• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Home games are coming thick and fast at the moment. This Saturday brings The Posh to Roots Hall on the back of our brilliant/good/lucky/very unlucky/in spite of Oxley/ because of Oxley (delete as appropriate) win over Oxford.

I reckon PB will start with the same eleven from Tuesday unless there are tired legs from Barrett or Ferdinand maybe. In which case Thompson will come in. I would prefer Sokolik, but it appears he has dropped down the queue.

Over to you lot.

Tired legs for Wordsworth, Anton and perhaps Inniss ........... but that should be sorted out by Friday at the latest so I don't think that will be used as a reason to change the team.

Overall it does seem likely that Brown will stick to the same starting XI .............. but perhaps our large tent man (Cox) will be back if Brown reverts to a 4-4-2 to upset any Peterborough plans.

Peterborough had a man sent off on Tuesday night as well.

No player had less than a good game on Tuesday so unless there are injuries then the same starting XI .
I pondered on the non use of our 3rd sub on Tuesday; I expected Cox to replace Mooney for the last 10 minutes and my guess is that PB needed to keep a sub option available due to concern over other players, such as Ferdinand.

We badly need to get that clean sheet mentality back at home. The last time we kept a clean sheet in the league at home was against Col U on 6th February, which is worrying (fair enough we've won our last 2 home games, but we're not going to keep scoring 2 or 3).

Would love a 1-0. Wordsworth to score again.

There were alarm bell signs against Oxford that by having Leonard and Wordsworth as the middle 2 that we surrendered huge areas of the pitch and invited their midfield to attack the back 5 which they did time and again.

Peterborough's two leading scorers are Edwards (5) and Maddison (4) - both midfielders and their goals were all scored in League games .

I hope that PB decides to try and plug that gap which O'Neil did well when he came on for McGlashan - if not then I fear that we could be in a bit of bother.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of a flat back 4 on Saturday with perhaps Ferdinand playing just in front of Barrett and Innis and the full backs tucked back in.

Fighting talk from a Posh rag ;

"Peterborough United will dish out a hammering soon and it might come in Saturday’s (October 1) League One clash at Southend. That’s the view of many Posh fans who are witnessing some great attacking football ruined by an inability to find a way past some very impressive goalkeepers."

One win, i can only see one lose coming up. when was the last time Southend put in back to back wins. I really hope im wrong, no one would be more delighted than me if i am wrong.

One win, i can only see one lose coming up. when was the last time Southend put in back to back wins. I really hope im wrong, no one would be more delighted than me if i am wrong.

We're on 3 back to back home wins at nearly fortress Roots Hall I'll have you know.

Rootshallbloke more power to your elbow mate. Come on Blues prove me wrong, what do i know, out here in the land of dodgy carpets, and a even more dodgy president.

Rootshallbloke more power to your elbow mate. Come on Blues prove me wrong, what do i know, out here in the land of dodgy carpets, and a even more dodgy president.

But think of all the beautiful baklava there is to be had. Now serving some of that in the East Stand would be an improvement in the catering. :smile:

Fighting talk from a Posh rag ;

"Peterborough United will dish out a hammering soon and it might come in Saturday’s (October 1) League One clash at Southend. That’s the view of many Posh fans who are witnessing some great attacking football ruined by an inability to find a way past some very impressive goalkeepers."

If it's gonna take an impressive keeper to keep them at bay we are forked.

I will be coming down for my high school re union tomorrow FrI so will be going to the game on Saturday, my third in 3 years and yet to see us loose, if there is anyone on here who still remembers me ( KEITH MCGHIE) pm me and arrange a wee drink before the game

But think of all the beautiful baklava there is to be had. Now serving some of that in the East Stand would be an improvement in the catering. :smile:
And a few Efes Malts at about 8 lira, just over 2 quid, bloody beer gone up so much just lately. Anywayof topic COYB.

Just been posting up a few pics from old Southend v Posh progs on my Roots To The 92 Facebook page including this one from '71 - what would wouldn't we give now for a forward line-up of Best, Garner and Moore? Happy days:smile:
DSC_1040.jpg

Be interesting to see how Moncur v Leonard goes in midfield. Lenny will not have forgotten the injury last season which kept him out for so long.

Back