• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United duo have suspensions confirmed after red cards at York

This latest Echo article says: "If the red cards are not overturned, Taylor will be handed a two match ban and Scott-Morriss will be given a two-match suspension." I'm sure Taylor's is a one match ban.

Extra ban for losing the appeal I think
No there isn't. This belief has lived amongst the SUFC fanbase for 18 years because we are one of the few clubs to ever get done for this when Eastwood has his ban extended in 2005 (unjustly, too). They believed we did it to delay his suspension, if memory serves me correctly, as we played Southampton in the cup on TV on the Monday after he was sent off.

It has seldom happened to anyone else.

Last edited:
It does seem a bit ridiculous that the ref and assistant between them can’t correctly identify who they think is guilty but in order to appeal we have to tell them who was

The court case tomorrow is down to unpaid npower bills apparently so tomorrow no keeper or probably floodlights! 🤣 ... another fine day at Southend!
Three cases listed being heard at 14.00 tomorrow

Somewhat surprised if they ,NPower , have issued a complaint re debt enforcement ( a debt I think that we were told RM had agreed to personally pay ) but it’s not impossible but could it be the reason of the hearing is two or three fold and one is to get a warrant to gain access to enable disconnection ?

Three cases listed being heard at 14.00 tomorrow

Somewhat surprised if they ,NPower , have issued a complaint re debt enforcement ( a debt I think that we were told RM had agreed to personally pay ) but it’s not impossible but could it be the reason of the hearing is two or three fold and one is to get a warrant to gain access to enable disconnection
It's ridiculous.... There's only so many utility access points one van can be moved to cover!
Gonna have to find another van!

No there isn't. This belief has lived amongst the SUFC fanbase for 18 years because we are one of the few clubs to ever get done for this when Eastwood has his ban extended in 2005 (unjustly, too). They believed we did it to delay his suspension, if memory serves me correctly, as we played Southampton in the cup on TV on the Monday after he was sent off.

It has seldom happened to anyone else.
Totally agree, I've never seen an appeal result in an additional suspension, either before or after this. Still no idea why we were punished this way. Seen so many examples of players being pushed which resulted in no booking, let alone a sending off, therefore an appeal wasn't frivolous. It's not as if Eastwood punched the guy!!

Could someone explain why Taylor is only got a one match ban after getting a straight red whereas Gus gets a second yellow and gets 3game ban

Reactions: TJC
Back