• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Certainly not a frivolous appeal
Ignoring the fact that their player was probably not touched & only fell down when he realised Bolger would get there first the positioning of the players means that absolutely no way was Coker the last man & their player was running into a position where a cross was the likely outcome (if Cian who was alongside him somehow became invisible)

For me integrity equals honesty- if they overturn they increase the credibility of the officials and the system- if they don't then it's more confirmation that avoiding embarrassment is way more important than justice and fairness.

So I guess most probably he won't be available- note if the assistant had given it the referee having seen the playback would have rescinded it by now I suspect (unless being best fiends with the assistant is also more important than getting it right too)

Splendid news. Fate has really turned in our favour of late.

exactly this - everything is going our way

• Centre backs scoring
  • scoring from a corner (2)
  • Bentleys amazing clean sheet run
  • Teams amazing clean run sheet
  • Atkinson scores (2)
  • We score right at the end of a game
  • Wycombe conceed right at the end of a game
  • Red card results in a win from us
  • The change in formation results in Prosser making a last ditch tackle/block saving a probable goal (would Coker have been in the same position, we will never know )
  • Ron on the pitch (only happens when things are going well)
  • Bentley and Coker in league 2 team
must be more I am missing

Marvelous- just saw this
it was completely obvious but it had still to be dealt with correctly- faith restored

exactly this - everything is going our way

• Centre backs scoring
  • scoring from a corner (2)
  • Bentleys amazing clean sheet run
  • Teams amazing clean run sheet
  • Atkinson scores (2)
  • We score right at the end of a game
  • Wycombe conceed right at the end of a game
  • Red card results in a win from us
  • The change in formation results in Prosser making a last ditch tackle/block saving a probable goal (would Coker have been in the same position, we will never know )
  • Ron on the pitch (only happens when things are going well)
  • Bentley and Coker in league 2 team
must be more I am missing

Actually, we already do know 100% that Coker wouldnt have been there, because if he hadnt been sent off the ball would never have ended up in that position as the match would have been completely different from that point on.

Did no one watch Back to the Future or Quantum Leap ?!

The irony is if Coker was on the pitch and we were still at 11 players theres no guarantee we would have won the game, that goal went in because the sending off happened. So getting sent off kind of helped win us the game and he doesn't get a ban either. Back of the net.

Delighted it got overturned, I didnt even see the red card taken out as it was so obvious a yellow I wasnt bothering to watch.

That's what they said a few years back when they appealed Freddy Eastwoods red card, the appeals panel increased it from a 3 game ban to 4 games..

That really was a frivolous appeal though. Video footage of him raising his hands - whether he made contact and with what force wasn't the issue

As for Coker wow just wow. I really didn't expect that. There are too many good things going our way. Caution !

ezgif-1783350260.gif

Back