• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United 100 Years Old Today

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
Southend United were formed 100 years ago today in the Blue Boar Pub.

Happy 100th Birthday Southend United, let the celebrations begin (or not as the case may be!).

Not sure if the club officially recognise todays date, but as far as the records go the first meeting was held 100 years ago today.

At least someone else agrees with me
smile.gif

SUFC Database

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ May 19 2006,08:21)]What a great day ! Hopefully the club will do something, had hoped we would wake up to something on the OS, hope we get  a new shirt today, a new signing would be fantastic!
A new shirt and a new signing?

You dont want much do you?!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ May 19 2006,09:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ May 19 2006,08:21)]What a great day ! Hopefully the club will do something, had hoped we would wake up to something on the OS, hope we get  a new shirt today, a new signing would be fantastic!

Are you not the chap who claims to know it's DEFINITELY going to be a white shirt?

Personally had hoped to have a bit more from the club.

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday Southend united
Happy Birthday To You

Three cheers

Hip Hip Hooooooooraaaaaaay!

and one for luck

Hip Hip Hooooooooraaaaaaaay!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ May 19 2006,09:47)]
[b said:
[b said:

Are you not the chap who claims to know it's DEFINITELY going to be a white shirt?

WHO ARE YOU CALLING A CHAP?

I'm a female!  
mad.gif

and if you read on the OS its states that the Centenary Celebrations start officially on the 3rd of August

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ May 19 2006,09:53)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

I'm a female!  
mad.gif
I am sorry Maisie, you get some funny types on here and have made the wrong assumption, I thought you were probably pre-op.

However, you have changed the subject of the white shirt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ May 19 2006,10:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ May 19 2006,09:53)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

I'm a female!  
mad.gif
I am sorry Maisie, you get some funny types on here and have made the wrong assumption, I thought you were probably pre-op.

However, you have changed the subject of the white shirt.
making remarks about a 14 year old girl is not big and not clever
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 19 2006,10:13)]quite like the old badge  - they should use that for next season
yeah, looks a lot better than the badge we currently have.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 19 2006,10:13)]quite like the old badge  - they should use that for next season
Same here - didn't realise that it had changed so many times.

Would love to see a TOFFS style 1906 shirt with that badge on it - would be a welcome addition to the shirt collection...

The emblem in the centre of the centenary badge was used by the Southend Borough Council before 1/1/1915. I have seen old Southend United enamel badges using that emblem. (geek emoticon here)  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I liked that too. Although, from a distance it looks similar to Plymouth Argyle's crest.

Ron Martin should sue Plymouth A. then, for the copyright
laugh.gif

Back