• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Southend United v Colchester United next season?

Colchester now sit 3rd from bottom having drawn 5 & lost 1 of their last 6 matches.

They are 1 point above the relegation zone.

As we know, draws are all good & dandy but don't rack up the points like wins do.

Hard times for their supporters .........

What is the likelihood of an Essex derby next season?

Last edited:
Colchester are on a 6 game unbeaten run .......... but now sit 3rd from bottom having drawn 5 & lost 1 of their last 6 matches.

As we know, draws are all good & dandy but don't rack up the points like wins do.

Unlikely I'd've thought.Understand they still have a lot of home games to play.

Colchester are on a 6 game unbeaten run .......... but now sit 3rd from bottom having drawn 5 & lost 1 of their last 6 matches.

Although draws are not great, it's a massive improvement since the Cowley brothers came in. They have tightened things up with the defence and midfield working better and harder. So as they are now much harder to beat, I think they will get enough points to stay up, as some wins are not far away.

Although draws are not great, it's a massive improvement since the Cowley brothers came in. They have tightened things up with the defence and midfield working better and harder. So as they are now much harder to beat, I think they will get enough points to stay up, as some wins are not far away.
Can you tell me the lottery numbers too.

Never understood this "hatred" of Col U. They'll stay up probably. No time whatsoever for FGR. Telling fans what they can and can't eat. ****er.
Hating localish rivals is natural and happens everywhere. Some of the bad feeling comes from things that happened in the past on the terraces and on the roads and in the pubs in the 70s and 80s. Southend hoolies had their measure and were always beating them everywhere, but it was all punches and kicks. Some of the nastier Colchester lot decided to counter this by jumping out on smaller groups of Southend fans and using knives and Stanley knives. GL was slashed over his body with a Stanley knife as he and his mate were set upon and totally outnumbered about 50 onto 2, outside the Drury pub Colchester. As he was carted off to hospital to have a lot of stitches, they went to the game, and started singing, G is a jigsaw. They've never been forgiven for that, just like Southend will never be forgiven by a lot of Cambridge fans.

Has Maths changed since I was at school ? How, if you've drawn 5 and lost 1 of your last 6 games, is that a 6 game unbeaten run ? Asking for a friend...

Wouldn;t want them in NL next season as they could pose a real threat of going straight back up with DC in charge - I'd prefer FGR who i think could struggle like we did to adapt to NL

The less title challengers as possible pls !
I agree, they would probably have the best management team in this league interms of knowing what it takes to get out of this league. Off field there pretty well run club and are probably in better position financially to bounce back compared to other clubs who fell through the trap door. Colchester with cowleys in the National League would be 1 of the favourites to win this league.

Has Maths changed since I was at school ? How, if you've drawn 5 and lost 1 of your last 6 games, is that a 6 game unbeaten run ? Asking for a friend...

Absolutely right. [Hand clap]. What a load of tosh! It can't be an unbeaten run with a loss in the middle! I hang my head in shame.

Hash tag: mustdobetter

Oh dear - what is all this talk of "hate" & "hatred" - open your heart, release the hate & fill it with love & kindness - you know it makes sense.

Back to football - one win for Colchester United will make the league so much better for them .......... but the same can be said for the other two teams. Sutton have won their last two games .......... and that brings confidence & momentum.

Never understood this "hatred" of Col U. They'll stay up probably. No time whatsoever for FGR. Telling fans what they can and can't eat. ****er.
Ah, you see...they don't tell fans they have to eat the fare at the New Lawn.
As a club, they're to be admired. Dale Vince has worked out the budget and is unlikely to do a Ron.
On top of which, how many football clubs get a UN award?
It's a different approach and has loads going for it.

Back