• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United smaller Fossetts Farm stadium plans held up (Feb 23)

Isn't only the main stand that's altered under the revised planning? Phase 1, the other 3 stands unchanged?

So he could have pressed ahead with the original 21000 seat stadium, but instead has tried to reduced it to build more houses which I assume would earn him more money. How ironic it would be if his own greed for more cash was his final undoing.

Originally permission was passed for the stadium and (i believe) 7 retail units but "it" then decided that he wanted more units, so had to resubmit the plans, which held it up

Sorry but yet again Southend city council has hood winked everone in beleving they want to help the citys football club .As far as i cocered they never really backed the stadium plans .Yes they made noses that southend need a football club .Bull just jow many games have any of the bib wigs ever crossd the thresh hold of roots hall never or maybe once or twice .

Sorry but yet again Southend city council has hood winked everone in beleving they want to help the citys football club .As far as i cocered they never really backed the stadium plans .Yes they made noses that southend need a football club .Bull just jow many games have any of the bib wigs ever crossd the thresh hold of roots hall never or maybe once or twice .

But they've approved the original plans. It's clearly down to Ron to provide details on changes. You can't get approval for anything these days without detailed plans. It would be the same for anyone, not just the football club.

But they've approved the original plans. It's clearly down to Ron to provide details on changes. You can't get approval for anything these days without detailed plans. It would be the same for anyone, not just the football club.
Ok so the stadium has been down sized The **** council get the benifits of more land for more houses So why if you want roors hall and more houses on fossetts land Sorry but i see it as they are stalling But then thats what councils are good at They are no good for sweet F A eles Old boys in ivory towers ..Just like i said they never really wanted a football club in southend .

I think its time anna step up and told the council where there priortys lieS Back your local club .Instead of burying your head in the southend mud .

We have submitted detailed plans for the revisions - theres 14 pages with 10 documents on each page on the council website!

Having been through the planning process before on a residential build, I'd suggest it's not the same for everyone. Really depends on who you know as to how fast and how flexible the council can be.

I think this has even been classed as a delegated decision, councillors probably won't even vote on it!

The council hasn't disclosed what further info they require - that'd be interesting to know.

Back