• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always a tough one against Gillingham.
Actually, given the weather forecast for tomorrow and the recent rain we have had will the pitch hold up?

If it doesn't then it doesn't Tinks. The game will still go ahead and neither side will want to play too much on the ground. That said the pitch at Plymouth was in very good nick and we didn't display our quick passing game there so it what we get served up on Monday will be a mystery.

Although neither team are mathematically safe and one win for either side will ensure League 1 football for both teams I see the opportunity for CP to test something tomorrow

I would like to see Elvis return. Unfortunately there we do not have a suitable replacement now for Coker as I believe that his recent performances deserve him to be benched. I would like to see Harry partner Turner in the centre of defence.

Additionally I would like to see Kightly start ahead of Wordsworth. Mantom did enough on Friday to retain his place.

I think CP missed out on the chance of starting Harrison alongside Cox on Friday. We had no pace on at all up front. This would have given Fortune a little rest prior to the Gillingham game. His physical presence will be needed up front against Ehmer & Zakuani.

Elvis was injured against Rotherham -kick on the foot - wasn't fit to travel for Friday as it was still swollen.

Always a tough one against Gillingham.
Actually, given the weather forecast for tomorrow and the recent rain we have had will the pitch hold up?

If it turns out to be as torrential as the Met Office is implying it might be then the game may not go ahead at all. There has been one instance of a game at Roots Hall being called off because of a water logged pitch in my memory (a game against Port Vale in the 80s, I believe) and then it only started raining about 10 minutes before the game was due to begin and much of the crowd was already in the ground.

And in those days we had a decent pitch.

For me,
Ox
White, Anton, Turner, Coker

MacL, Tims, Dru, Kites

Cox, Harrison.

On the bench for MacG against his former club unless he has really being playing silly games in training. With him getting splinters Elvis, Mantom, Kyp, Lapado and a GK.

Should be a decent crowd in attendance.Apparently Gills sold 1200 SUFC 6600 with those turning up on the day 8500 plus in total.Let's get the place rocking

After watching the game at Gillingham in August who would have thought that we would be just 1 point ahead of them with 7 games left.

I think we might have 2 or 3 changes from yesterday. Kightly and Harrison to start with possibly Timlin back in.

I think we still need 3 points to be safe.

Not many trains on Monday - Nothing to Prittlewell and Sunday service on C2C.

You could always invest in ifollow (via a VPN). :winking:

I am pleased they, Gills no longer have JET, or Dacks; both seemed to have good games against us (when playing for Gills).
JET seems to have disappeared from football which is almost tragic as he had talent.

I am pleased they, Gills no longer have JET, or Dacks; both seemed to have good games against us (when playing for Gills).
JET seems to have disappeared from football which is almost tragic as he had talent.
they still got Luke O'Neil and you can bet he'll have a good game against us:sad:

He’s been playing well by all accounts.

I will be coming to watch this game so fingers crossed I can be a good luck charm.

Drop White and Wordsworth for Ferdinand and Kightly. Job done clean sheet and a 2-0 win.
Demi was far less effective and energetic than JW at Plymouth, he looked lethargic and still on international break time. His crossing was woeful.

After watching the game at Gillingham in August who would have thought that we would be just 1 point ahead of them with 7 games left.

I think we might have 2 or 3 changes from yesterday. Kightly and Harrison to start with possibly Timlin back in.

I think we still need 3 points to be safe.

Not many trains on Monday - Nothing to Prittlewell and Sunday service on C2C.

Apparently trains are running to Prittlewell on the greater anglia website so may draw a few more in .

As in practice we're safe from the drop I'd like to see Harry given a run out at centre back alongside Turner. CP hasn't started with him or brought him off the bench so far and I think he needs to see if he can hack it but I reckon that won't happen.

Based on the fact that I think he'll want a result after the Plymouth humiliation my prediction is:
Oxley; Demi, Turner, Ferdinand, Coker; McLaughlin, Dru, Timlin, Kightly; Cox, Fortune

My personal view is that Wordsworth doesn't have the graft/bottle to play in the centre of midfield and is a luxury we can't afford. I think Powell would like to see a left (or right) sided midfielder in the Tilson mould rather than an out and out winger and he wanted to see if Woody could fit the bill. I think by now he'll have realised that his lack of appetite for getting stuck in rules him out.

I'd have Harry for Anton and Harrison for Fortune but I have to admit that Marc is our best option for making the ball stick up front. Sadly as has been said, neither he or Simon Cox are natural goal scorers or blessed with pace. In theory a draw would be good but as it's Gillingham only 3 points will keep me happy.

Need a win to get back into mid-table security after the lack lustre effort on Monday. Shake the team up, had enough of these heavy defeats that come along every few games, shocking goal difference this season. Think we will get it with a close 2-1 win, Gillingham not in great form after their great run from November through to February.

I would play

Oxley

Demetriou - White - Turner - Coker

McLaughlin - Mantom - Timlin - Kightly

Cox - Harrison

subs - Bishop - Ferdinand - McGlashan - Wright - Wordsworth - Yearwood - Fortune

Yearwood needs a breather, Wordsworth a luxury at the moment, Fortune save for Blackburn, McGlashan should always be on the bench for his pace and heart (obviously has no future under SCP). I would make Timlin the anchor in midfield for his bite and let Mantom probe further forward (has a good engine and always finds a blue shirt with his passes) behind the front two. Harrison to get off the mark with Kightly the other scorer. Crowd of 8300 (1400 Gills). UTB

Back