• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United All-Time Daft

(Thanks @Mick) :Smile2:

A top ten of the most absurd, bonkers, whacky, witless, ridiculous, off-the-wall and idiotic things to have happened on the Roots Hall pitch in your supporting life-time.

1) Lens Gate: Southend United versus Ipswich Town: Southend emerge for the second half with just 11 players. While Andy Rammell was ham-fistedly grappling with his contact lenses in the changing room, wonderfully-coiffured eligible batchelor Phil Gridelet refused to leave due to his superstitious custom of always being the last onto the pitch.
2)
3)
4)
5)
6) Andy Harris
7)
8)
9)
10)

(PS: In other news, I know you're going to do it even before you've thought it yourself)

Last edited:
Leo Roget smashing the opposition's radio up

The Chelsea game getting called off and then 10 mins later it is back on.

Unfortunately a referee dying On the pitch was very sad and also very very odd.

Ball boy leaping to gather a shot going wide and being swept into the South bank then stretchered out.

Wimbledon at home I believe

Sammy appearing on Danny Bakers Own goals and Gaffes video by throwing the ball into his own net vs Oxford

Anything Mel Capleton did

Going to ridiculous lengths last season to get the game on against Walsall (tractors and all) then getting pumped 3-0!

Simon Royce in goal for Gillingham trying to release the ball early, only to throw it into the back of another player resulting in a goal.
Chants of "Roycie is a shrimper" classic.

Just thought, that one was when Roycie was at QPR and he booted it up Bradbury's ar5e when we stuffed them in the League cup
Could have been QPR but sure it was a league game as I was there and I wasn't when we put 5 past them. Someone will remember.

I cant remember the name of our full back, it will come to me but he was concused.
Hold on think it was Paul Roberts.!!
Charging at a opposing winger in front of a in those days a standing West Bank, with a bandage round his head, coming lose behind him, as he was running to tackle the winger.
The winger was totally shi**** himself.
Roberts then launched himself at the winger. the white bandage now nearly totally flowing behind him. The winger just jumped out the way.
Roberts then got up and looked totally out of it!!

Barnet away. Carruthers kissed one of their players after he got sent off and then seem to remember he got sent off. Utter carnage

Oxford home - ref cant tell what colour players were

Aldershot away boxing day - deliberate abandonment which while leading against ten men cost us promotion

Barnet away. Carruthers kissed one of their players after he got sent off and then seem to remember he got sent off. Utter carnage
The kiss followed a world class own goal from an opposition defender. Proper cracker as I remember it. Lots of handbags and then a straight red for Carruthers.

Back