• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Bolton Wanderers

Disappointed not see Ranger and Mellis in the squad - but if not quite fit, we'll have to wait.

Ranger has a registration problem. Until that's sorted its irrelevant how fit he is!
Saw that on another thread - is it true? The EFL site is showing him as registered to us. But whatever the reasons, my original point of being disappointed only to see only 1 of the new signings in the squad

Demitriou was a centre midfielder for Orient earlier in his career, whilst he was asked to reprise his Orient role because we had no midfielders it's not like he's being asked to play a position he had no familiarity with before we put him there last year.
Only difference is he's been playing the defensive dirty work mid which he wasn't that familiar with. Played a more attacking mid role at orient and right mid internationally I think . However, it did a job when we had no others better
Although would still be an upgrade at right back I don't think the pace would be there now and wouldn't think the knee would cope in that role which
Handy to have as cover for rb tho

Saw that on another thread - is it true? The EFL site is showing him as registered to us. But whatever the reasons, my original point of being disappointed only to see only 1 of the new signings in the squad
Something to do with the contract held at spalding (even though non league). Don't know more than that! But needs sorting

Yes, looks like a 433 to me as well.
Let’s hope not- that normally results in nil points
Suspect it will be 4231 - with lack of obvious goal threat in starting line up I also suspect as the last two games the three best outcomes will be 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0. Once again a lot of onus on the defensive set up.

I think difference now is that we have much better quality on the bench.

As dissapointed as I am to see the side today I'm hopeful we will be stronger soon

Back