• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apart from one flap near the end, Bentley showed maturity beyond his years. Very calm on the ball, very vocal, makes being in goal look easy. The defence seem comfortable with him there too and always offered himself as an outlet. I can't remember the last time we played so many back passes and the calmness of Bentley when receiving the ball was so good to see.

And a very poor punch in the first half which we got away with. I dreaded every set piece to be honest.

What he did he did ok, but he wasnt put under any pressure and the sooner we get an experienced keeper in the better.

I hope that the for rest of the week everyone can focus on the positives that this result can bring the club rather than discuss any embargo that may or may not be in place!..... Gloom mungers .... Keep quiet!:happy:
Blue i no what you meen, and when i saw Corr and Freddy both scoring, it was such a lift, but our money problems are not going away. wether you think it should be discused or not, but i agree lets talk about a great win.

The prospect of Assom, Freddy, Tomlin and Corr as a 4 to choose from is very tasty.

A fit Harris is more than useful too, he offers a different option with his intelligence and is a big influence on his team mates when he does play.

Get Corr, Freddy & Chopper fit, try keep Assombolonga for the season then who knows :smile:

Also like to add that I am chuffed to bits that Martin is finally getting a regular start (albeit by default), it seemed that Paul Sturrock wanted rid for whatever reason but fingers crossed he is now in the side to stay. I like him and Hurst in the side. They also graft a little when things don't go there way, with a certian Mr Hall (Who I rate highly) is was very much all or nothing with his performances.

UTB

A fit Harris is more than useful too, he offers a different option with his intelligence and is a big influence on his team mates when he does play.

Get Corr, Freddy & Chopper fit, try keep Assombolonga for the season then who knows :smile:

Also like to add that I am chuffed to bits that Martin is finally getting a regular start (albeit by default), it seemed that Paul Sturrock wanted rid for whatever reason but fingers crossed he is now in the side to stay. I like him and Hurst in the side. They also graft a little when things don't go there way, with a certian Mr Hall (Who I rate highly) is was very much all or nothing with his performances.

UTB

agree with most of this, however im still yet to see martin have a good game

Also like to add that I am chuffed to bits that Martin is finally getting a regular start (albeit by default), it seemed that Paul Sturrock wanted rid for whatever reason but fingers crossed he is now in the side to stay. I like him and Hurst in the side. They also graft a little when things don't go there way, with a certian Mr Hall (Who I rate highly) is was very much all or nothing with his performances.UTB

I'm only worried with Leonard now fit whether he will return to the starting line up instead of Martin, which I think will be a mistake as I don't think Leonard has played well so far this season

I'm only worried with Leonard now fit whether he will return to the starting line up instead of Martin, which I think will be a mistake as I don't think Leonard has played well so far this season

Leonard gave more balance yesterday, has a good head and is a good mover off the ball. If we do play 3 in midfield with Freddy just behind a front 2, then Leonard is the man along with Hurst and Timlin

After yesterdays brilliant win against The Gresians I thought I'd resurrect this but with BBBC replacing Bilel and covering the season, not just one game.

View attachment 1922

very nice , but i still think the foreground photo should be a modern one now :) , obviously when you first made it he hadnt played yet , but still very nicely done indeed .

was it made on photoshop ?

Back