• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-3 Aldershot Town

Sing a new song. RM does not make those players perform so badly. It's the players. Maybe five are ok but the rest are way, way off the pace and will not cut it anymore. Recruitment issues yet again. Try pointing a finger at TL, RD and PB. They are the culprits!
Yes, but because of Martin and the fact our name is dirt in the game any manager will only be able to sign the crap no-one else wants

Hi everybody, Mark Brown here, Max’s dad. I’ve been supporting the Blues since 1968. Although now an exile, I still travel to 90% of away games, and I can honestly say, this is the worst position I’ve ever seen the club in. There’s only one person to blame for this, and that’s Ron Martin. I don’t blame Phil Brown and I don’t blame the players. We are a poor team and a poor squad, and this is purely down to lack of investment, and even players we could get on a free won’t come to the club, knowing the contempt they would be treated with by Ron Martin. Somehow we have got to hold this man to account. All the money we put into this club every week, home and away, for what? Something needs to happen, and soon. Ron Martin relies on all of us as supporters to keep paying at the turnstiles, to keep the club afloat. As much as we love to support our team, we’ve got to bite the bullet, and vote with our feet, then when attendances drop to nothing, he might realise we pay our money to support the team, not to pay his wages.

Last edited:
Is it still too early or not given PB enough time yet?

I have publicly called out the pathetic walk in the park at Col Ewe that he was in charge of and finished any belief for me that he would turn our shambolic club round.

I also said the protests would fade away over the summer and they did. After 54 years supporting the only club that matters to me the only way I will be back at Roots Hall in the near future is a protest to try and rid our wonderful club of the rot that runs from top to bottom that shows no signs of ending.

A freak goal gave us the lead and after that moment we were 2nd best for the rest of the game. I'm guessing three were instructions to try and bully this young aldershot team as we were physical and quite dirty at times, they were up for the fight though. I think you need to give them some credit, they were celebrating like they'd won the league after the game and I give them full credit for creating chances and not giving up. I'm not going to dingle out players, there are a couple who haven't impressed me but seeing as this is only the 2nd game I've watched this season I'll hold back for now. Bad situation and I wonder who Phil will blame and alienate this time, as its never his fault.

Hi everybody, Mark Brown here, Max’s son. I’ve been supporting the Blues since 1968. Although now an exile, I still travel to 90% of away games, and I can honestly say, this is the worst position I’ve ever seen the club in. There’s only one person to blame for this, and that’s Ron Martin. I don’t blame Phil Brown and I don’t blame the players. We are a poor team and a poor squad, and this is purely down to lack of investment, and even players we could get on a free won’t come to the club, knowing the contempt they would be treated with by Ron Martin. Somehow we have got to hold this man to account. All the money we put into this club every week, home and away, for what? Something needs to happen, and soon.
Such as have you got the odd 20 million or what ever it would take to buy Ron out.

Well!!!! That was awful wasn’t it?
We are well and truly in the doldrums and I cannot see how we are gonna get out of it.
There was no creativity, no flair or passion being shown. The football is basic and dull and several times tonight I couldn’t even see what formation we were playing
Whose fault is it? I think it is everyone’s fault and some drastic measures need to taken

As supporters we deserve so much better than this

Back