• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United in talks with striker and chairman Ron Martin hopes to clear embargo next week

The Zone has at least one current SUFC employee registered as a Zone member. It is also monitored by the Club on a regular basis. There is absolutely no intent to effect posters comments but that is why sometimes we request that posters don't post anything that could be slanderous or libellous.

Please tell me they sign up with a @southendunited.co.uk email? ☺️

Musing, nothing like a good Muse on the EFL dosh . I wonder what we will get in the second tranche of £15 million to be distributed on a gates loss criteria of some kind based on last year and this
If it includes in the formula applied our part of our league one losses and given our decent gates presumably we could do quite well?

As we get £250,000 straight away , is there a good chance we would qualify for at least another £250K?

Then given our unfair treatment by the EFL and parlous state could we apply for more from the monitored £20m grant? or would we lose some prospects on this fund by being seen to benefit from the Ground approval?

Musing, nothing like a good Muse on the EFL dosh . I wonder what we will get in the second tranche of £15 million to be distributed on a gates loss criteria of some kind based on last year and this
If it includes in the formula applied our part of our league one losses and given our decent gates presumably we could do quite well?

As we get £250,000 straight away , is there a good chance we would qualify for at least another £250K?

Then given our unfair treatment by the EFL and parlous state could we apply for more from the monitored £20m grant? or would we lose some prospects on this fund by being seen to benefit from the Ground approval?

I saw an article about the conditions for the monitored grant and they seem very restrictive, its along the lines of not being able to pay a transfer fee, if you transfer a player out you can only replace them with someone paid 25% less and your squad size is limited, these restrictions are meant to last two seasons.

I wouldn't have thought anyone would want to accept those restrictions, especially if Ronald is expecting some funds to become available next week

Did anyone else see the McLaren P1 leaving the car park after the game last night? Number plate was ‘58TW’. Didn‘t get a good enough look at the driver but could this be our potential experienced striker?!

tw ? Theo Walcott

Can you think of any more TWs??

Scanned the free agents from transfermarkt and can’t find anyone who fits the bill. Probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but just not the sort of motor you expect to see pulling out the car park and definitely not seen it before.

Scanned the free agents from transfermarkt and can’t find anyone who fits the bill. Probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but just not the sort of motor you expect to see pulling out the car park and definitely not seen it before.

I don't normally drive but the bars aren't open. :Whistling:

Well if you own a P1 you can afford a personalised plate with your own initials? But is it a clue?
The plate was originally on a 1965 Aston Martin.

The McLaren was originally registered Dec 2014- it has the plate 58 TW in the McLaren P1 registry as of 2016 so probably this is the original plate. But the current V5C was issued Oct 2020. So might have been bought recently with the plate. So TW may or mayn't not be the clue..

BYW "famous people" with the initials TW

Well if you own a P1 you can afford a personalised plate with your own initials? But is it a clue?

The McLaren was originally registered Dec 2014- it has the plate 58 TW in the McLaren P1 registry as of 2016 so probably this is the original plate. But the current V5C was issued Oct 2020. So might have been bought recently with the plate. So TW may or mayn't not be the clue..

Haha just looking at your list and noticed Tyler Winklevoss who is a bitcoin billionaire, Earlier in the year I listened to a youtube interview with the Winklevoss twins where they were joking with the interviewer (who was English) about buying a football club and letting him manage it. I'm not suggesting for a minute that this is the case, just thought it was a funny coincidence

If you see it again it might be worth flagging up that the DVLA website believes its MOT is expired.

Back