• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
I can't sleep so here goes.
An amazing run of results, built on an obscene commitment to keep clean sheets has led us to this massive game. Luton have it all to play for as they attempt to reach the play offs. We of course need a win to take the promotion race into the last day of the season. I expect a crowd of over 9k to be at the hall and let's spread the word early doors....Make some noise...back the boys in blue.
Worral to start...offers a bit more than Mcgoughlin. My only other change may be up top...but not sure what. Cassidy not really doing it for me...maybe bring the pig back???
And not to forget many eyes on the Wycombe game too...still need a bit of help there.

Agreed. Worrall in for McLoughlin and Pigott back in for Cassidy.

White back in for Leonard if fit? Agree with the above posts for other changes.

Would say it's a massive game but they all are now regardless of who we were up against. Let's get revenge for what happened at their place.

White back in for Leonard if fit? Agree with the above posts for other changes.

Would say it's a massive game but they all are now regardless of who we were up against. Let's get revenge for what happened at their place.

Before tonight I would have put white back in...no doubt. But lenny made some match winning tackles tonight

Agree with all of the above.

With Payne poised nicely as an impact sub. His influence after coming on in the last two games has been incredible. Played a huge hand in Timlin's winner at Exeter and won the freekick for Wozza's tonight. Been good to see more of him lately.

Agree with all of the above.

With Payne poised nicely as an impact sub. His influence after coming on in the last two games has been incredible. Played a huge hand in Timlin's winner at Exeter and won the freekick for Wozza's tonight. Been good to see more of him lately.

Yeah he has not featured for a while but has affected games well of late. May brown be tempted to start him.

Yeah he has not featured for a while but has affected games well of late. May brown be tempted to start him.

Crossed my mind but I think Brown will only ever play him off the main striker in the hole, which is effectively a 4-5-1. Don't see Brown going for a 4-5-1 at home to Luton in what is a must win game if we want autos, so think he may well opt to continue with the 4-4-2 and bring Payne on at around 60-65mins if we're losing or drawing.

Crossed my mind but I think Brown will only ever play him off the main striker in the hole, which is effectively a 4-5-1. Don't see Brown going for a 4-5-1 at home to Luton in what is a must win game if we want autos, so think he may well opt to continue with the 4-4-2 and bring Payne on at around 60-65mins if we're losing or drawing.

Me too.....although another view could be that Luton will be having a right go at us and therefore a more counter attacking plan could work....payne carrying the ball so well at times could help immensely...

In Brown I trust for the team selection. Never thought I'd say that. I trust Barrett will start. NEVER thought I'd say that.

Well my Saturday night is shaping up beautifully. That's a 10pm start for me and I think I will hit the bars at around 9pm. 7 games to go I think it's fair to say nobody dared to dream the impossible. It's still out of our hands but all we can do is, hopefully win. We need to focus on our results first but I'd much rather be in our position at the moment than Wycombe's. Never forget if they win both their games then they deserve to go up. Especially if they hit that with an injury and suspension ravaged squad.

At the moment Morecambe hold the key to 3rd spot but all the conjecture and calculations come to nothing because first we have a very tough game on Saturday against a strong team coming with everything to play for. The plus side of that is that they won't be coming to play shut up shop.

Fair play to Brown and his crew. Fitness and mentality seems (from afar) to be top drawer. Squad spirit is flying and many games in many days is no issue when adrenaline, self-belief and robustness are in play.

Won't be able to go Saturday as I have to man my art exhibition in the afternoon, so I'll definitely be taking a DAB radio with me to tune in!

Think Saturday will be an open game as Luton will be desperate to win to keep in the play-off hunt, which could play into our hands and result in a game like the Newport match, could well be a game for Piggott to start, think El Tango will have to play it by ear as to whether Worrall is up to a start after all he's been through as I'm sure last night will have been a big emotional drain on him.

I believe that we will beat Luton. But so much of our hopes rest with Morecambe FC. Unlike Luton they have nothing to play for. I hope that they will maintain a wholehearted professional approach at Wycombe and then move into end of term mode for us - shall we allow them to bring their toys and not wear their uniforms?

Bentley
lenny barrett bolger Coker
Worrall Timlin deegan Atkinson
Corr piggy

Brown may say otherwise...payne for piggy maybe and white for lenny????
All good selection headaches to have

Interestingly, Luton have only won 3 since Valentine's Day, and 2 of those wins have come against Tranmere and Hartlepool. While it seems that their form has picked up, they've had an easier run of games which has seen them get those two wins against the teams fighting relegation and a draw against Daggers.

They are yet to win an away game by more than a one goal margin and are yet to score more than two goals away from home.

Will post up a more detailed statistical preview later on today.

Interestingly, Luton have only won 3 since Valentine's Day, and 2 of those wins have come against Tranmere and Hartlepool. While it seems that their form has picked up, they've had an easier run of games which has seen them get those two wins against the teams fighting relegation and a draw against Daggers.

They are yet to win an away game by more than a one goal margin and are yet to score more than two goals away from home.

Will post up a more detailed statistical preview later on today.

Good work....Luton not the force they were early season

Posted the same thing yesterday, they arent in good form at all, 2 wins in 11 or so games and only against teams in bottom 3.

Not to be taken for granted though, still fighting for a play-off place.

I've an inkling that we may conceed finally in this one. 1-0 down early to an Elliot Lee poachers effort before Barry Corr (who else?) brings us level in the 78th minute and Ryan Leonard gets the winner in stoppage time.

I've an inkling that we may conceed finally in this one. 1-0 down early to an Elliot Lee poachers effort before Barry Corr (who else?) brings us level in the 78th minute and Ryan Leonard gets the winner in stoppage time.

In that case we'd better warn Southend General Hospital to expect a rush of cardiac arrest patients..........

I just remember how they dominated us more than any team this season at their place and it makes me very nervous. I hope Bolger has a better game than he did against them previously.

Back