• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Southend United v Colchester United next season?

When you look at how dire League 2 is down near the bottom, it makes it even worse that we were somehow able to get comfortably relegated with a game to spare, in an arguably weaker league during 2020-21 😬
We will never know the answer but I think Covid played a massive part of that. The only two games we could attend during that season when they temporary eased restrictions we managed to win

Crewe looked like a poor NL side: no control; no invention; no pace; but plenty of passing to Col U.
They're out at the first hurdle of the play-offs.
Liked Chilvers, but what a moribund match with so much at stake!

Yes the brothers are making a huge difference in terms of the team and the club in general, if they can keep us up and have money to spend, I feel we could do well next season.
Let’s be honest if you finish any higher than 22nd it will be seen as a success.

Let’s be honest if you finish any higher than 22nd it will be seen as a success.
Yes compared to the last 4 seasons that would be regarded as a success, but with the right signings and keeping our better players we have now, the play offs might be a possibility our fans think. The big issue has been lack of a goalscoring striker since we lost Joe Taylor, if we went a goal down the best we could hope for most of the time was a draw. The Cowley's have done wonders keeping us up to be honest, they are here next season it will be interesting to see what they can do with players they sign.

Yes compared to the last 4 seasons that would be regarded as a success, but with the right signings and keeping our better players we have now, the play offs might be a possibility our fans think. The big issue has been lack of a goalscoring striker since we lost Joe Taylor, if we went a goal down the best we could hope for most of the time was a draw. The Cowley's have done wonders keeping us up to be honest, they are here next season it will be interesting to see what they can do with players they sign.
I’ve never wanted a management team to fail more than them, no offence. 😉

All joking aside, I think you'll surprise a few people next season so long as your chairman let's the Cowley's get on with it.
Yes I think the Cowley’s will get their way as Robbie is pleased with what they are doing at present. I think a lot of our current squad will be gone, and new players brought in who are more suited to the way they like to play. They have done their best with what they had from previous managers requirements, but the playing style of Ben Garner is very different from the Cowley’s.

Cowling seems to have lost interest.

Putting in the bare minimum these days
That’s pretty far off the mark. Whilst he’s stepped back from the PR side (purely as he recognised the Cowleys are better at it!) he’s seriously engaged. Financing the Cowleys and next seasons budget is far from the “bare minimum”

Cowling seems to have lost interest.

Putting in the bare minimum these days

From their latest set of accounts (July 23) have just the £33,277,504 owing to Other Group Undertakings - mainly Cowling’s JobServe.

If there ever is a Football Regulator, they really need to sort this kind of thing out. They either owe it or it should be written off. This just hangs, like Martin, until they run out of dosh or get fed up.

From their latest set of accounts (July 23) have just the £33,277,504 owing to Other Group Undertakings - mainly Cowling’s JobServe.

If there ever is a Football Regulator, they really need to sort this kind of thing out. They either owe it or it should be written off. This just hangs, like Martin, until they run out of dosh or get fed up.
Yep - I think owners should only be allowed to add equity, no, or limited, debt. This will allow clubs to survive when the owners are unable to put more money in.

Back