• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Southend United v Colchester United next season?

What do you think of Jay Minge, the right wing-back? I found myself at the Sheep Pen recently for the Wrexham game and thought he stood out as someone who could play higher up the leagues. Very comfortable on the ball, creates space for himself, quick feet & rarely wastes the ball. Obviously was only one game so he could be awful usually for all I know. I saw he'd come from Portsmouth so was he a Cowley signing?
Christ that’s the second time I’ve done that! 🤦 I meant Jay Mingi!! Obviously got minge on the brain..

What do you think of Jay Minge, the right wing-back? I found myself at the Sheep Pen recently for the Wrexham game and thought he stood out as someone who could play higher up the leagues. Very comfortable on the ball, creates space for himself, quick feet & rarely wastes the ball. Obviously was only one game so he could be awful usually for all I know. I saw he'd come from Portsmouth so was he a Cowley signing?
Jay Mingi has great potential, he was here before the Cowley’s arrived as he signed early September after refusing a new contract at Pompey, but they had managed him during their time at Fratton Park. Initially he couldn’t get into the team, he is a midfielder and as we have loads of decent midfielders players like Mingi and Jay were left out in the cold. He played a few games for the under 21 team and then picked up an injury after playing a few 1st team games. But due to us having injuries and suspensions to our defenders the Cowley’s tried him playing him there and he has been great. Still only 23 I think he will get a lot more games now Danny is in charge, he is still under contract for next season.

I spoke to some Crewe fans in Craftwerk this evening. A load of them are spending the night in Southend before going to the game.

They need a point to guarantee the playoffs but are on a shocking run of form.

I spoke to some Crewe fans in Craftwerk this evening. A load of them are spending the night in Southend before going to the game.

They need a point to guarantee the playoffs but are on a shocking run of form.
Yes they are but they have two of their leading scorers back after injury tomorrow, a draw would suit both clubs, and I think that may well be the outcome tomorrow in front of a big (For us) home crowd and the SKY cameras.

Yes they are but they have two of their leading scorers back after injury tomorrow, a draw would suit both clubs, and I think that may well be the outcome tomorrow in front of a big (For us) home crowd and the SKY cameras.

If I were Crewe I'd go for the jugular. No point in playing for a draw as it could lead to disaster.

I'd love to see Colchester come down.

I think the cowley brothers will have a shock. This is a very tough league. It's changed massively since they were last in it.

I can't see cowling splashing cash, quite the opposite.

It's live on sky? Isn't it a 3pm kick off and so shouldn't be live on TV? Or as it's col u does it not count as sport?

If I were Crewe I'd go for the jugular. No point in playing for a draw as it could lead to disaster.

I'd love to see Colchester come down.

I think the cowley brothers will have a shock. This is a very tough league. It's changed massively since they were last in it.

I can't see cowling splashing cash, quite the opposite.
Both sides have said they will be playing for a win, but I still think they will cancel each other out and a draw is the most likely outcome. I think we may have one or two players back from injury, if so our midfield will be stronger than it has been in the ladt couple of games.

Colchester will stay up this season, they've done enough, sadly.

But that's 4 seasons now they've hung on by the skin on their teeth. So you'd fancy them to be down there again next season.

Looking at the teams left in league 2 and the teams coming up, I'd imagine most book makers will have them down as favourites for the drop.

Hopefully in the 25-26 season, we find ourselves in the same league (either we go up or they come down) , miss a good old derby

Back