• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-0 Oxford City

Everyone involved with SUFC (bar the rat, as officially he's still here) gets a 10/10. Nuff said.

Actually want to focus on our opposition. Thought Oxford looked a decent side for a presumably part-time team.

Quite organised and industrious, just lacking that bit of quality. But they do try to play their football properly and for that reason I hope they survive.

Their keeper played incredibly well and kept the scoreline down, deserves to play full time on that showing.

Also not shy to admit a few tears were shed at the end, seeing the joy of our fans and the players/staff.

I was at one point worried tonight could have been it, now we've got a whole future to plan for. Can't quite comprehend or take that in currently after all we've been through.

But as much as fans have engaged in the necessary but negative stuff (protests, contingency plans, etc.) I think it's time for us to stay engaged and get involved in the positive stuff that shall hopefully come.
UTFB :Happy:

Miley and Husin......just unbelievable, that bit of magic from Husin in front of the east stand near the end was worth the admission money by itself.
Cardwell leads the line so well, Taylor and Kensdale solid, Gus reads the game and just seems to be there when we get caught out.
I couldn’t find fault with anyone tonight but these were just my personal standouts.

I'm not sure how that was only 2-0, credit to Oxford for some good last ditch defending. Hope Cardwell was just a precaution, otherwise we need a replacement ASAP.

Was a great evening but was it my imagination that people are still holding back on the Full celebration as they still do to trust Ron! And until the deal is final and he is gone they are scared to!

Controlled the game well. Great atmosphere and nice to go to a game worrying about what is going on in the background. Sat in the east and the seats are the most uncomfortable things I have ever sat on!

What a day 🤗🤗 as the old saying goes you can only beat who's in front of you, Oxford were very poor but we are still fielding a team of players, some out of position, some carrying knocks, no back up and all have been to hell and back thanks to the 🤡

Going to bed very happy and very relaxed being a Blues supporter and it's been a very long time since I could say that.

What a team of back room staff and what a team of players 👏👏

UTB 💙

Once again a simple call to have this group of players labelled the greatest of all time. Could have downed tools, let heads drop time and time again...but no.
And just thunk we've given these muggy little mug clubs a ten point head start.....they ain't ready for whats coming.
If they can show character like that during the hardest times, just think how much they'll have in the tank for a campaign to return to the EFL under a new and hopefully far better owner.

6000 plus crowd, the only way is up.
There are, imo, no duffers or freeloaders in our current restricted, United, squad.
Coker had his best game for us, unlucky not to score, worked very well with the Duracell Gus, great early cross, bang on for Cards to get his 3rd headed goal at far post, on the trot.
Jack Wood continues to grow and great for him to break his dearth of goals.
Cav and Miley and Taylor and..........all the lads, great work, all 8*, with Cards my M of M for his attitude and endeavour.
Great work by TBV.
Best officials of season, best crowd, top weather for October, pitch good.
Noor booked but took it for team.
JB had ice pack straight on when subbed.
Hopefully Cards was subbed to rest him (slightly) and give Moons some minutes.
Top work by Kev and Amigos, there is a plan and it is showing results.

Just back. A comfortable win, yes the opposition wasn’t the best but we were fully in control and some of the passing moves were very slick. Defensively we looked solid. I thought Taylor was superb. My only criticism is there were quite a few occasions where we could’ve played an earlier ball into the box. But Cardwell led the line brilliantly, hopefully he’s ok for the next game as we’d miss him badly. JD again proved his worth as a squad player.

The players feed off the crowd you can see that and the West Stand again, gave great backing and was very loud throughout.

Was it Husin near the end with that absolutely divine bit of skill in front of the East Stand. I thought at that point, this is the most I’ve enjoyed watching a Southend team in years. We’ve got our club back!!

Team were magnificent tonight - battled for one another, kept possession, & some cheeky lovely football!

Crowd were wonderfully noisy (you West Standers were loud as hell throughout 10/10 👍😁)

Referee was very good I thought. Credit to you ma’am.😉

The management team are my Gods, absolute quality. How lucky we are.

I’ve been watching this club since 1981 & had a lump in the throat moment as the squad lapped the pitch at the end with tomorrows events in mind.

I just hope everything goes well for all of us in the next 24 hours.

Up the Blues my fellow Shrimpers 💙👍

Great performance all round. Thought Wood was hard working throughout as was Coker and they both put in a good mature performance.. They're all bloody heroes and thoroughly deserved the 2-0, at the very least. Great attendance with over 6000 Blues fans there. Happy days. COYB!! #JustinIn

Shout out to;
1) The ref - best we've had all season. Took no nonsense, played advantage well and kept the game flowing. Sensible yellow cards (missed what Kensdale did wrong?) and worked well with the linesmen.
2) The Oxford goalie for some great saves including a Jim Montgomery-esque double in the first half. Well played sah!

Just found out Oxford's keeper tonight was a certain Chris Haigh, he played for Concord Rangers between 2019 and 2021 before moving to Ebbsfleet. He's on loan at Oxford for the season.

Once upon a time I thought he was a keeper we should keep an eye on. Watched him a few times at Concord and thought he was quality. Definitely showed his quality tonight.

Everything on the up and nice to be back at Roots after the boycott.. That was a procession this evening once we settled into the game. Result never in doubt.

Sat in the West and the smell of fox **** was appalling.

Just found out Oxford's keeper tonight was a certain Chris Haigh, he played for Concord Rangers between 2019 and 2021 before moving to Ebbsfleet. He's on loan at Oxford for the season.

Once upon a time I thought he was a keeper we should keep an eye on. Watched him a few times at Concord and thought he was quality. Definitely showed his quality tonight.
Perhaps we should look at him again? Once the embargo is lifted.

Amazing surprise arranged by Rylee and my misses to get the squad to sign a ball pre-match for my 50th birthday. Great to catch up with Ralphy who presented it.
Quite a day!! 2-0 win, Aussie in the bag! UTB 💙

View attachment 29226
Happy b/thday to you ,like me you couldnt have wished for a better b.thday present than to learn the club has been sold,, Justin Rees thanks for such a perfect b/thday present .

Back