• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United forced to cancel pre-season clash at Billericay

But why? Don't we have 13 contracted players? And I'm sure u need 11 in a game of football!! I'm struggling to see why we aren't playing? Just send some of the youth or uncontracted players,even tho they are not getting paid its great exercise and preparation for where ever they might be playing for the upcoming season.Its madness.Any team we send should be capable of beating billericay

But why? Don't we have 13 contracted players? And I'm sure u need 11 in a game of football!! I'm struggling to see why we aren't playing? Just send some of the youth or uncontracted players,even tho they are not getting paid its great exercise and preparation for where ever they might be playing for the upcoming season.Its madness.Any team we send should be capable of beating billericay
We don't have youth players and uncontracted players will not have insurance or want to play

But why? Don't we have 13 contracted players? And I'm sure u need 11 in a game of football!! I'm struggling to see why we aren't playing? Just send some of the youth or uncontracted players,even tho they are not getting paid its great exercise and preparation for where ever they might be playing for the upcoming season.Its madness.Any team we send should be capable of beating Billericay
And what happens if they break their leg?

I agree, as long as we have 11 with legs they should play. Pre season fitness doesn’t matter, they can play the full 90 then if they get injured, just get on with it. If they get a minor knock then they should pay for their own physio, and if they do something major just retire. If they're kids and they get knocked about by seasoned men from Billericay, that's OK - it's character building.

As long as any 11, they can breathe and are available then game should be on.

If we have less than 11 come start of the season, we'll go with maybe 7 or 8 against Oldham.

What is the issue?

Seriously, F##k me!!!

I agree, as long as we have 11 with legs they should play. Pre season fitness doesn’t matter, they can play the full 90 then if they get injured, just get on with it. If they get a minor knock then they should pay for their own physio, and if they do something major just retire. If they're kids and they get knocked about by seasoned men from Billericay, that's OK - it's character building.

As long as any 11, they can breathe and are available then game should be on.

If we have less than 11 come start of the season, we'll go with maybe 7 or 8 against Oldham.

What is the issue?

Seriously, F##k me!!!

Well said Sir! And if there’s no ball, slaughter a pig and inflate its bladder.

Jumpers for goalposts?? Oh hold on we can't afford the 4 jumpers. 😤😤

Last edited:
For contracted players is that players that are under contract for next season without us activating any extension.

Just wondering if those players that we had options for would be included within the contracted players or are they in another group called players out of contract but ones shich the club have an option for a further year?

What worrys me is will Kev and Co still be here next week .
This is how I see it.

We've been under an embargo since what, October?

Kev has lost Kacper during the season and had his hands tied for the remainder. Pre-season has come, he's lost even more players, including Hobson, and been unable to field a team in two lowly friendlies. Yet:

Kev - remains with us
Daz - remains with us
Benno - remains with us
Stilly - remains with us
Stan- remains with us
Tom - remains with us

That core group that kick started us again after Brown, are still here, and that shows they are committed to our future.

However, Ron will decide that future with his actions in the next 3 weeks.

IF we are still in the NL league during these 3 weeks, Kev will be here. IF we start with enough players, and we get a takeover in that time, then this group will build a squad again, and I predict mid table at least next season.

IF at any time in the next 3 weeks the NL remove us, it is unthinkable that certainly Kev, Daz, Benno, Stilly or Stan will remain.

Tom may- depending on the circumstances, but for how long is another guess.

A lot rides on the next 3 weeks and the protests or NL decision, could shape that.

Back