• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Blackpool FC

Bond set us up completely wrong for the 2nd week running. Players looked bemused...again in another convoluted system. The only time we have looked even close to a cohesive team is when we have abandoned his plans and done it simple in a 4 4 2. The fact he completely neglected getting wingers in shows his intentions. Yes he got one in last week but in reality we needed 3 in the summer as Macca has lost the ability to play anymore.
Bond needs to simplify it. How are we not getting players like Cox and Humphreys in positions to at least shoot at goal???....anyone.

Oh dear - not the home start we wanted.
I think everything has been said on the previous threads so no need to repeat anything.
On a positive how good is Milligan?
Felt for Cox & Humphrey’s today

Said the forwards were “shocking”, called Oxley out for his mistake, said Ridgewell was brought in too early, defended his system fairly aggressively

Well that will keep his players on his side!

I feel for the players to be honest. I suspect they’re being expected to do things that are a little bit beyond them.

Said the forwards were “shocking”, called Oxley out for his mistake, said Ridgewell was brought in too early, defended his system fairly aggressively

If he thought the fowards were shocking i'd like to know what he made of the rest of them, bar Elvis, Milligan and Ralph.

What are they supposed to do with no service to feet or any crosses coming in to attack?

Well that will keep his players on his side!

I feel for the players to be honest. I suspect they’re being expected to do things that are a little bit beyond them.
What, you mean like catching the ball, rather than punching it?

What, you mean like catching the ball, rather than punching it?

In todays conditions it probably wasn't a bad idea to punch it away, it's just that he pretty much missed the ball when he tried thats the problem, on more than one occasion too

You know full well that’s not what I’m saying, so why bother responding with that in the first place?
No mate, but it's what I am saying. I agree with your statement. Doh.

Bond sounded completely clueless in his interview. Repeating the same things over and over again, blaming the fact that we were conceding goals before he came in on the fact that we’re conceding goals now, this is your team and your system, take responsibility for your own failure to organise a team that keeps goals out. Take responsibility for your decision to sign a 35 year old centre back and start him when he’s clearly nowhere near ready.

He singled out the two strikers as ‘shocking’, they are the least of our problems. Cox and Humphreys are two of our better players so to undeservedly single them out seems bizarre. He must have been watching a different game if he thinks the strikers are the problem rather than the non-existent midfield (apart from Milligan who can’t do it all by himself) and the mess of a defence.

I want to give him a chance and it might seem too early to say it but I can only see us going in one direction with him in charge and that’s down. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

That was really disappointing .I know condition was bad I know blackpool strong and physical .I like oxley but you got to take the player out and punch the ball .Mantom looks a good player but never gives enough for hes ability which really ****es me off he could try harder Hutchinson shouldnt be in the team at the moment gets muscled out of it .The manager should take the blame what system was that omg .Play a 4/4/2 I want my players to give everything nunca te rindas los blancos never give up

Blimey...that awful system he deployed couldn't defend. It conceded 3 goals in a short time. Fact

Genuine question; can Humphrys only play for a certain amount of time with that mask? Baffling to me that he’s getting subbed and Cox, who had no pre season, is getting 90
He got a whack in the first 10 minutes and looked to struggle after that , I thought he would be subbed at Ht, surprised to see him come out for the 2nd half TBH

Extremely worrying performances from a few individuals and our management today. I'll post some ratings and pointers later but I'm genuinely concerned with Bond after today

“If a player is injured from a challenge which is punished by a red or yellow card, he can have quick treatment on the field of play and does not have to leave. It always seemed unfair that the victim team was down to 10 men and the guilty team has 11 against 10.”

Why was this rule not enforced for the red card challenge on Elvis? The referee forced him off the pitch. Am I missing something or did the ref not know the rules?

Back