• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Darlington F.A Trophy

I thought it was going to be one if those days, we missed so many chances. Great to score the winner on injury time, it seems like ages since we did that.

Overall, an entertaining match, Darlington certainly went for it and had their moments. MOM Bridge, particularly for a 20 min spell early in the second half where he looked fantastic. Honorable mentions to Blondy (his best performance so far?), Cardwell and Husin, a great ball in from him for the late winner.

That’ll do.

Was expecting more from Darlo tbh, but we bossed every aspect of the game and never really looked in any danger.

Their goal was a clear and obvious offside & apart from that we really didn’t have to deal with much.

On another day we score 4-5 goals (feel like I’m saying that too often lately), but either way a win is a win.

One step closer to Wembley.

BLUE ARMY

Great to see Cardwell notch two, Blondie had a decent game too. Kept pressing right to end too. How their goal wasn’t offside is beyond me. East stand was a tight squeeze and a decent away following. Four forward back to fitness too is massive for us now.

I am happy to avoid penalty shoot out, Cardwell is MOM, if we get Hungerford at home, I fancies us going all the way and win it. I be a Maidstone fan tomorrow at Notts.

Blondy - 7 - some fantastic saves and brave moments today. Kicking still pretty poor but a much improved performance!

Demetriou - 7 - solid enough game
Kensdale - 7 - played well, some nice runs forwards. Couple of wayward long balls.
Lopata - 7 - similar comments to Kensdale, played well.
Ralph - 6 - thought he was a little weaker today. Would have liked to see a little more going forward from him.

Husin - 6 - plenty of energy, would have liked him to be a little more positive in possession.
Miley - 6 - done pretty well, similar to Husin - I’d like our midfield to create more chances in general.
Bridge - 9 - our main attacking threat as always. Looks like creating something everytime he has the ball. We need to get the ball to him quicker!
Taylor - 6 - done okay, got stuck in and played some good balls.

Powell - 4 - Mr. Invisible. Looked disinterested, didn’t have his usual energy and missed another decent chance. Not sure he’s what we need up there to be honest.
Cardwell - 8 - put himself about, had some great chances with two goals… can’t ask much more from a forward.

Subs - nothing massive to mention aside from being good to see Murphy and Hyde getting some minutes. Thought Murphy looked sharp.

Ref - 2 - some atrocious decisions for both teams. Blatant throw ins given the wrong way all afternoon and had zero control of the game.

Back