• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd be suprised if Mohsni started, given he's on Ramadan and that means he won't have eaten/drunk since 5.30 in the morning, its another 4 hours without food/drink before the game than it was on Saturday, I don't think Sturrock will play him in a game like this, I think he might give Dickinson a start, after all, he did play an hour against Norwich last week.

I'd be suprised if Mohsni started, given he's on Ramadan and that means he won't have eaten/drunk since 5.30 in the morning, its another 4 hours without food/drink before the game than it was on Saturday, I don't think Sturrock will play him in a game like this, I think he might give Dickinson a start, after all, he did play an hour against Norwich last week.

Not for us he didnt!?

From reading todays Echo. It looks as though Bilel, Grant and Barker may not be playing. I would suggest then that Gilbert may also come in. With Prosser/Coughlan alongside Phillips at Centre Half. With Kane/Sawyer/N'diaye dropping into Centre Mid and perhaps Dickinson getting a start up top.

So my line up would be:

................Morris

Clohessy Phillips Prosser Gilbert

Hall ......JP .......Sawyer ......JJ

..........Harris.. Dickinson

poor old luggy, having a squad to choose from

.Morris

Clohessy Phillips Coughlan/ferdinand Prosser

Hall ......JP .......Sawyer ......JJ

i reckon it will be that or similar, prosser is not gonna be hurt by another game at left back as he strikes me as a bit of a confidence player and he will be flying after saturday and rightly so. I reckon harris and dickinson will start but neither will finish the match

Im quite looking forward to it

So in summary we should either field the same team so they can get match fit or replace them all as we do not have many reserve games - or somewhere in between.

:winking:

We should for the Orient fans, play some of our better players, it would be nice for them to travel up and see some decent footballers. After all, they are only coming to see the Southend aren't they? We don't want to let them down.

:smile:

We need to win this game and hopefully give us a cup run therefore we have to field the strongest side possible

100% agree. It is the start of the season, we need momentum ASAP, and if we continue to win the crowds will come back. 5100 on saturday was not good, even when you compare it to the other gates on Saturday

The only downside to a cup run is when we start beating the 'big teams' it will highlight Moshni to a wider audience :nope:

Not for us he didnt!?
Sorry, it was against Canvey, not quite the same opposition... but the point remains, he managed an hour of football 10 days ago, I'd think he's fit enough to start by now? Even if he doesnt make the full 90

SMS from club says:

Anthony Grant and Chris Barker will not feature against Leyton Orient. While Bilel Mohsni will be assessed. Liam Dickinson and Kane Ferdinand could feature.

So:
...................Morris

Hall ......JP ......Ferdinand ......JJ

Or perhaps?:

...................Morris

....................JP ......

Hall........ Ferdinand .............JJ

................Sawyer

..............Dickinson

Last edited:
Presuming now that Mohsni, Barker and Grant are going to be rested, my team would be as follows. I'd like to see Leonard given a go as by all accounts he was impressive in pre-season and Clohessy plays every single game. I wouldn't give Dickinson a start just yet, give young Harry a go instead.

Morris

Leonard Phillips Prosser Gilbert

Hall Sawyer Kalala Johnson

Harris Crawford

Subs (is it 5 or 7 for the league cup now?): Bentley, Clohessy, Ferdinand, Dickinson, Asante (plus Coughlan and N'Diaye if it's 7).

I agree with saafender on the attendance, can't see it being more than 3,500. And I don't think the sadOs will bring much more than 600. Would like to be proved wrong.

Does he observe Ramadan, you seem to no that he does. If so the lack of water intake in games this month be the afternoon or evening, could see him drift out of games late on, as it must affect his energy levels, i have seen a few Turkish guys, although hardly athletes totally wasted b lack of water

Does he observe Ramadan, you seem to no that he does. If so the lack of water intake in games this month be the afternoon or evening, could see him drift out of games late on, as it must affect his energy levels, i have seen a few Turkish guys, although hardly athletes totally wasted b lack of water

PS confirmed on Saturday after the game.

Maybe an evening game will be better as the fasting will be over during the half time interval so he will be able to rehydrate then,

I say give young Daniel Bentley a go!!
Find out whether he is ready or not as a proffesional player!

My side would be:

Morris
Leonard Phillips Coughlan Prosser
Hall Sawyer Ferdinand Johnson
Harris Dickinson

SUBS:
Bentley
Clohessy
Kalala
Crawford
N'Diaye
Gilbert
Asante

We need to win this game and hopefully give us a cup run therefore we have to field the strongest side possible

couldnt agree more

Absolutely - are people on here under delusions of grandeur? Have I missed something? Should we be saving our best players for the Champions League Group Stages? It's a game we should be going all out to win...Ok it's only Orient, not a proper team, but we should still be looking to make sure we win the game.

I'm sure come the Spring when we're running out at Wembley to take on Manchester Untied in the final, people will be tutting, rolling their eyes and muttering "we should have given Crawford a game back in August, rather than playing in this Mickey Mouse cup"

I heard from someone at the club that Orient have bought 750 tickets and the expected turnout should be around 3500 in total tomorrow.

There is an article in today Echo saying how he does and he has thanked PS for allowing to only go to morning training sessions during this month.

Back