• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United forced to cancel pre-season clash at Billericay

Bad enough that we can't fulfil the fixture but even worse to blame it on injuries as if they think people are stupid enough to believe such nonsense.
I suspect its a half truth. Ron hasn't made this decision, the football department would have based on the players available, condition of those players, and position cover to field a side, so technically they aren't fit enough to play. However, Ron has made for this situation.

I suspect its a half truth. Ron hasn't made this decision, the football department would have based on the players available, condition of those players, and position cover to field a side, so technically they aren't fit enough to play. However, Ron has made for this situation.
Not being fully fit or in tip top condition is not the same as being injured though, is it? Obviously, with limited 'training' during the week and lack of numbers to allow for substitutions this fixture was never going to be fulfilled. The sheer lack of respect for supporters and for Billericay for that matter is typical of the way Martin operates and unfortunately it compromises the integrity of everyone caught up in his web.

Who cares should have been sacked anyway for losing 7 games in a row!!! New owners fresh start! Kimura would probably want to bring in a new manager anyway.
I hope you're going to be protesting tomorrow @Shrimpet steve, you can tell Ron to hurry up and sell the club. We know he will listen to your opinion, just like we do.

Who cares should have been sacked anyway for losing 7 games in a row!!! New owners fresh start! Kimura would probably want to bring in a new manager anyway.

Same managers who have been under an embargo for the last 10 months and saw a very good player walk away due to lack of payment.

Give them a proper budget without constrainst and then come back to us Steve.

For the past week I have been expecting this friendly to be called off, but the reality of it now has led me to believe we will definitely not be able to commence our league campaign on 5th August. My heart is telling me I'm wrong but, sadly, my head is telling me time has run out for us and Southend United will no longer exist in a few days time. As it's been part of my life for about 65 years the realisation is hurting now, I guess like most of us on SZ. I'm still hoping my heart wins the day.

Same managers who have been under an embargo for the last 10 months and saw a very good player walk away due to lack of payment.

Give them a proper budget without constrainst and then come back to us Steve.
Was one player? Shouldn't be losing 7 in a row and cost us playoffs! No manager in any division keeps there job after that many losses! And I like kev.

Nl must be very worried about us being able to start the season let alone complete it. I wonder why the FA cannot or dont step in on whats happening here , Its obvious to every man and his dog RM is unfit to own a football club ,they stepped in on the Russian owner of Chelski branded hin unfit to own a football club and made him sell it ,why cant they do the same here, or is it that we just small apples compared to Chelski..

Bad enough that we can't fulfil the fixture but even worse to blame it on injuries as if they think people are stupid enough to believe such nonsense.
The club have to blame injuries, they can't highlight to NL that we haven't enough players.

Nl must be very worried about us being able to start the season let alone complete it. I wonder why the FA cannot or dont step in on whats happening here , Its obvious to every man and his dog RM is unfit to own a football club ,they stepped in on the Russian owner of Chelski branded hin unfit to own a football club and made him sell it ,why cant they do the same here, or is it that we just small apples compared to Chelski..

I’ve often wondered if/what the FA could do in our situation?

Wasn’t it our 19th appearance in court in his 25 year reign? I know that some of them are a winding up petition that’s been adjourned, but that isn’t a record to be proud of. Does anyone know how many individual winding up orders we’ve faced?

Surely, the FA must have some powers, must be able to investigate/enforce or do something.

The day Ron sorts it out will be to late I can see the league chucking us out

I’ve often wondered if/what the FA could do in our situation?

Wasn’t it our 19th appearance in court in his 25 year reign? I know that some of them are a winding up petition that’s been adjourned, but that isn’t a record to be proud of. Does anyone know how many individual winding up orders we’ve faced?

Surely, the FA must have some powers, must be able to investigate/enforce or do something.
It’s hard I think as they can impose sanctions on the club, but he doesn’t care about the club does he?

That’s why the protest, as we the fans care and any sanctions would mean we intensify pressure on him in whatever way we can.

But I agree that if he doesn’t pay bills then they should be able to force him to sell. You’d hope the new regulators would put that capability in place as well as giving clubs cultural protected status.

Wasn't that the govt sanctioning him making it that his assets would be frozen unless he sold up and got the money out of the UK that prompted that. Fa didn't facilitate that.

It’s hard I think as they can impose sanctions on the club, but he doesn’t care about the club does he?

That’s why the protest, as we the fans care and any sanctions would mean we intensify pressure on him in whatever way we can.

But I agree that if he doesn’t pay bills then they should be able to force him to sell. You’d hope the new regulators would put that capability in place as well as giving clubs cultural protected status.

I mean sanctions for him, not the Club.

He has caused this mess, whether it’s intentional or not, it still comes down to him as the custodian of our club, so the sanctions should fall upon him.

I’m not necessarily saying they should be able to force him to sell. There isn’t an endless list of people/businesses/consortiums out there to buy football clubs, and there is no good in the FA saying RM you have to sell SUFC if there are no buyers (we know there is in this instance). What do they do then?

Should the fit and proper persons test be more stringent? Should it be a yearly thing? Can owners be banned from owning clubs and so on.

I mean sanctions for him, not the Club.

He has caused this mess, whether it’s intentional or not, it still comes down to him as the custodian of our club, so the sanctions should fall upon him.

I’m not necessarily saying they should be able to force him to sell. There isn’t an endless list of people/businesses/consortiums out there to buy football clubs, and there is no good in the FA saying RM you have to sell SUFC if there are no buyers (we know there is in this instance). What do they do then?

Should the fit and proper persons test be more stringent? Should it be a yearly thing? Can owners be banned from owning clubs and so on.
I meant to say I don’t think they can impose sanctions on him due to the nature of business that’s why they more often or not fall on the club.

I think it will always be tough to sanction the owner but they MUST stop asset stripping. If when you buy a club the stadium, training ground etc is in the name of the club, they should under no circumstances be able to shift it to another business entity and run up debts in the club’s name.

That would have made all this happening to our club impossible.

Not being fully fit or in tip top condition is not the same as being injured though, is it? Obviously, with limited 'training' during the week and lack of numbers to allow for substitutions this fixture was never going to be fulfilled. The sheer lack of respect for supporters and for Billericay for that matter is typical of the way Martin operates and unfortunately it compromises the integrity of everyone caught up in his web.
Agreed
Why wasn’t this cancelled a week ago, it was obviously not going to be played.
What was the club expecting to happen in the last week which would have meant it was on?

When is our next friendly , should we be cancelling now?

Back