• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United looking to bring in Tottenham Hotspur youngster on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're also linked with a 28 year old forward and an 'experienced ball winning midfielder'. It's not like we're just signing kids and this lad will still be older than Egbri, who unfortunately doesn't look ready for league football yet in my opinion.

Give the lad a chance.
We currently have room for 1 signing

Is there any difference between a loan signing and a permanent one or are the rules the same? As in, can we get this player +1? Confused. Best case we get the embargo lifted clearly.

There is no real difference in terms of squad registration. However the fact we're being linked with multiple signings either suggests that we are confident of this no longer being an issue soon or we're expecting multiple outgoings. There'd be no point in us being in talks with players we can't sign.

It does look as though some ducks are being put in a row here in anticipation of something happening.

Let's hope so, reminds me of the time that Sturrock had to sign players on 'pre-contracts' before they could register.

Let’s hope yes, 2 or 3 new faces could change things entirely. MM obviously has a favoured style of play but not exactly the players that fit at the minute. Ron can hopefully sort something.

That keeper from Lincoln, Akinola, the spurs lad and the ball winning midfielder would be good. Feel we need to mutually agree to pay off Demmetriou and Lennon as neither will play many games this season.

There is no real difference in terms of squad registration. However the fact we're being linked with multiple signings either suggests that we are confident of this no longer being an issue soon or we're expecting multiple outgoings. There'd be no point in us being in talks with players we can't sign.

Ron may be promising Molesley things but whether he can deliver those things is another question.

Last transfer window he used the excuse of underperformance as an excuse to not back the manager contrary to previous assurances.

Ron may be promising Molesley things but whether he can deliver those things is another question.

Last transfer window he used the excuse of underperformance as an excuse to not back the manager contrary to previous assurances.
There were other factors at play with Campbell I think but by 1st Jan Ron knew we were doomed. Now, we definitely aren’t .... yet

Obvious hard to judge from highlights, but looks like he can play as a winger or a striker. As a winger could give defenders problems and can put them under pressure when defending too. As a striker it looks like he can hold defenders off at times too and not easily bullied off it.

As backed up by his stats (1 goal in 7 games for a poor Macclesfield team) his end product does look very hit or miss.

Obvious hard to judge from highlights, but looks like he can play as a winger or a striker. As a winger could give defenders problems and can put them under pressure when defending too. As a striker it looks like he can hold defenders off at times too and not easily bullied off it.

As backed up by his stats (1 goal in 7 games for a poor Macclesfield team) his end product does look very hit or miss.

His end product looks very dodgy if those are his highlights but he does look pacy and direct.

We've had a lot of these Spurs youngsters on loan over the years and they've nearly all been misses from Paul Moran and Peter Beadle through to Shaquille Coulthirst, Luke Amos and Shayon Harrison.

We're due another Dorian Dervite.

He doesn’t need to be a world beater to improve our starting eleven or our subs bench. If he’s still at spurs at 22, albeit unlikely to make it there, then he must have something about him

His end product looks very dodgy if those are his highlights but he does look pacy and direct.

We've had a lot of these Spurs youngsters on loan over the years and they've nearly all been misses from Paul Moran and Peter Beadle through to Shaquille Coulthirst, Luke Amos and Shayon Harrison.

We're due another Dorian Dervite.
Going back to 2003, Stephen Kelly was a good one.

Welcome to the good ship Southend Shilow the best of luck.

Funny how people were moaning he wasn’t good enough for us yet he’s signed for a League One club. I think I’ll trust Molesley’s judgement over Barry the Footballing expert on SZ.

Funny how people were moaning he wasn’t good enough for us yet he’s signed for a League One club. I think I’ll trust Molesley’s judgement over Barry the Footballing expert on SZ.
When we were a L1 club we had plenty of Prem loanees like this- and generally they were no better than our own kids. If he was any good at 22 he wouldn’t have been at Macclesfield last year.

Hopefully I can get some game time, learn, improve as a player, and help the team get some wins under our belts."

Hopefully doesn't do it for me.. I expect to get game time and show what I can do would be a bit more positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back