• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United duo have suspensions confirmed after red cards at York

The lino mistakenly communicated to the ref it was GSM using abusive language. Interestingly I heard from one player close to it, and the !Ino initially waved our players away including using an f off. When our players responded with a bit worse he decided to report GSM.
I can only assume these officials have a tie up with a spread betting firm in chine and made some good profit at our expense

If the appeal ends up landing the suspension to Kensdale as unfair as it is, I wouldn't appeal. With the way the squad is at the moment GSM is more replaceable than Kensdale
I believe that in that situation the player that should have got a card doesn't receive any retrospective punishment

I assume its because he is taking longer to recover or had a setback as Kev indicated a few weeks ago he should be fit by now, or he lied about his injury on twitter and indeed does want out. If that is true then why is he still contracted and not released by mutual consent

To change the status of any registered player we need NL permission - maybe they've refused?

I believe that in that situation the player that should have got a card doesn't receive any retrospective punishment
That’s not correct. In line with The FA’s Disciplinary Regulations for Fast Track claims relating to mistaken identity, paragraph 10.4 states: “In the event the claim is successful, the standard punishment shall be transferred from the record of the Player reported by the Referee to the identified offender.”

If Kev and the club believe there is a good case to appeal then they should however if we do and loose the league could impose longer bans

probably a stupid question but what is the latest time it could be called off?

I don't particularly want to be driving down to RH along with 5K others only for it to be called off 30 mins before KO

That’s one hell of a big car you must have!
He owns a fleet of these.

World's Longest Car Restored, Now Has A Swimming Pool And Helipad

Easily mixed up- one is a foot taller than the other, and one is blonde the other has dark brown hair?

It is impossible to find officials as incompetent as this, unless you specifically set out with the objective of doing so. Even then it's rare to achieve the goal so spectacularly well.

That’s not correct. In line with The FA’s Disciplinary Regulations for Fast Track claims relating to mistaken identity, paragraph 10.4 states: “In the event the claim is successful, the standard punishment shall be transferred from the record of the Player reported by the Referee to the identified offender.”
that sounds sensible , but, If they got the wrong player at the time, how will the lino now be able to confirm the correct one for the refs report.

that sounds sensible , but, If they got the wrong player at the time, how will the lino now be able to confirm the correct one for the refs report.
Unfortunately to successfully claim mistaken identity you have to appeal stating who the correct guilty party is. We can't do that if it means suspension for Kensdale, as we potentially have no CBs - RWB is more (relatively) replaceable short term...

IIRC (from the documentary) this happened to Wrexham. A player mistakenly got a straight red for something Paul Mullin did, despite having evidence the ref sent off the wrong man the team decided not to appeal because it would have resulted in Mullin being banned instead.

IIRC (from the documentary) this happened to Wrexham. A player mistakenly got a straight red for something Paul Mullin did, despite having evidence the ref sent off the wrong man the team decided not to appeal because it would have resulted in Mullin being banned instead.
Wrexham probably aren’t a helpful example as I think they were governed by the FAW rather than FA.

@Mick will invariably know more than me though

Wrexham probably aren’t a helpful example as I think they were governed by the FAW rather than FA.

@Mick will invariably know more than me though

A decade or so ago the FA took over jurisdiction of Cardiff and Swansea to ensure consistency and fairness in disciplinary matters (which had previously been noticeably lacking!). This applies to all Welsh Football League teams including, now, Wrexham.

If your example happened last year, they were then FAW. However the example is still valid as the principle is the same. Any successful mistaken identity appeal involves the sanction passing to someone else.

Back