• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United confirm Dave Penney as new assistant manager

Another 2 facts are, he wont be around for long, and while he may have been clever in many peoples eyes for his antics of advanced pay, what he has actually done is deprive SUFC of much needed funds in the close season where cash flow is at its worst for clubs like ours.

Another 2 facts are, he wont be around for long, and while he may have been clever in many peoples eyes for his antics of advanced pay, what he has actually done is deprive SUFC of much needed funds in the close season where cash flow is at its worst for clubs like ours.

Not sure about the first one but agree with you on the second. As I said on another thread with money being spent at the training ground and on the Roots Hall pitch it is hard to see where the money is coming from for new players outside of an embargo.
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

The first one isn't a fact. Second one is Ron's fault as he was so desperate to get the manager he wanted before Sturrock came that he paid him 6 months up front.

Also I think someone mentioned before that the club didn't pay for any of the training ground improvements.

Also I think someone mentioned before that the club didn't pay for any of the training ground improvements.

Yeah I think your right on that chapperz. I'll give another theory, Did Ron bring in Brown in the hope he'd receive decent compo if a higher level club took him?

Not really from me other than the facts. Difficult tempting players cos of Embargo. Difficult persuading those to sign new deals thru risk of not getting paid. But then I'm not really in the Brown out camp. Don't really buy into the idea he'll be off soon unless of course the situation worsens which I think it is fair to bear in mind.

Very strange given that we have no money and we have a ready made assistant in Coughlan. I do hope PB has a night grasp on the purse strings.

Nice to see OS is keeping us up to date with the news!!!! At least we're getting a nice preview of all the teams we play next season,just be nice to know a little of what's going on with our own team!:angry:

I'm surprised that there is anyone staff-wise still left at the club. I'm amazed that no player have used the breach in their contract to walk out.

Omarion said:
I am contenting on the decisiveness by which this decision, on groundings of Phil Brown structuring his own staff.

Time will be telling us of the rightness whether Brown or Coughlan are still in place at midpoint of next seasonings.

Seems an oddness for Coughlan and Penny to coincide in their factual usement on the daily while each the other is at labour.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

So a new guy arrives as Assistant Manager and suddenly everone claims to know, as a fact, that Phil Brown is leaving, why, when, and what will happen as a result.

Same as everyone seems to know which of the players have or have not been paid, how much they earn, and whether or not they're leaving or staying.

I'm obviously way out of the loop as i didn't know any of this as a fact.

Back