• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Yeovil Town, Tuesday 11th January, 7.45pm ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 65 83.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Josh Coulson

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • John White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Harrison Neal

Votes: 64 82.1%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Abu Ogogo (injured)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Dunne (Injured)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Jack Bridge (Not available - COVID)

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Terrell Egbri

• Matt Dennis

• Sam Dalby

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 64 82.1%
  • Matt Rush

• Eren Kinali

• Collin Ndeng-Ndi

• Harry Seaden

• Leon Davies

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Win

Votes: 42 53.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are showing more confidence and some of that comes from a steadying defence and midfield. Hard to get consistency, given the Brown legacy and injuries
Again Yeovil another fit and youngish squad with just 3 over 30s to our 9. So not sure how knackered they will actually be with 14 players aged between 22 and 28 within their squad

That benefit of consistency, related to age ,shows them with 5 listed midfielders playing 100 games this season , compared to us fielding 13 listed midfielders playing 85 games

We only have 3 players playing 18 or more games, Arnold 19, Murphy and Dalby 18 each. Yeovil have 9 players who have played between 18 and 23 games, 6 of whom have played 21 to 23 matches

Reminds us that it takes a while to review and rebuild a squad and gain consistency and confidence through it, and that 6 of our older boys have had or currently have more than one injury and need careful nursing, from Whites shoulder, to Demis knee.

Is Howard injured? His not been in the squad for a while. Just wondering if Demi did have to sit this one out.

Got a good feeling about tonight. Back at the Hall under the lights, off the back of a gritty win on Saturday.

We should be more than up for this one.

Got a good feeling about tonight. Back at the Hall under the lights, off the back of a gritty win on Saturday.

We should be more than up for this one.
Ticket sells are picking up over 4500 sold now.

Just hope season ticket holders start turning up ;-)

Davies for Demi at RWB only change I'd consider for now. Try to get Bridge/Phillips back around the squad asap though/

Looking at the Division Two and National League tonights fixtures

Looking likely we have the biggest crowd tonight from these two

Not bad for a club that's tumbled down and out the football league over the few years.

Fight back has started folks :-)

One Team In Essex

If Davies is ready to start and selected we will likely have the youngest, fittest, fastest back four of Davies, Hopson, Lapata and Ralph than any we have had for a decade.
My observations on this NL is that energy and speed are essentials and can oft outweigh experience and maturity.
Midfield of Neal, Fergie and Atko ( I would have argued against selecting WA but have to accept many have praised his recent performances so needs must etc)
Same front three.

If Davies is ready to start and selected we will likely have the youngest, fittest, fastest back four of Davies, Hopson, Lapata and Ralph than any we have had for a decade.
My observations on this NL is that energy and speed are essentials and can oft outweigh experience and maturity.
Midfield of Neal, Fergie and Atko ( I would have argued against selecting WA but have to accept many have praised his recent performances so needs must etc)
Same front three.
We played 5-2-3/3-4-3 at Weymouth.

Clifford would be the fifth defender (not that he’s any older).

I wouldn’t however write off Demi, White and Coulson for this season. With younger legs around them they can be more effective. I’d expect at least one of them to play more often than not but the key will be that we won’t have all three playing together any longer.

You never know @leeblue you may be pleasantly surprised. I'm going for a comprehensive 1-0 victory for Southend. There's confidence for you.:Smile2:

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 14.36.42.png

Would seem unlikely that any playing this afternoon (with the possible exception of Seaden) will be involved in the matchday squad tonight.

Same front three.
I absolutely agree with this considering options, however it's unlikely. Will probably stick with 523 formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back