• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
There's a game tomorrow and it's against our old friends Peterborough United.

I say friends. More a sort of distant cousin who we occasionally visit but don't really like that much.

In fact, they're a bit of a nuisance, really. The sort of team that comes here and scores in the last minute.

Still, on the positive side, they've lost 3 on the trot, including Saturday's frankly embarrassing defeat at home to Gillingham. I mean, even we managed to draw against them!

Grant McCann has stated he doesn't intend to "throw the toys out of the pram" so they should arrive with cool heads.

So, what about us, then?

PB has the usual injury and availability crisis, brought on by the hotheadedness of a couple of players and an injury list that wouldn't look out of place in Helmand Province.

Team wise, I think there'll be changes. Well, there'll have to be as one of our players went for an early bath on Saturday!

Fully expect Cox to start and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of senior pros will be biting the dust and warming the bench.

I hope Lenny gets moved back into midfield. That's one thing, for sure.

Apart from that, your guess is as good as mine.

I've got me ticket. South Upper. I can scrutinize our defence from up there and have a friendly bit of banter with Tims. He likes that!

Bring it on! :happy:

It's a bit early for this thread yet Andy, isn't it? I haven't finished blame and Brown out mode yet. I suppose I better have a stab at a team:

Oxley
Bwomlono Turner White Hendrie
Demetriou Wright Lenny Wordsworth
Cox Ranger

Haven't a clue on the bench. Going back to moaning and blaming now, woo hoo!

:smile:

Yep, I know it's a way off, but there's lots to discuss!

I actually like that team you've suggested.

Wright and Demi already link up well and it lends itself more to a pass and move at pace style of play, with Coxy and Wordy in there.

Lenny can cover the defence and Hendrie gives an attacking option on the left, if we need to switch play.

Yep, it's a yes from me! :thumbsup:

Easy selection!
4 4 2

Ox
Demi, JW, Turner, Hendrie
MacL, Len, Woody, Tims
Nile, Cox

3 nil Blues, 6212 in attendance.

---------------------------oxley--------------------
demetriou------matsuzuka----white------hendrie
------------------leonard------wright-------------
--------yearwood-------cox----wordsworth-----
------------------------ranger----------------------

bridge,timlin,robinson,mclaughlin,turner,elvis,bishop

Oxley

Demetriou white matsuzaka Hendrie

Wright Lenny wordy

Yearwood

Cox Fortune

Whatever the lineup is we really need a natural holding midfielder to play in front of the back four, this must be Lenny or Timlin. Saturdays midfield consisted just of players who are better going forward. The back four is weak at the moment and must have some protection.

Has there been any explanation from PB as to why Turner did not even make the bench last Saturday? And this after the build up which we were given mid week about a surprise start for Turner. I wonder if the injury flared up in training? And hasn't it been said that Kightly is back in full training as from today? So a bench place for him perhaps. Or more likely on Saturday v Walsall.

Has there been any explanation from PB as to why Turner did not even make the bench last Saturday? And this after the build up which we were given mid week about a surprise start for Turner. I wonder if the injury flared up in training? And hasn't it been said that Kightly is back in full training as from today? So a bench place for him perhaps. Or more likely on Saturday v Walsall.

He didn't play the U23s game he was expected to, people assumed that meant Brown was resting him for Saturday but given he didn't even make the bench it more likely means he wasn't fit enough to play it.

Oxley
Demitrou Leonard White Hendrie
Yearwood Wright Wordsworth Timlin
Cox Ranger​

Matsuzaka at CB......never:hilarious:

Yes that would be crazy wouldnt it ..... picking the young Japanese International Centre Back who is captain of our reserve team and has played well all season at Centre back , who has been with the club for about 3 years and actually has a load of pace & from the matches i've seen reads the game really well ...

So instead Brown has gone for midfielder Lenny ( leaving a gaping casm in front of defence ) , full back White (to be fair, our player of season so far ) , Old Man Ferdinand (my granny could turn quicker ) , Left wingback Harry ( the kid did quite well ) and was even considering midgets Timlin & Demetriou there!!!!!

Bizarre , just bizarre

Anyway , provided we all get right behind the boys in blue tomorrow + get Roots Hall rocking i reckon we will blitz hapless Posh tomorrow night. We think we've got problems ? They've lost 3 on the trot including defeats to Oldham + Gillingham so they are massively lacking confidence. If you feel like you cant attend without shouting abuse at someone then rant at the opposition not our lads please --- they will crack under the pressure !!! They have old Geordie carthorse Steven Taylor at CB - he's hardly played for the past 2 or 3 years and makes Turner + Ferdinand look like Usain Bolt! :winking: plus Anthony Grant is a Shrimper so he will be kind to us i'm sure

The posh chairman is that nutter Darragh MacAnthony and he has just given the manager the dreaded "vote of confidence" and their fans are baying for blood so if we get a decent start i'm sure the away fans will turn on their team aswell. That will make it easy for us !

UTB :loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter:

It's a bit early for this thread yet Andy, isn't it? I haven't finished blame and Brown out mode yet. I suppose I better have a stab at a team:

Oxley
Bwomlono Turner White Hendrie
Demetriou Wright Lenny Wordsworth
Cox Ranger

Haven't a clue on the bench. Going back to moaning and blaming now, woo hoo!

You fell for it RHB!! You actually believed that this guy Turner exists??? Am laughing. PB has had you.
Turner indeed...Word on the street is that PB is looking at Turner being fit for the Charity Shield...should we make it!!

Back