify the main problem.

The team do not want to play for the manager. It's a moot point whether the fans give them vocal backing or not.

FAKE NEWS again I'm afraid. Neither of your opinions (and that is what they are) have any substance. As I said before 3/4 fans who read the post could be bothered to answer the poll said they had enough. That is not the same thing as you well know as 3/4 fans have had enough - period. It certainly didn't feel in the ground that 3/4 shared the view of the very small pockets/individuals shouting for him to be sacked.

Secondly I think you would be very hard pressed to argue the point that the players do not want to play for the manager on today's performance. Quite the reverse. It might seem like a simple, plausible explanation for some but I can tell you that it is absolutely NOT the case and frankly one thing you COULDN'T level at the players on today's performance is that. They looked like they were almost trying too hard at times and Cox and Ferdinand looked apologetic rather than angry when they were subbed.

Oh and it’s difficult to build any confidence on a pitch like that! You can’t play football at pace when you have to take a touch to control it first just so it doesn’t bobble away. Away teams know this and pressure pressure pressure us into giving the ball away.

It disappointing but we have been here many times, what we can't do is give up. Keep the faith, it can only get better. Through tears I say COYBB.

Back