• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United continue talks with Arsenal as young gun James Olayinka faces uncertain future

Can't understand Arsenal wanting him to go to a League 1 club now, even if one offered. It's mid-way through the season. He's doing well here; he's near-enough guaranteed regular first team football (who's to say he would be guaranteed that at League 1 level?); he's in a team which is improving and being coached by a young, progressive coaching team which is likely genuinely improving him as a player; and being in a relegation battle, or being part of a team which pulls clear of one, is character-building and will help him to mature as a footballer and a person. He would be much better off sticking here, improving and becoming more consistent, and trying his hand at a higher level next season. There's no rush, he is absolutely light years away from Arsenal's first team and still will be in May. Playing the second half of the season a division higher won't change that.

Agree with all you say but what if Arsenal are thinking of releasing him in the summer, or even the player thinks a move may be better for him.....If you were say Barry Fry (sorry for the insult) would you not be on the phone to his agent offering a slot for the rest of the season....Knowing you may pick up a great deal from Arsenal in June.

I really want him to stay and if he does it will be a great compliment to MM and the complete upsurge in professionalism of the rest of the squad

Reactions: GBJ
I've a strong feeling you may see him start tomorrow which might be a political move by MM.
I'm hearing he's the only one who's stay is still being discussed. Seems the others all look like staying which sounds good.
Hoping MM doesn't tinker too much after last week's success by using ANG rather than macca in the middle or something but he does like to try stuff and it's probably a bit early for Taylor to start yet.

I agree with lots of the comments on here. He is a good player and has the ability to change a game with a flash of genius. That said, he needs to hold onto the ball a little bit better, perhaps learn how to position his body to win a foul if he’s in danger of losing it. He has best opportunity to develop this by playing matches against physical teams.

This. He's capable of things that no-one else in our squad really is but he can be a bit of a liability with how often he loses it. L2 is the place to develop that consistency and to smooth out those rough edges. He might even need to start 21/22 season in L2 and only move up to L1 in 12 month's time depending on progress/injury.

I’m “less worried” definitely not “unconcerned”. Less worried now we’ve got Taylor secured, Dieng on form and Walsh, ANG, Reeco, Hart and Akinola in. You’re right he’s class and ideally we’d hang on to him. I get the argument that staying, provided we keep improving, is good for his character. But if someone like Portsmouth or Peterborough came calling..a promotion challenge would also appeal maybe.

He'd only get occasional sub appearances at Posh or Pompey. They'd only be a factor if Arsenal are looking to sell him or if they think he's not capable of playing regularly at the moment because of his injury.

Back