• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Southend United v Colchester United next season?

I guess that will depend on how ambitious your owner is interms of backing the cowleys. Cowling strikes me as owner who heavily invested in the youth side of things but maybe not the first team, whether he would be prepared to go all out and back cowleys to push for top end of the league im not sure. I do think you have great management for league 2 and with backing you could do well.
Robbie has put millions into the club over the years, he has a big bill coming up over the summer to dig up our pitch and sort out the drainage which has caused lots of issues this season. He says he will back the management team so we will see, the Cowley's appear very happy with him at present.Providing we keep our better players I don’t think we need very many, there are several others coming to the end of their contracts so the budget will be freed up quite a bit if they leave.

Getting closer to reality now.

'Keeper error and a missed pen tonight, pressure mounting!
I just can’t see it happening but pressure causes strange things to happen.
Suttons games left are tough.
Col Ewes remaining fixtures aren’t much better but they play Grimsby at home next week - massive.
A loss in that one……..

Providing we keep our better players I don’t think we need very many.
I've listened to a few post match interviews of Cowley. Has spoken very highly of Tovide and Ihionvien (I assuming there's no other Bradleys) on a few occasions. Are either of them players your worried you might lose out on?

Last edited:
I’d take him at Southend next season as they are sure to have an overhaul if they stay up…
Tom has another year on his contract, he should have had a hat trick because another goal was disallowed when it looked fine and their players didn’t even appeal for a foul! He works his socks off and does a lot more than some fans realise, he just lacks goals but on Saturday he was immense and a right pain for the Crawley lads to handle. The Cowley's love him even if some of our fans moan about his lack of goals, I don’t think they will want to let him go.

I've listened to a few post match interviews of Cowley. Has spoken very highly of Tovide and Ihionvien (I assuming there's no other Bradleys) on a few occasions. Are either of them players your worried you might lose out on?
Danny is a very positive speaker and likes to encourage players rather than criticise, he loves these two lads who both show huge potential.Both still only 20 and 6 feet two they are big fast powerful boys who have a lot to learn but certainly show positive signs. Tovide is very physical, he needs to learn to control that aggression and channel it into his play rather than trying to bully the defenders too much as he does now! I don’t think they will leave unless we get a big offer for them, we will be in the market for more strikers because I think Akinde is coming to the end of his career, he is still a huge threat on the pitch but he struggles to complete 90 minutes these days. There are a lot of players out of contract this year so no doubt the Cowley's will ring the changes in some areas whether we stay up or not, I think we will just about stay up now though.

Looks as if Col U will be safe presuming they will beat Grimsby this evening. Next meeting between us and them Essex Senior Cup 24/25 season?

They’re getting battered tonight. Currently losing 4-1 at home to Doncaster.

As it stands, a Sutton win on Saturday, and a Col U loss will put them on level points, with a narrow goal difference separating them.

Sutton play MK dons in the last game, who are already cemented in the playoffs. Col U have to play Crewe, who are still looking to cement their place in the playoffs.

All eyes on Saturday 👀

Back