• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mighty Shrimper

Manager
Given that we have a pretty large squad at the moment and the fact that we will have only played a match 3 days previous to this game, i'd give some of the other lads a go in this one.

We know that Grant and Barker are doubts for the game so straight away, we'll leave these two out so i'm thinking something like this:

-------------------------------------Morris------------------------------------------

Leonard------------------phillips--------------Coughlan----------------------Gilbert

------------------------------------Ferdinand-----------------------------------------

---------------------------Sawyer--------------N'Diaye------------------------------

----------Dickinson-----------------Mohsni------------------Crawford----------------

Not sure if Dickinson will be risked from the start. I expect Harris to play, perhaps with Crawford. Don't think n'diaye will be involved, can see Sawyer and Ferdinand getting chances, especially if Granty is not fit. Not much width there either, I'd like to see Johnson given another go.

In an ideal world, i'd have Harris playing but he's 34 now and it takes players that age longer to recover after matches.

Harris is a vital striker this season and with the League being the priority over the carling cup, it's not worth risking him when Corr and Sturrock won't be fit for a while and Dickinson isn't fully upto scratch.

Crawford will not play he's looking for a move (loan?) elsewhere.

I would agree with your back 4, maybe not gilbert as he wasn't even in the squad yesterday, think we may give prosser another go at lb. Also maybe stick Mohsni at the back.

Agree with the midfield presuming we are playing 4-3-3

Would go for Dickinson, Mohsni/Harris , Hall/Johnson up top so:

Morris

Leonard, Phillips, Coughlan/Mohsni, Prosser

Ferdinand, N'Diaye, Sawyer

Dickinson, Mohsni/Harris, Hall/Johnson

Subs: Bentley, Coughlan, Gilbert, Kalala, Hall/Johnson ,Harris/Mohsni, Asante

PS already said on the radio he will be changing things as some have knocks and others need to be protected.

I'll go for...

Morris
Leonard
Coughlan/Phillips
Prosser
Gilbert
Sawyer
Ferdinand
Ndiaye
Johnson
Crawford
Mohsni

Dont think Dicko is strong enough to start, but maybe give him longer - 30 mins in the 2nd half. Blair might make the bench for a late cameo too perhaps?

If Phillips is physically up to it, I'd play him again to get him as many games as poss, but not at the expense of getting injured.

Another thing to remember, we don't have many reserve games this season with so many teams pulling out so I feel we need to use games like this to give the fringe players 90 minutes.

The league has to come first and for me, i'm willing to risk not playing our best XI in games like this to keep the others fit.

I don't see why Crawford wouldnt play, he was on the bench yesterday afterall.

Looking at my first post, i'd probably take Mohsni out and put Johnson in with Dickinson in the middle of the front 3 for width as Jai said.

If we play like we did on Saturday, you can put out the under 11s with a guest appearance from Tony Richards and still win.

Its a tricky one and getting the right balance is key. You dont want to keep chopping and changing too much, especially this early on in the season! We may go 433/451 just because of the nature of the squad! Its almost impossible to guess the team but here's mine if we go with the 433 option!

Morris

Clohessy
Phillips
Prosser
Gilbert

Sawyer
Kalala
Ferdinand

JJ
Harris
Hall

I could be totally wrong though ! :whistling:

I think all the players are still not match sharp yet so i would field the strongest side available and not use it as a game to play fringe players, when there are to many changes to a team a player who is trying to get in starting line needs to play with the other first choices so you can see what they really can do so i would suggest only one or two changes to start.
if you ask most players i think they would prefer that too as fans are so very quick to say they are not good enough without appreciating its not a settled side.
Also to beat Orient is a must for the fans and also could lead to a big gate against higher level opposition lets face it we could do with the money.

Morris

Leonard
Phillips
Coughlan
Prosser

Sawyer
N'Diaye
Ferdinand

Hall
Mohsni
Harris

Bentley
Leonard
Phillips
Barker
Prosser
Ferdinand
N'Diaye
Sawyer
Kalala
Moshini
Crawford

Subs
Morris
Clohessy
Hall
Harris
Dickinson

I think Dickenson and Ferdinand will get starts to try and get them some more minutes under their belts. Sawyer to start too I suspect as he's obviously right on the fringe of the starting 11. I think Sturrock will want to give Prosser a bit more practice at LB so will leave him there. Depending on whether he wants to keep the back 5 the same, he may opt to give Leonard a game in place of Clohessy. Obviously if Barker is not fit, then Coughlan will get a start

Morris
Clohessy Barker (or Coughlan) Phillips Prosser

Sawyer Ferdinand Kalala Hall

Mohsni Harris

Subs:- Bentley, Leonard, Dickinson, N'Diaye, Johnson
and I believe 7 subs so Woodyard (or Grant if fit), Coughlan (or Gilbert)

Keep the back "five" intact if possible and give Kane and ASBO some time on the pitch

We need to win this game and hopefully give us a cup run therefore we have to field the strongest side possible

Given that a few are carrying knocks and Luggy specifically mentioned making changes, I reckon the team will be:

Morris

Clohessy Phillips Mohsni Prosser

Hall Ferdinand Sawyer JJ

Harris Dickinson

Subs: Bentley, Crawford, Gilbert, Leonard, Kalala

What do you think we can expect attendance-wise? Does anyone know how much of the Leyton allocation has been taken?

What do you think we can expect attendance-wise? Does anyone know how much of the Leyton allocation has been taken?

Well, looking at the previous 1st round attendances at RH over the last decade. I would say somewhere around the 4,000-4,500 mark. You would expect Orient to bring 800-1000 or so. The 1st round of all the cup competitions, fails to capture the imagination at pretty much every ground around the UK now.

Well, looking at the previous 1st round attendances at RH over the last decade. I would say somewhere around the 4,000-4,500 mark. You would expect Orient to bring 800-1000 or so. The 1st round of all the cup competitions, fails to capture the imagination at pretty much every ground around the UK now.

i think we'll get less than that Smiffy. We only got was it 5,100 on Saturday for the first game of the season. I know people are still on their holidays and stuff but I was really disappointed with the turnout. We've got a really positive vibe around the club at the mo with the signings over the summer and with the Prem not starting til next Saturday thought we'd get a few fairweather fans in who just wanted to see some football.

I reckon 3,500 for tomorrow night.

Back