• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trying to work out who you are refering to

First half he was average, no mistakes apart from the slice out of play, but nothing shocking, just a standard League 2 full back. Second half he was awful. Couldn't pass, couldn't defend, couldn't do anything. There was a moment after they scored when he was letting the ball go out of play and their winger came, nicked the ball and Prosser had to come across and boot the ball out of play. Prossers facial expression of "what are you doing?" summed it up for me. He won't get a look in again once Barker and Hills are back. Gone in the summer

Belford, well, knew it wouldn't be 3 fantastic matches in a row, I'd love to know what happened with this supposed call for their 2nd goal. Clohessy was troubled in the first half by Sawyer continually getting out of position, he looked far more like his usual self once Hall came on. Gilbert made a couple of good crosses but that's not his prime role out there and in his rightful position, he made far too many errors. Another good display from Phillips and I have no problem with Prosser getting MOTM as, apart from the misplaced header for their 1st goal, I don't think he put a foot wrong. Loved the shout that scared the life out of one of the Stanley players! Don't think I've seen Martin have such a poor game, Sawyer did some good stuff but couldn't hit anything on target. Timlin was also less than his normal self, only Grant of the midfield, looked anything like up for it. Harris and Sampson, in the first half I was quite impressed with a developing understanding but then things seemed to go wrong.

We needed Hall to come on, I was only surprised he didn't do so at half time. Expected Flood on rather than Benyon to be honest, but thought he did ok. It was the introduction of Ferdinand I didn't get. It seemed unnecessary, and then he got booked within seconds. And then we conceded.

Like others, I'd criticise the tactics when we were 2-1 up, we have to be more ruthless finishing off weaker opposition. Hopefully we'll have Barker back next match, Prosser to left back for me. Can't really be dropped after today surely?

Oh, and as to the BBC Essex thing, I know now who it is. It is someone who is a complete tit and I really shouldn't be surprised.

We were by far the better side till they scored, against the run of play - Belfield had no chance, so he cant take any blame here. Heads dropped then hoofball reined till half time. Start of the second half wasnt much better, looked like we wouldnt score if we played all week! Good call on the substitutions bringing Hall and Benyan on - Samson didnt add anything, and although I thought Sawyer played well, he was sacrificed for the extra width - changing the game. No idea what happened at the end with their equaliser, and having seen a replay I'm none the wiser. Why we took the foot off the gas and sat back to defend I'll never know, when we were looking good going forward and had a man advantage (unless we were trying to prove the notion that we are worse with more players on the pitch...). We definately threw 2 points away today.

I cant argue with Prosser as official MOM, but I would have nominated Phillips - he was commanding and solid as always.

Also thought the officials were shocking - no idea what game they were watching, but they did nothing to stop Accrington's bully boy, rough-em-up tactics, and there were some seriously dodgy decisions!

On the upside, results went our way and we are still in the mix.

I think we played well today much better than some recent home displays. Just unlucky at the end or put it down to a lack of concentration we should not be conceding corners that late on.

Prosser and Phillips linked up well together and i dont think we missed Barker at all. Just a shame that Hills was out as again felt they troubled Gilbert.
Sawyer was solid and although people disagreedwith him coming off he has just come back from injury and 3 games in a week is going to take its toll.
Hopefully with grant suspended now we can see sawyer maybe be pushed into the middle with timlin and put hall on the right

We were by far the better side till they scored, against the run of play - Belfield had no chance, so he cant take any blame here. Heads dropped then hoofball reined till half time. Start of the second half wasnt much better, looked like we wouldnt score if we played all week! Good call on the substitutions bringing Hall and Benyan on - Samson didnt add anything, and although I thought Sawyer played well, he was sacrificed for the extra width - changing the game. No idea what happened at the end with their equaliser, and having seen a replay I'm none the wiser. Why we took the foot off the gas and sat back to defend I'll never know, when we were looking good going forward and had a man advantage (unless we were trying to prove the notion that we are worse with more players on the pitch...). We definately threw 2 points away today.

I cant argue with Prosser as official MOM, but I would have nominated Phillips - he was commanding and solid as always.

Also thought the officials were shocking - no idea what game they were watching, but they did nothing to stop Accrington's bully boy, rough-em-up tactics, and there were some seriously dodgy decisions!

On the upside, results went our way and we are still in the mix.

Worse Ive seen for a long while. Their #5 (a complete donkey of a player) was all over Benyon, but twice the free kicks went against Elliot. joke of an official.

Impotent up front. Oh for the days of big Bill Garner and little Billy Best. Spud on the left and TJ on the right.

Thought Sampson did well knocking down the long balls. He won a lot of flick ons, shame nothing came of them - would maybe have worked better with Benyon - a partnership definitely worth trying at Hereford. No question the difference Hall made to the team, has to start from now on. When Hall came on he attracts markers which left noticeably more space for Martin on the left who was able to get forward much more. If they both start we have the ability to pull teams apart.

Who is the mug who keeps texting in to BBC Essex after games using names of pretty well known posters on here with a "Sturrock and Martin out" message? Yorkshire Blue copped it today!

Thought I heard you mentioned on tuesday night after the Crawley game. Didn't sound like the sort of comment you would make. I assumed you had either been finally pushed over the top or just drunk. Shame, I was hoping you might have had one too many Babychams and got carried away on the Blackberry.

Belford, well, knew it wouldn't be 3 fantastic matches in a row, I'd love to know what happened with this supposed call for their 2nd goal. Clohessy was troubled in the first half by Sawyer continually getting out of position, he looked far more like his usual self once Hall came on. Gilbert made a couple of good crosses but that's not his prime role out there and in his rightful position, he made far too many errors. Another good display from Phillips and I have no problem with Prosser getting MOTM as, apart from the misplaced header for their 1st goal, I don't think he put a foot wrong. Loved the shout that scared the life out of one of the Stanley players! Don't think I've seen Martin have such a poor game, Sawyer did some good stuff but couldn't hit anything on target. Timlin was also less than his normal self, only Grant of the midfield, looked anything like up for it. Harris and Sampson, in the first half I was quite impressed with a developing understanding but then things seemed to go wrong.

We needed Hall to come on, I was only surprised he didn't do so at half time. Expected Flood on rather than Benyon to be honest, but thought he did ok. It was the introduction of Ferdinand I didn't get. It seemed unnecessary, and then he got booked within seconds. And then we conceded.

Like others, I'd criticise the tactics when we were 2-1 up, we have to be more ruthless finishing off weaker opposition. Hopefully we'll have Barker back next match, Prosser to left back for me. Can't really be dropped after today surely?

Oh, and as to the BBC Essex thing, I know now who it is. It is someone who is a complete tit and I really shouldn't be surprised.

Agree with much of this, poorer than usual displays from Clohessy and Timlin, Sawyer and Martin both had good starts but then Martin went on to have an absloute mare. As for Sawyer, he kept getting caught in possession and I would have subbed him at half time.

Personally I couldn't see the benefit of putting Benyon on instead of Flood when we had two wingers but it changed the game and Benyon played the best football whilst he's been here.

After Grants booking he was so incensed I'd have taken him off and put Ferdinand on, but the decision to take Harris (who also played extremely well IMHO) off was defensive and baffling. However, you would think at 2-1 up against 10 men we would be able to hold that out. I guess it's swings and roundabouts... if we had gone forward to kill the game off and got caught on the break then people would have been saying we should have shut the game out. Some you win, some you don't.

I'm afraid Sampson, whilst promising, offers us nothing at the moment and he looked extremely unhappy out there in the second half.

Looking at our strike force for the rest of the season, Sturrock and Harris/Benyon may be the best option we have. I know Blair won't get many goals but he will bring others into the game and we tend to play better football wityh him in the team.

Prosser was a surprising MOM for me as he did have a few shaky moments but the lad has heart and commitment and there weren't many other contenders... Phillips as you say would have got my vote.

As for Gilbert he wasn't as bad as everyone makes out but there were 3 or 4 moments of "wtf was that?" calibre and I'm sure he will only play again if Hills and Prosser are injured.

Well, Belford doesn't walk on water an more..............probably somewhat relieved for that, he is human! From what I heard he called for a cross earlier in the second-half and missed it, with consequent panic in the defence. Don't know whether he made any errors in the first half, I was listening from afar and couldn't hear details. Certainly a mystery about their equaliser, concernin, as you said, the call and the subsequent kicking of the ball against the inside of his own post and then into the net.
Prosser certainly deserves his place next week but how do we reintroduce Hills.......essential, if he is fit and welcome back Barker at the same time?

Well, Belford doesn't walk on water an more..............probably somewhat relieved for that, he is human! From what I heard he called for a cross earlier in the second-half and missed it, with consequent panic in the defence. Don't know whether he made any errors in the first half, I was listening from afar and couldn't hear details. Certainly a mystery about their equaliser, concernin, as you said, the call and the subsequent kicking of the ball against the inside of his own post and then into the net.
Prosser certainly deserves his place next week but how do we reintroduce Hills.......essential, if he is fit and welcome back Barker at the same time?

Simple. You don't reintroduce Barker. Hills, Prosser, Phillips and Clohessy should be the new look defence.
Barker on the whole has been poor lately. Was fairly slow anyway, but seems to be getting even slower as the season takes it's toll. Opposition teams seem to suss this out and play the little ball over the top or just past him for a race to the goal.

Much of the game was huff and puff with little idea. I have yet to see what Sampson brings to the team as we already have a plethora of non-scoring forwards. Benyon, I am sure, would benefit from a run in the side and in return benefit the team. It looks to me like a team that is not on the same wavelength but as Mohsni was not involved I have no idea who they are going to blame now. Anyone but themselves I guess. They barely look professional, are rarely proficient and lack productivity in the forward third. Some people will question tactics, others cite confidence as a factor but the bottom line is we have a number of players who are drawing wages but not giving all to the shift. Lots of people can run around and look committed but when that is to the detriment of basic football skills then there really is no point. PS needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and consider the experiment he has stood by has failed. Now is the time for change and I believe I am not alone in thinking that if the tactics changed now in an attempt to find a system that works I would forgive failure in promotion but if we change nothing and fail I will not be too impressed at all.

Well, Belford doesn't walk on water an more..............probably somewhat relieved for that, he is human! From what I heard he called for a cross earlier in the second-half and missed it, with consequent panic in the defence.

Yep and their donkey no. 5 missed a free header in front of goal from about 3 yards out.

I wonder how many people would be calling it a bad performance if we hadn't let in that last minute goal?

Still cant believe Martin Ducked when that ball come towards him at the end.

Back