• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I will be coming down for my high school re union tomorrow FrI so will be going to the game on Saturday, my third in 3 years and yet to see us loose, if there is anyone on here who still remembers me ( KEITH MCGHIE) pm me and arrange a wee drink before the game

We've been pretty loose for much of the season.:smile:

Peterborough is a team that are up & down in their league, I would keep same team but if we going to play 4-4-2, one of our central back gas to be dropped & Replace Mooney with Fortune (as he big, strong & hold the ball up) alongside Cox. Otherwise we keep the same team that beat Oxford, but the 2nd half display a worry, so that might play in PB mind!

You never can tell with Brown. Were Brown to keep the same XI as for Oxford I would not be surprised. And were Brown to go to a 4-4-2 I would not be surprised but if that were the case I would expect to see Mooney and Cox up front to start with - and as Polish Blues says that means we have to drop one of the central defenders.

And then if we did go to 4-4-2 Brown might not play McLaughlin and McGlashan but perhaps put in a more holding midfielder to shore up one side of the team.

I suspect it keeps Posh guessing as well.

Overall I quite like the fact that there are team selections to discuss .............. but a greater part of me still does not like the fact that we have never (well, hardly ever) had a settled XI.

If we play Mooney and Cox together we'll be awful, they just don't work together, either play one up front on his own or have Mooney/Cox with Fortune.

For those of you who like a Football bet, especially on the Shrimpers. I have just been in the bookies after watching us practice a few set pieces. Now obviously I wouldn't reveal anything on here, as the Telegraph may be observing the zone. For the record I don't know the team for tomorrow.

Inniss was not on the list for goal scorers. So I have just had a few bob on first goal scorer at 40/1 and anytime 12/1....Might be worth a punt. :winking:

Stat ;

Southend last kept a clean sheet at home 14 games ago. (surely we are the only team in the FL who can 'boast' that?)

We are trailing 0 5 with 20 let on the clock,

Phil brings on Fortune,Marc's first touch top left 1 5...40 seconds later he buries a header 2 5...75th minute he beats 3 men and smashes it in off the bar 3 5....88th minute he converts from the spot 4 5...91st minute Marc glances in another header 5 5....95th minute Marc chips one in from the halfway line 6 5 the winning goal.

Fans run on the pitch picking up Marc and begin singing "for his a jolly good fellow" whilst throwing their caps in the air.

Next day Phil has been classed as a master tactician and becomes England gaffer ,Brian takes a job in Rossi flogging cones,Marc becomes player boss and propels the team into the prem,FF is completed with a statue of Ron as big as a tower block.

Phil wins the WC in Russia whilst Ron has become Sir Ron,Brian has been promoted to driving the ice cream van.

Phil brings on Fortune,Marc's first touch top left 1 5...40 seconds later he buries a header 2 5...75th minute he beats 3 men and smashes it in off the bar 3 5....88th minute he converts from the spot 4 5...91st minute Marc glances in another header 5 5....95th minute Marc chips one in from the halfway line 6 5 the winning goal.

Fans run on the pitch picking up Marc and begin singing "for his a jolly good fellow" whilst throwing their caps in the air.

Next day Phil has been classed as a master tactician and becomes England gaffer ,Brian takes a job in Rossi flogging cones,Marc becomes player boss and propels the team into the prem,FF is completed with a statue of Ron as big as a tower block.

Phil wins the WC in Russia whilst Ron has become Sir Ron,Brian has been promoted to driving the ice cream van.

None of which you will see.....You don't go any more, remember.

For those of you who like a Football bet, especially on the Shrimpers. I have just been in the bookies after watching us practice a few set pieces. Now obviously I wouldn't reveal anything on here, as the Telegraph may be observing the zone. For the record I don't know the team for tomorrow.

Inniss was not on the list for goal scorers. So I have just had a few bob on first goal scorer at 40/1 and anytime 12/1....Might be worth a punt. :winking:

I like your inside info but unfortunately we are weak as kittens at set-pieces, when was the last time we scored a header from a corner? February?

Even if Inniss was banging them in, he would have been up against our defenders, who cannot defend set-pieces for toffee.

I like your inside info but unfortunately we are weak as kittens at set-pieces, when was the last time we scored a header from a corner? February?

Even if Inniss was banging them in, he would have been up against our defenders, who cannot defend set-pieces for toffee.

Much of the reason we don't score from or defend set pieces has been the lack of height. If the likes of Innis, Ranger, Fortune and Wordsworth feature on a regular basis then I am sure we will see better outcomes.

Can't wait to see Innis established in the team and knocking a few in.....:omg: (from corners)

No wish to curb your eagerness mate but in his 33 appearances with various clubs,his total number of goals scored amounts to............ 0!

No wish to curb your eagerness mate but in his 33 appearances with various clubs,his total number of goals scored amounts to............ 0!

Or ............... he is likely to score at some point if he remains as a professional footballer so every game that he plays is a game when he is closer to that time when he scores. :thumbsup:

He always play width for the like of WBA, and in attacking 3 in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation for Wigan & Celtic.

That's a bit silly:stunned:

Where's is this from? Wikipedia has him on loads of goals at various clubs.

He scored 4 for coventry last season.

Back