• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My first game since Plymouth back in September. Hoping for a good one today. Must be hard for Sturrock with all the players coming back from suspension and having just signed Benyon. Wouldn't want to be in Sturrock's position. But the rule is 'Don't change a winning side'. This is Paul Sturrock though and that rules never seems to apply for him. Looking forward to seeing Benyon play.

So many possibilities for selection, doubt if anyone will get it 100% right, with Mohsni struggling with injury my 16 is

Daniels
Clohessy - Phillips - Barker - Gilbert
Leonard - Grant - Timlin - Hall
Benyon - Dickinson

subs - Morris - Prosser - Kalala - Ferdinand - Harris

Dagenham will be dangerous on the break with Montano on the right, means Gilbert back in, slightly better defensive left back, positioning and experience. Going for a 2- 0 win after a tight first 45 mins, Dickinson & Hall the scorers, 6250 crowd with 750 from the daggers.

A couple of months ago I would of had this down as a comfortable win by 3 or 4 goals.

Not now...

They are much improved and make no mistake, will give us a real run for our money today. But, we should still come through this with the 3 points.

I'm going for 2-1 (Hall, Benyon) (Montano)

Att: 6,734

Just booked our tickets for this, and the only places in the East with 4 together were in the Blacks, which is a good sign.

Was 4th in the queue instead of my normal first, which is another good sign. Did mean that I had to listen to the on hold information for the first time in ages though.... next home match v Millwall, and sign the kids up for the 08/09 season??? I know it's not a big thing, but it does make us look unprofessional

I am going to stick my neck out and say 4-1 to us with Benyon getting a brace and Hall and Dickinson also contributing. I think Ferdinand will come in for Leonard and Benyon for Kalala with us going to a 4-4-2.

So many possibilities for selection, doubt if anyone will get it 100% right, with Mohsni struggling with injury my 16 is

Daniels
Benyon - Dickinson

subs - Morris - Prosser - Kalala - Ferdinand - Harris

Dagenham will be dangerous on the break with Montano on the right, means Gilbert back in, slightly better defensive left back, positioning and experience. Going for a 2- 0 win after a tight first 45 mins, Dickinson & Hall the scorers, 6250 crowd with 750 from the daggers.

Not a bad starting XI - but I think Harris will start with Benyon the bench ........ and it might be a start for Prosser rather than Gilbert - both have their weaknesses so I don't mind which gets the nod.

Looking at our selection headache it is true testament to the job Sturrock and Coughlan have done. The fact we can line up with a starting eleven of:

Daniels
Benyon - Dickinson

and still have 5 quality players for this division on the bench (Morris, Prosser, Kalala, Ferdinand & Harris), with another two out injured (Mohsni and Corr) is just crazy.

Really looking forward to this one. Need my SUFC fix!

Hoping for a good win today, what with Crawley and Cheltenham both away against good opposition. Hopefully Benyon can grab a goal on his debut, whether he starts or comes on as a sub. Im going for a 2-0 win, Dickinson and Benyon (Benyon probably coming off the bench) with a crowd of around 6,800.

Just been down to get my son a ticket near us....well, there wasn't a lot on offer! Odd seats in the West in blocks T, U and V so looks as if it ought to be a good crowd. As to the game, well Harris was just turning into the car park as I left so I'm thinking he's likely to start. I still think Sturrock will stick with the same team although I think there's a possibility that Gilbert may slot back in instead of Prosser. Like Smiffy, a 2-1 win, Timlin and Hall to score, crowd of 7231.

Just been down to get my son a ticket near us....well, there wasn't a lot on offer! Odd seats in the West in blocks T, U and V so looks as if it ought to be a good crowd. As to the game, well Harris was just turning into the car park as I left so I'm thinking he's likely to start. I still think Sturrock will stick with the same team although I think there's a possibility that Gilbert may slot back in instead of Prosser. Like Smiffy, a 2-1 win, Timlin and Hall to score, crowd of 7231.

Have all the even seats sold out then :winking:

A crowd of over 7,000 would be great :happy:- just the boost that the club needs to start the year and push on towards promotion .......... and if we can keep the crowds high, then that might give Sturrock more power in the transfer market.

Just a quick word to say that let's hope the small minority :duh: that shout obsenities and slag off officials, the opposition (and even our own players) have had a "new start" for 2012 and that they have some consideration for those around them who haven't come to the game to listen to their moronic outbursts .............:dim:

sitting at my works desk gutted to be missing the first home game of the season !! :'(

I would expect Benyon to start up top with Dicko, with Harris dropping to the bench. Hall to revert back to his wide right role.

Going for a 3-0 win, 1 in the first and 2 in the second, Dickinson, Benyon &......Grant. Crowd of 7,2.

Good luck with that predicition as a comfortable 3-0 would just great.
Personally though I feel the game might be much closer as they have improved a fair bit it seems in the last few weeks so I would go for a 2-1 home win with an edge of the seat ending again.

I would expect Benyon to start up top with Dicko, with Harris dropping to the bench. Hall to revert back to his wide right role.
Is that Luggy's style, starting with a newly signed player? Would certainly expect Benyon to make an appearance, from the bench. There again, with Luggy, you do get the occasional surprise. Very difficult match as everyone has remarked, Daggers are much improved..............four matches without defeat, which included two away draws at Burton and Walsall (Cup). Hope we can scrape a win so as we can begin to open up some clear blue water between us and the chasing pack.

Official line up Southend: Daniels, Clohessy, Phillips, Barker, Prosser, Leonard, Grant, Timlin, Hall, Dickinson, Benyon.

Back