• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend United sign Osei Sankofa

cor, that SMS service looks worth it for giving people the news about 30 seconds earlier than the rest of us poor saps...

Just spoke to two of my mates - one Charlton fan, the other a Brentford fan..... Charlton fan said that he will be alright at our level but is a bit dodgy in the tackle (oo'er). Apparently, he was very much work in progress at the Addicks. Brentford fan said that he did ok for them but often went missing on the counter attack...both said he is better with the ball than without it! Oh and takes possibly the worst corners you will ever see!

Sounds like he will be back up rather than a first teamer. Would be nice to sign a CB over 6ft and with some experience!

Just spoke to two of my mates - one Charlton fan, the other a Brentford fan..... Charlton fan said that he will be alright at our level but is a bit dodgy in the tackle (oo'er). Apparently, he was very much work in progress at the Addicks. Brentford fan said that he did ok for them but often went missing on the counter attack...both said he is better with the ball than without it! Oh and takes possibly the worst corners you will ever see!

Got to question a side that let a centre-half TAKE corners!! :D

Think he'll do ok - always seems decent when I've seen him on the box.

Sounds like he will be back up rather than a first teamer. Would be nice to sign a CB over 6ft and with some experience!

My thoughts as well. Sounds more like Lewis Hunt's replacement rather then competition for the Centre Back positions. If he was continually given new deals with Charlton then he must have something about him, so hopefully it works out and he can provide useful cover.

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59360

Brentford fans views.

"
Spot on. pace to burn and good when man to man but not comfortable on the ball, and certainly not physical enough at thsi level for centre half. Oh and he cannot head a ball straight.

In short, nowhere near premiership or even championship standard now or probably ever"

"He looks a decent RB but a terrible CB imho"

"It is about time we started to give our players a chance instead of the dross we get from the championship"

"He was very, very poor last night and should just keep walking in my opinion."

Those mainly came after he had finished his loan spell, seemed more positive at the start of the spell.

I think he played mostly at full back for Charlton. Not sure about Brentford but someone will no doubt enlighten us. there is no doubt that having represented England at U16, U18 and U19 levels, he is no mug. He will be better than we have got at the moment!

Give a dog a bone lads ****ing hell.......

As I see it he cant be a mug if he has played for England at so many levels....

Talk about judging him before he has played....

My only issue is that he seems to have split personalities as in one sentance he is a Ghanian centre back and then later in the paragraph he is English.......

Last edited:
Back