• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Still in the driving seat lol. Get the cheque book out Ronald

According to the Echo this morning, Brown is due to meet up with him again today and is still confident of getting him.

Says that though other clubs have come in the grass isn't always greener and he knows the manager and players here and gets on well with them and also knows he'll get games.

According to the Echo this morning, Brown is due to meet up with him again today and is still confident of getting him.

Says that though other clubs have come in the grass isn't always greener and he knows the manager and players here and gets on well with them and also knows he'll get games.

to me they are very fair comments - lets hope he can convince him

I wonder how many were in the race before Brown went public on this.

Do you honestly think that clubs will only pick up on a player because PB mentions him in the local rag?

Other teams we played whilst he was with us last season will have been alerted to his ability as well as any team in the country with a half-decent scouting set-up, so to try to suggest that if we don't sign any player because other clubs were alerted by our manager talking out if turn, is just crass!

Our managers can never win.

If they don't talk to the press to let the 'fans' know what's happening they are being secretive and if they happen to mention a player, that to be honest is way above League 2 in terms of ability, and we then fail to sign him they should never have talked to the press.

I know it's silly season but we still need to be accept that SUFC are not the pinnacle of most young players ambition. If PB manages to sign Sokolik it will be an incredible piece of business for the club. So fingers crossed it does happen, whilst accepting it's not likely to, is how I look at this.

Do you honestly think that clubs will only pick up on a player because PB mentions him in the local rag?

Of course not, I agree with you that they should know of him already. What they may not have known is that he's available for a move and considering a L2 club.

Of course not, I agree with you that they should know of him already. What they may not have known is that he's available for a move and considering a L2 club.

Fair point, and I guess a possibility. Let's hope we land him.

Back