• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
This Tuesday evening, under the floodlights and after getting past the " picket line" we are 3 games from Wembley.
In our last cup opportunity I expect PB to put out a strong team and entertain.

Oxley
Demetrieu, Thommo, Ferdinand, Timlin
Hines, Lenny, Wordsworth, Atko
Ranger, Cox

MacL is not "dropped" but rested to let Hines have his start and chance to show he is worth keeping.

Tricky shout for this game. I have no doubt Ron wants the team to go as far as possible, Wembley hopefully from a money making perspective, but we also have Coventry as a close follower so maybe some of the fringe players need some game time. I reckon that Barrett will make an appearance and possibly O'Neill, Hines and McGlashan.

Tricky shout for this game. I have no doubt Ron wants the team to go as far as possible, Wembley hopefully from a money making perspective, but we also have Coventry as a close follower so maybe some of the fringe players need some game time. I reckon that Barrett will make an appearance and possibly O'Neill, Hines and McGlashan.
If Ron wants to get as far as possible,I doubt Barrett will play.I hope not!

Smith

White Thompson Ferdinand kyprianou

McGlashan leonard timlin Hines

Fortune Ranger

Obviously we can't know until the game itself , but hope we haven't lost some momentum with the break we've had !
I know we didn't win the last couple , but we were building up a good spirit and we're playing well.
Sometimes it's good to recharge batteries but others it can be flat.
Not the most positive if posts , but just a little concerned.

It seems that Oxford did not play well at the weekend so I wonder if that will mean a rocket up their arses from the manager and a chance for their fringe players to come in and stake a claim to start for their next league match against relegation threatened Oldham.

Obviously we can't know until the game itself , but hope we haven't lost some momentum with the break we've had !
I know we didn't win the last couple , but we were building up a good spirit and we're playing well.
Sometimes it's good to recharge batteries but others it can be flat.
Not the most positive if posts , but just a little concerned.

Absolutely - best to have this game now and not wait till the weekend before playing I think. :thumbsup:

Worked out really well the timing of this game. Players have had a bit of rest, but not as long as some, but longer than others who were in FA Cup action at the weekend.

I think Oxford will have one eye managing the FA Cup replay adding to an already busy December.

I dont expect PB to play a complete first choice eleven, but I dont think there will be more than 1 or 2 changes at most as he will not want the players to have a complete 2 weeks off.

I would imagine it would be an attack minded sub bench also, as I understand there is no extra time from now on, so straight to penalties after the normal 90 minutes.

It seems that Oxford did not play well at the weekend so I wonder if that will mean a rocket up their arses from the manager and a chance for their fringe players to come in and stake a claim to start for their next league match against relegation threatened Oldham.
If you think Oxford will get a rocket up their backside for their performance against Macc, what item would you suggest our next league opponents (Coventry), get up their rear-end after their abysmal no-show at Cambridge yesterday?

If you think Oxford will get a rocket up their backside for their performance against Macc, what item would you suggest our next league opponents (Coventry), get up their rear-end after their abysmal no-show at Cambridge yesterday?

Yes, they (Coventry) seem to be in a dire position at the moment ............. but a cornered animal is a dangerous animal. I would suggest a break from training and some general relaxation for the Coventry team for the next 4 or 5 days to help them get over the Sunday result. :thumbsup: :whistling:

CP has just tweeted that Kyprianou and Bedford are in the squad for tonights game, but remains to be seen if they make the bench.

I would think about having Kypo as left back ........... that would put Tims on the bench who can then be possible cover for either the midfield or left back if needed.

Back