• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 Rochdale

It's been a great season under the circumstances.

No regrets at all as far as playing staff are concerned.

Ron beat us, not the other teams in this division, we earnt a play off place, Ron took it away off the pitch.

Five Rs for me from now until next August;

Rest, Recuperate, Rebuild, Reinforce and Romp to the title next season!

UTB
Agreed. COYB

So happy that’s over .. don’t think I can be anymore uninspired by football than today … backwards sideways backwards sideways backwards sideways hoof

One of our poorer performances this year but you can’t really bemoan it. Can’t wait for next season

dominated the first half hour should’ve been 2 or 3 up, but then we went flat and started to look tired. Second half we weren’t in it at all.

Taylor, Ralph, Morton all quality but my MotM goes to GSM

Personally I think that’s the last we’ll see of Wes and Powell in a blue shirt

Over the season we won more games than Halifax (21 v 19); we also scored more goals than Halifax (70 v 58); we also conceded fewer goals than Halifax (45 v 50) actually fewer than anyone else in the league. However we finish below Halifax.

Was not meant to be today and irrespective of the result i think all the players and staff deserve recognition for what they have all been through and we also have to hold the supporters in recognition for standing by the team and club through all the turmoil.
Personally as much as i would loved to have the play offs i am just glad we still have a club to support and if that means another season in NL then so be it
Lets all regroup and look at next season and smashing it

dominated the first half hour should’ve been 2 or 3 up, but then we went flat and started to look tired. Second half we weren’t in it at all.

Taylor, Ralph, Morton all quality but my MotM goes to GSM

Personally I think that’s the last we’ll see of Wes and Powell in a blue shirt
I asked that in the match thread, but a while back @BoyWonder2, I believe, reckoned Mr F had been offered a new contract?
If so, I'm staggered.
I'm always left open mouthed by Zoners who think he has something to offer.
Nothing against the bloke personally, but, He. Isn't. Very. Good.

the seasons finished so I can get this off my chest. I really dislike watching Wes Fonguck play football
He’s had some good performances but is wildly inconsistent and doesn’t work hard enough off the ball for me. When he’s off song (today was definitely one of those performances), we might as well have 10 men. I’m surprised if it’s true he’s been offered a new contract tbh.

Overall, it wasn’t a great performance and we deserved a draw at best. We certainly lost the midfield battle, Coker & Morton weren’t great, Wes as mentioned was very poor, and Husin not much of an improvement either. Bridge was very subdued too sadly. Throw in a horrible Kensdale error (there’d been warning signs beforehand that it was coming too) and it was a game to forget.

Thankfully with the other results it didn’t really matter, and having gone 15 games unbeaten we were certainly due a poor performance. It was a great collective effort getting to the last game with a chance of the playoffs, and overall I’m proud of Maher and the team. I’m certainly optimistic for next season, but stating the obvious, we need this takeover done asap so we can recruit a couple of new signings to improve the squad.

the seasons finished so I can get this off my chest. I really dislike watching Wes Fonguck play football
No, you see, I would like to see Wes Fonguck play football rather than jog around looking startled if the ball comes anywhere near him.

I don't know about the rest of you lot, but I'm now totally drained emotionally on the Southend front. As with all big crowds at Roots Hall of late, when we scored it was go mad time, after that, loud noise on mute, and I don't think that helped the team. That said there was something missing, even after we scored, exhaustion and silly mistakes were commonplace. Nevertheless they kept on going but the Rochdale equaliser was a big time deflater for our Blue boys. It didn't help that the two clubs also vying for the last play off place were doing better than us. So, in the end, it wasn't to be. We clapped and cheered the squad on their lap of honour, said our goodbyes to our immediate mates sitting all around us, and then we made our way home listening to Kev being loud and proud about his group.

Special mention to @Tinks this afternoon, nice to meet you at last regardless of the dodgy company you were keeping :Winking: . I'm sorry conversation was brief, but no doubt we can chat more next season. Also good to briefly catch up with that Will-o-the-wisp @Spaceman Spiff for the first time this season.

Here's to next season and the hope that this time next season we will be celebrating as champions.

I don't know about the rest of you lot, but I'm now totally drained emotionally on the Southend front. As with all big crowds at Roots Hall of late, when we scored it was go mad time, after that, loud noise on mute, and I don't think that helped the team. That said there was something missing, even after we scored, exhaustion and silly mistakes were commonplace. Nevertheless they kept on going but the Rochdale equaliser was a big time deflater for our Blue boys. It didn't help that the two clubs also vying for the last play off place were doing better than us. So, in the end, it wasn't to be. We clapped and cheered the squad on their lap of honour, said our goodbyes to our immediate mates sitting all around us, and then we made our way home listening to Kev being loud and proud about his group.

Special mention to @Tinks this afternoon, nice to meet you at last regardless of the dodgy company you were keeping :Winking: . I'm sorry conversation was brief, but no doubt we can chat more next season. Also good to briefly catch up with that Will-o-the-wisp @Spaceman Spiff for the first time this season.

Here's to next season and the hope that this time next season we will be celebrating as champions.
Bit harsh on her poor husband Tony, 😇

And you but i was checking the old boy was taking his medication and i was a little concerned he was out without his carer 😂

Apropos nothing whatsoever to do with our match, it was wonderous to see that BT Sport decide that Boringwood and Ebbsfleet would be their live televised game for the viewing public. Also wonderous to see that poor old boring will now grace the NL South next season.

Back