• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-4 AFC Wimbledon

Are paralytic drunk?

I mean that’s the most wide of the mark assessment of today’s game I could ever read.....with the most outrageous statement being Macca being graded over a 3!!!
Macca worked hard all game, chased back and defended too, on yes he has been absent in other games but not today.

Not sure I can be bothered, far too much that was disappointing and frustrating.

Players deserving of credit - Elvis, who was stand out MOTM for us; Macca and Dieng, who showed he can play in midfield when he's not having to do so alongside Mantom. I also thought Hutch did ok.

I'm not getting the love in for Hamilton, he reminds me so much of Mantom.

I'd love to know why Cox and Hopper were clearing defensively late on - Kiernan is not the defender I hoped he'd be, and didn't look that convincing in midfield either. I didn't think Shaughnessy was too bad.

Stayed to the end, getting out of the car park was still chaos with idiots trying to come in. However, have had a very nice take away Indian from Shampan and currently enjoying a nice glass of wine and some Minstrels.

I wonder how many home matches we have lost this season so far and last season .I saw southend play a whole season without losing 1 match at home

There were times where we looked like a proper football team. Notably from the minute they scored their second to half time. The crowd was into it, and yeah, we were 1-2 down but it felt different. We seemed to be in with a chance of turning it around. There was some hope. But the second 45 minutes was no different from every other game we've played this season and we lost to a very ordinary team 1-4. FOUR ****ING ONE!! AT HOME.

Everyone have said the things that need to be said. We can't defend. Week in, week out we stand back and watch someone run at us. We don't pick up runners. Essentially the bloke with the ball takes it as far as he wants and passes it to an unmarked colleague who only then has to beat the keeper. It's happened time and time and time again.

You can blame the midfield, but it was better today. Dieng, without Mantom, was a better player than last season. He held it together, first half. But hey, when you've just lost all momentum by giving away a dolly of a penalty, it knocks the collective stuffing out of an already fragile team.

Let's also be clear, I watch a lot of Scottish Premier League football, and it is not comparible to the English Premier League, but, anyone who can perform regularly at that level should be able to at the very least hold their own at this level. Easily. Those players who moved south shouldn't be struggling ability wise or with the tactics. But struggle they do.

This is a team in terminal decline, and I honestly don't know what the solution is other than simply start again next August in League Two.

Macca 9 - got stuck in prepared to mix it

Elvis - 9.5 - terrible how all these seasoned pros are relying on a kid of 20
to drive the team

Dieng - 6 - can do the job

Hamilton 6 - runs and competes and covers

Hutch - 6 - needs to learn how to fight and battle - talented but needs to learn its very hard game and you need to get some battle scars

Cox - 5 - trying to manage the team instead of playing

Shaggassey 1 - disaster

Lennon - 1 sorry its looks like your body can't take it

Kiernon - 2 - disaster but looks better

Ralph 2 - someone tell him to get goal side of attackers

Oxley - 6 - shop stopper
Oxley - 1 corners and crosses
Oxley - 1 - distribution
Oxley - 1 -sweeper - control of box

Goodship 1 - looks scared - should be in the reserves for 6 months - the least he should do is run himself stupid but he doesn't

Humphries - -1 - something wrong with him ??

Hopper 9 - looked like a rolls royce compared to every other player-

The penalty killed it as a game -

You cannot expect to win games in this league carrying players - and we are always carrying 2 or 3..

Wimbledon had some nasties and only Macca (and Cox a bit) were prepared to stand up to them ...

Turners legs might have gone but he how to defend a corner or free kick -
It seems like a question of organisation and leadership and direction and a large amount of experience is needed ....

I don't think the squad lacks talent

Lol, weren't you having a pop earlier in the week about slagging off individual players? Oxley wasn't great but a 1! Pot and kettle mate!

Edit- just noticed you renamed Shaunessy as Shaggassey, classy :Stunned:

Last edited:
Hello Wimbledon fan in peace here. Thought you looked a decent side when we gifted you the goal, especially down the wings with Bwonomo and McLaughlin but you need a defence and Cox looked Sunday league to me. You need a few leaders - the body language was terrible. You looked like decent players who simply don't try hard enough. We'll be lucky to finish 20th but we've got a decent loan striker who might just save us if we can keep him last Christmas. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Hello Wimbledon fan in peace here. Thought you looked a decent side when we gifted you the goal, especially down the wings with Bwonomo and McLaughlin but you need a defence and Cox looked Sunday league to me. You need a few leaders - the body language was terrible. You looked like decent players who simply don't try hard enough. We'll be lucky to finish 20th but we've got a decent loan striker who might just save us if we can keep him last Christmas. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Back