• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Maidenhead, Tuesday 19th September, 19:45ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 50 70.4%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • Noor Husin

• Wes Fonguck

• Callum Powell

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Jack Wood

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • Oli Coker (if fit)

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Harry Taylor (if red card appealed and rescinded)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss (if red card appealed and rescinded)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • David Martin (if allowed to be registered)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Brooklyn Kabongolo (if allowed to be registered)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ….

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Win

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, like @RHB, am totally against any pitch invasion tonight, Saturday or against Oxford City. The management team are already under huge pressure and working miracles.

They do this DESPITE our owner and we all support them for doing so. There seem to be nowhere near enough superlatives to describe our feelings for the management team and the players so far, the effort they are putting in against all odds to keep trying to get results in the face of complete adversity.

Has anyone considered how they might feel if we then go and make it worse by invading the pitch, which could give us a points deduction or even worse, getting the game abandoned meaning we will probably have to forfeit the match with a 3-0 defeat?

This is not helping the club. Yes, it will get attention but who are we trying to appeal to? What on earth do we think is going to happen at this stage? No new buyer is going to come in, we've been in the press, on the TV and radio, people know and don't really care. Ron doesn't give a stuff either by the looks of things.

Any sympathy or understanding I have for the protesters (which is considerable bearing in mind I actually have been against the protests in general) will go sailing out of the window as soon as someone goes on the pitch. #MartinOut and saving the club are linked, but saving the club must be done, first and foremost.

I, like @RHB, am totally against any pitch invasion tonight, Saturday or against Oxford City. The management team are already under huge pressure and working miracles.

They do this DESPITE our owner and we all support them for doing so. There seem to be nowhere near enough superlatives to describe our feelings for the management team and the players so far, the effort they are putting in against all odds to keep trying to get results in the face of complete adversity.

Has anyone considered how they might feel if we then go and make it worse by invading the pitch, which could give us a points deduction or even worse, getting the game abandoned meaning we will probably have to forfeit the match with a 3-0 defeat?

This is not helping the club. Yes, it will get attention but who are we trying to appeal to? What on earth do we think is going to happen at this stage? No new buyer is going to come in, we've been in the press, on the TV and radio, people know and don't really care. Ron doesn't give a stuff either by the looks of things.

Any sympathy or understanding I have for the protesters (which is considerable bearing in mind I actually have been against the protests in general) will go sailing out of the window as soon as someone goes on the pitch. #MartinOut and saving the club are linked, but saving the club must be done, first and foremost.
If drastic action isn’t taken then all that hard good work from the management team and players will be of no use come October the 4th.

We need the awareness to be on another level tonight

If drastic action isn’t taken then all that hard good work from the management team and players will be of no use come October the 4th.

If it's a pitch incursion then awareness will not be a problem. But for every action there is a reaction and if the ref decides to abandon the game what will the outcome be then? I doubt Ron will reaching for his 'Sign here' pen as a result.

If drastic action isn’t taken then all that hard good work from the management team and players might be of no use come October the 4th.

Corrected.

At this stage none of us actually know what's going to happen on October 4th and if we survive but get relegated then no one will be thanking the people who invaded the pitch and cost us 3 points if they are the points that would have kept us up.

I agree.

Originally I was for it purely for the benefit of player welfare. But Kev has said he will get a team out so we should respect and support that. A pitch invasion will only hurt and affect us. RM won't give a damn. The coaching team and players could and should have walked, but out of loyalty, this small group hasn't. If anything, we owe that loyalty to them by giving them our full support back. Lots of ways to protest, I'm sure something has been arranged. But stay off the pitch guys.

Corrected.

At this stage none of us actually know what's going to happen on October 4th and if we survive but get relegated then no one will be thanking the people who invaded the pitch and cost us 3 points if they are the points that would have kept us up.
Posted in another thread - very rare to be deducted points for pitch invasions. Brighton had a suspended 3pt deduction for pitch invasion which after another pitch invasion a 2pt deduction was actually imposed.

Corrected.

3 point deduction based on what National League rule/precedent? Scunthorpe invaded the pitch last season, no deduction. Oldham invaded the pitch this season and the game was stopped early, no deduction.

I’m not saying people should invade the pitch. But this points deduction scaremongering is completely baseless.

3 point deduction based on what National League rule/precedent? Scunthorpe invaded the pitch last season, no deduction. Oldham invaded the pitch this season and the game was stopped early, no deduction.

I’m not saying people should invade the pitch. But this points deduction scaremongering is completely baseless.
Indeed. We’ve invaded the pitch on two or three occasions since we have been in the NL. No fines and no points deductions. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen if course, but it’s unlikely.

More concerned about player safety and the affect to the teams pressure on the opposition .. if we were to get an early goal, then have to stop for a pitch invasion, then go on to lose!.

More concerned about player safety and the affect to the teams pressure on the opposition .. if we were to get an early goal, then have to stop for a pitch invasion, then go on to lose!.
Tonight is a complete lottery.

1. We might have a goalkeeper
2. We might have 12 players
3. We might have 13 or 14 players
4. We might have away fans
5. We might have floodlights
6. We might have tennis balls
7. We might have a pitch invasion

Have I missed any other possibilities??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back