• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season we got to the ground about 8:20pm missed Barcham scoring and was just told to sit where ever we could!

Diego Costa and Oliver Giroud have nothing on BBBC!

One up front can work and has worked but you need support from your midfield.
I am not the greatest fan of Jack Payne in this situation.
He and all the midfield except Worrall have not got forward enough to support our big man.
This is where we miss Kevan being the player he was last season!!
Bazza has done a wonderfull job up front with little or no help this season.

However i would give him a few weeks rest as if Piggy goes back to Charlton. He will be fresh and raring to go.
I would go 2 up front tom and see how it goes. Last season it was a intmidating atmosphere and we may need Bazza, Sir Adam and Hurst to calm it down latter on. They have big stadium experience

My Team tom and i cant go!!

Bentley
White Prosser Thompson Coker
Timlin
Worrall Leonard Atkinson
Cassidy Piggy

Subs P Smith Williams Barrett Payne. Coltihurst Corr Hurst

Last edited:
Bentley
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Timlin
Worrall Leonard Atkinson
Cassidy Piggy

SUBS: Smith Prosser, Payne Hurst Clifford Coltihurst Corr

2-0 Blues
:smile:

Bentley
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Timlin
Worrall Leonard Atkinson
Cassidy Piggy

SUBS: Smith Prosser, Payne Hurst Clifford Coltihurst Corr

2-0 Blues
:smile:

Bit harsh to drop Binnom-Williams altogether, but if Barrett is fit I'd definitely start him at centre back - not least because he must have spent the last few months marking Matt Tubbs in training at the Dons!

I'd go same as this, but with Binnon-Williams on the bench in place of Hurst (who is probably unfit). I reckon Brown will find a place on the bench for Weston too - probably in place of Clifford.

IMHO I do not think that Prosser and Barrett can play together at centre back. Both prefer the left side slot and to switch one of them causes problems with angles etc (due to being left footed). Keep it simple please Blues, round pegs in round holes and square pegs in square holes.

IMHO I do not think that Prosser and Barrett can play together at centre back. Both prefer the left side slot and to switch one of them causes problems with angles etc (due to being left footed). Keep it simple please Blues, round pegs in round holes and square pegs in square holes.

Do people get so bothered about this when both CBs are right-footed?

Buying my ticket on the day too, as I'm just down the road. Should be sit anywhere like last year I would imagine. There's a pub opposite the away entrance to the stadium which welcomes away fans (Goldsmith Avenue), there's also a Tesco Express next to that for anyone who may need it. I'm going for a 2-1 win (a common scoreline between the two clubs) with around 1200 shrimpers.

Buying my ticket on the day too, as I'm just down the road. Should be sit anywhere like last year I would imagine. There's a pub opposite the away entrance to the stadium which welcomes away fans (Goldsmith Avenue), there's also a Tesco Express next to that for anyone who may need it. I'm going for a 2-1 win (a common scoreline between the two clubs) with around 1200 shrimpers.

Does Tesco Express stock STELLA ? (the captain is in town)

I hate to pour cold water on the discussion .... but we (SUFC) did let in 2 goals against a team closing in on the relegation zone last weekend. Keeping a clean sheet would be good. :thumbsup:

And keeping 11 men on the pitch would be good as well. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back