• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i heard it through the grapevine that were the same team from monday but prosser replaces barker and gilbert replaces hills. and everytime i post a team its always correct. And im not sure, but i dont think hall will even be in the squad .

*hearts sinks and a look of despair appears on his face* :sad:

*hearts sinks and a look of despair appears on his face* :sad:
Hmmm.....me too I think, the thought of Prosser and Gilbert on that half side of the pitch doesn't fill me with a great deal of joy.

i heard it through the grapevine that were the same team from monday but prosser replaces barker and gilbert replaces hills. and everytime i post a team its always correct. And im not sure, but i dont think hall will even be in the squad .

Fair enough if he still ill, but he must at least be on the bench if not, we need some creativity.

I'm really hoping this game kick starts our run in with our full backs looking to play the short ball to
who ever is playing out wide ........little bit of give an go mixed up with some accurate rather than a hopeful ball
in the air ......That Timlin finds that spark he had and Granty keeps up the work rate he produced over the last 2 -3 games
That the weather is kind, Sampson( if playing) gets a couple ......another clean, sheet a home win and those around us lose or draw and the confidence comes flooding back to put pressure on all the other clubs up there ..it can be done C/MON THE BLUES

If Hall is fit and forgiven, then I would bring him in on the right, and push Sawyer in the middle for Timlin. Timlin has been very poor the last few games, and was pretty woeful on Monday.

If not, stick with the same midfield, and 2 of 3 form Benyon/Sampson/Harris up top.

At the back, If Hills isn't fit, then Prosser left back and Baldwin in the middle. If his is, then just Prosser in for Barker at the back.

Then again why not play Hall at left back instead of being on the bench. As I recall he has played there before in his career and had a few games there with us and did better than Gilber or Prosser. Would prefer to see him start even in that position than just sitting on the bench.

Then again why not play Hall at left back instead of being on the bench. As I recall he has played there before in his career and had a few games there with us and did better than Gilber or Prosser. Would prefer to see him start even in that position than just sitting on the bench.
i agree with you on that

Don't agree. Hall at LB would be a risk. Ok he did alright there on a one off basis but in the long run it'll oonly be a matter of time before he's ruthlessy exposed.And with his willigness to attack and lack of natural defensive nous might also expose the Cb's and take something away from the Left-winger's game if they need to cover. Give him a freeish role anywhere across the midffield or up front. But not in defence. Not his forte.

Additionally seeing Hall at LB will leave opposition players rubbing their hands with glee when they find out that's where he'll be playing. You want Hall hurting them at the other end. Stick him in defence in the most part they will be hurting him. For interest who did Hall play LB against? Was it a good side. Can't imagine it was.

I was actually meaning that i would like to see him in the team somewhere and if need be.......as AN option to play him at left back
which i remember the one game i saw him play he did rather well at as he can tackle has the pace and would be able to get up and down in the same way as Sean does on the right and i do think he could do that job and not be a risk IMO (it wont happen anyway) of course an in form Hall should and would be in the team in his natural position no doubt about that

Originally Posted by THE-WAR-CHEST

Originaly Posted by Cricko
*hearts sinks and a look of despair appears on his face*

Thats it creaky, nice and positive

:tumbleweed:

The only positive thing with Prosser and Gilbert both in team is it will be HOOF HOOF HOOF :thumbdown:

Belford is our best recent signing, although on loan. He is good and a very confident keeper, i think his confidence is starting to spread to other players and he is going to be a big influence on the team ! 2-0 to the blues today

Cant we just put Timlin at Left back, some say he has played there before and went left back Monday night when Hills was subbed. We cant under estimate Accrington at all but we are the home team and they are only mid table. This means we could start with Martin and Hall on the wings (something the fans have been crying out for) and Sawyer and Grant central. If at some point we are losing and chasing the game this allows us to revert to 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with Timlin pushing up and Hall pushing up without the need to make a sub. If we are winning we could also bring Ferdinand on for one of the 2 strikers and play 4-3-2-1 with Ferdinand holding, Hall and Martin on wings cutting inside and Sawyer with Grant supporting just behind the lone striker, with the ability to push Ferdinand further up and Timlin further up when needed.

Cant we just put Timlin at Left back, some say he has played there before and went left back Monday night when Hills was subbed. We cant under estimate Accrington at all but we are the home team and they are only mid table. This means we could start with Martin and Hall on the wings (something the fans have been crying out for) and Sawyer and Grant central. If at some point we are losing and chasing the game this allows us to revert to 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with Timlin pushing up and Hall pushing up without the need to make a sub. If we are winning we could also bring Ferdinand on for one of the 2 strikers and play 4-3-2-1 with Ferdinand holding, Hall and Martin on wings cutting inside and Sawyer with Grant supporting just behind the lone striker, with the ability to push Ferdinand further up and Timlin further up when needed.

Soz Football manager! ;)

I like the tactics though, even if they are a bit exotic!

Back