• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Team performance of the season? Every player had a good game. Hall was different class AND HE KISSED THE BADGE!!!!!!!! Keep the "corr" of the team and we will have a very good 2011/2012

Best performance of the season.

Echo LennySUFC comments.

Hall 9.5
Easton 7
Everyone else 8 except Subs who all get 6.5

Playing like that there's not a lot wrong on the pitch. I'm looking forward to next season.

By the way, Halls 2nd goal was exquisite and was reminiscent of Freddy. Special mention to Corr for the Beckham inside own half attempt as well.

All in all a great night.

Last edited:
My first ever game in an Executive Box tonight. Was delighted to behave abominably in front of my new employers as the goals rained in.

Morris 7.5
Clohessy 7
Barker 7
Coughlan 7
Prosser 6
Grant 8
Easton 5.5
Ferdinand 6.5
Corr 7
Crawford 6
Hall 9.5

Subs
All 6

Morris 7
Clohessy 7
Barker 7.5
Coughlan 7
Prosser 7
Grant 7.5
Easton 7
Ferdinand 8 (although 6 for first half, great improvement 2nd half)
Corr 7.5
Crawford 6
Hall 9

Subs
Nesbit 6
Asante 6
Sturrock 6

A game that started poorly but just got better and better. Bradford wouldn't have scored if they'd played all night. How they could be pre season favourites looks unbelievable now. We really looked like a team - Sturrock has done a really good job - but next Friday will be a much bigger test for us.

Morris: 9 Really good distribution and looked very secure. Don't really know how Evans got in ahead of him earlier in the season.
Prosser: 7 Played well. It was useful having a tall player at the back with the size of the Bradford side.
Coughlan; 8 Very strong at the back. Should have scored.
Barker: 8. Consistent player who made some very good breaks.
Clohessy: 7. Got more involved as the game went on. Put some good balls into the box.
Hall: 10. He da man. One of the few times that I've agreed with the man of the match award. One turn from a throw in was just exquisite.
Grant: 8. Dominated the midfield.
Easton: 8. Had a key role in the move that led to the penalty. Good to see him back.
Ferdinand: 8. Peripheral in the first half but got better and better. What a header!
CrawFord: 8. Looks a real prospect. Needs a bit more understanding with Corr - I don't really understand why Sturrock subbed him.
Corr: 8 Won EVERYTHING in the air. Looked really threatening throughout.
Subs; All three weakened us but none let us down.

Best Team performance of the season? Every player had a good game. Hall was different class AND HE KISSED THE BADGE!!!!!!!! Keep the "corr" of the team and we will have a very good 2011/2012
oh my, i dont think i have ever seen that at southend. im only a youngling though

1st time I have seen nesbitt play. Impressed with him, couple of poor first touches bit got more into it as time went on with 3 or 4(?) good runs forward, and likes to get into the box!

Also unlucky to barker with the slice of the season haha :)

Best back 4 performance as an entire unit I have seen this season. Have never felt so confident in their ability to boss the opposition. Barker player of the season by miles despite Corr's goals. Grant spent 20 mins finding his feet sitting in front of the back four but once he settled was dominant and back to early season performances. As a team we spent 20 mins playing hoofball. Once we started playing the ball on the deck there was only one team in it. Apart from Prosser probably as close to the ideal starting XI as possible. If Prosser puts 90 mins in like that he can keep his position. I saw once comment that Corr won everything in the air. Not my recollection of events but everything below head height and he was different class

Best back 4 performance as an entire unit I have seen this season. Have never felt so confident in their ability to boss the opposition. Barker player of the season by miles despite Corr's goals. Grant spent 20 mins finding his feet sitting in front of the back four but once he settled was dominant and back to early season performances. As a team we spent 20 mins playing hoofball. Once we started playing the ball on the deck there was only one team in it. Apart from Prosser probably as close to the ideal starting XI as possible. If Prosser puts 90 mins in like that he can keep his position. I saw once comment that Corr won everything in the air. Not my recollection of events but everything below head height and he was different class

Reading that and understanding, a bit better, how Paul Sturrock's mind works........................can we assume that Bilel Mohsni may not automatically walk back into the side next week?

Well there was one moment of pure class from Coughlan that is hard to describe. Had it been Bilel challenging for the same ball we'd have given away a penalty. I'd love to keep a mixture of a better team plus continuing to give minutes on pitch to the youngsters. Only one way to tell whether they are good enough and that is not reserve team football. PS is clearly a tactician. He doesn't always get it right but he is a thinker and tinker. Only one thing I failed to understand last night. The introduction of Blair made no sense. If Crawford was feeling something we had another option. I'd have preferred to see Kane taken aff after the third goal as he was on a (harsh) yellow.

Back