• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend United sign Osei Sankofa

At 23 I doubt he'll get any better. If he was any good he'd have played for Charlton in the CCC last season and made more than a dozen or so starts in the last 6 years.

I hope I'm wrong, but our signing policy seems to be get rid of any good players on a big contract and get in some cheaper players.

Last edited:
At 23 I doubt he'll get any better. If he was any good he'd have played for Charlton in the CCC last season and made more than a dozen or so starts in the last 6 years.

I hope I'm wrong, but our signing policy seems to be get rid of any good players on a big contract and get in some cheaper players.

And if he had played every game in the CCC last season we wouldn't have signed him.

He's started against all of the big 4: Man U, Chelsea, Southend and Arsenal.

Post of the day!

BTW given the lukewarm response to a player I suspect most of us have never seen play, can I be the first to say in advance of when he does eventually leave us - "What is going on at our club?!"

blimey - glad that we didn't say that about Collymore........

As it's Wimbledon today...

"Game, Set and Match, Barrys Boss, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0"

Give the fella a chance, eh!?

Osei Sankofa

Welcome to The Shrimpers Osei Sankofa,

Hope you enjoy your stay here becoming a favourite and regular in our first team. :)

Lets hope you go on to add to your England U16, U18, U19 caps in the future.

The injury also came final negotiations concerning a loan move to Southend United

Looks like we tried to sign him before?

Charlton OS

Welcome to The Shrimpers Osei Sankofa,

Hope you enjoy your stay here becoming a favourite and regular in our first team. :)

Lets hope you go on to add to your England U16, U18, U19 caps in the future.

Looks like we tried to sign him before?

I doubt if he'll win any more U16, U18 and U19 caps as he is a bit too old to play in these teams now.

Seems to be pacy and good in the air which is something neither of the current centre backs can bring to the table.......

I can't believe the negativity towards the guy already and I bet 90% of you guys haven't seen him play before.

If Tilly and Brush reckons his good enough, then thats fine by me.

Sounds a decent player, and can play all across the back. Never seen him play, but I'm led to believe his decent in the air, and quick across the deck.

Best of luck to the fella.

I'm gonna buck the trend and say good signing, I'm happy with with this.

I hoped soon as he'd been released that he was someone we'd go for. He is more of a right back then centre half and I'd assume he's going to be Lewis' replacement in that respect. Pacey, which is something we lack all over the pitch, experience at a high level and someone itching to push back on after a bit of a lull. All good to me. And we could certainly do no better as a back up centre half/right back.

I can't believe the negativity towards the guy already and I bet 90% of you guys haven't seen him play before.

He was on my team on football manager, he cost 50 grand and in a month of playing for us we let in 68 goals, I released him shortly after a 9-2 drubbing in which he scored 2 own goals and got sent off. I can safely say he is ****.

He was on my team on football manager, he cost 50 grand and in a month of playing for us we let in 68 goals, I released him shortly after a 9-2 drubbing in which he scored 2 own goals and got sent off. I can safely say he is ****.

Gotta have some green for that. :clap: ;)

Best argument for the accuracy and validity of FM stats yet :D

73284862.jpg

Do you think he'll be showing these images to his new team mates in pre season? Look who I've played against lads...................

72913504.jpg

Got to be a replacement for Lewis in the back-up to the existing defence. Seems a good one though - probably not on massive wages, and still can improve...

73284862.jpg

Do you think he'll be showing these images to his new team mates in pre season? Look who I've played against lads...................

72913504.jpg

To be fair he's not the only one in our squad to have played against Rooney.

Back